Important - For Users of Direwolf20_1_5 Modpack - Urgent feedback needed.

Which Method Should we take to fix the pack

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you very much for the update Slow. All tickets relating to this issue will now be directed here, since my offerings will yield no real solutions for them.

Powersthatbe85

Jul 29, 2019
My Server and I have decided to stay on the current Direwolf 1.1.1 release if we are forced to d a world reset. Most of us have already spent way too much time building our new world.

Are the mod authors doing updates for 1.5 anymore?

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
My Server and I have decided to stay on the current Direwolf 1.1.1 release if we are forced to d a world reset. Most of us have already spent way too much time building our new world.

Are the mod authors doing updates for 1.5 anymore?

Some of them are yes. Right now there's mods that have moved to 1.6 and are done updating for 1.5, Mods that are staying on 1.5 and may not update till 1.7 and mods updating for both 1.5 and 1.7 .... its making it interesting.

ewsmith

Jul 29, 2019
A full fix is immeasurably better. It can prevent this from happening again as well as making the ftb teams lives easier.

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
In this case we are most definately not awesome :) just a bit tired. As to Ray Herrrings solution, thats coming in the next launcher or at least our own version of

Reactions: Ray Herring

Powersthatbe85

Jul 29, 2019
Some of them are yes. Right now there's mods that have moved to 1.6 and are done updating for 1.5, Mods that are staying on 1.5 and may not update till 1.7 and mods updating for both 1.5 and 1.7 .... its making it interesting.

Gotcha. I think the only reason we would do a world reset right now is if red power were to come out... (that was a joke, please no one comment on that)

Would it be possible for us to switch our 1.1.1 direwolf world to the unleashed 1.1.1?

aquavitae

Jul 29, 2019
For what it's worth, the Unleashed pack had some conflicts too. ID for both force gems and gate copier was 6000, and IDs in the 12000 range were assigned to both Extra Trees and MFR.
And, yes, a proper fix that will fix things is far better than a patch.

DaveSW

Jul 29, 2019
Mistakes happen, it really isn't a big deal. That said, it is better to deal with the pain now and keep the packs the consistent. Restarting a new world isn't that big of a deal, I could always use creative mode to get myself back to where I was.

Werner Figueiredo

Jul 29, 2019
@dragonboy1127 i know man, i know.

BUT, we must remember that GREAT job this guys are doing. I mean, I try to do a mod pack for my own, for me and friends, this is a LOT of work, and we have this at one click with FTB.
Just thanks for effort and love that you put on this.

And, know what... Let's beat down that trees ;)

EDIT: perhaps a release prediction help on anxiety :p

philadeos

Jul 29, 2019
I've run servers both FTB and before, and I believe that it is absolutely imperative long-term that consistent and universal Block IDs be used between all FTB Mod Packs. Therefore, I am decidedly on the side of a good, honest, long-term fix so that this very incident doesn't occur again in the future. I'll be able to sell a one-time world restart to my players a heck of a lot easier than a series of interruptions and custom 'quick fixes' as this continues.

Also, Slow, Thanks for your candor about the issue.

Bigdog

Jul 29, 2019
Full fix i have not done much on my server so it will not bother me don't think anyone has done much yet as i told them i going to do full reset for 1.6 anyway which is what i waiting on.

Finally this forum sent me a email tried so many times to get it to send me a email.

Ray Herring

Jul 29, 2019
In this case we are most definately not awesome :) just a bit tired. As to Ray Herrrings solution, thats coming in the next launcher or at least our own version of

Oh cool, thanks for that Slow. Really annoying having to download the entire pack each time, even worse when the internet blips for a second or so and causes the download to just give up.

Also means you guys won't have to host the mods themselves. What i like about mcupdater is that it can follow adf.ly links and the like.

The other bonus is not only making changes becomes a bit easier, you have to host less, and changelogs become very easy, simple 'diff' between the old xml file and the new one to pull out what mods changed.

Thecheatgamer1

Jul 29, 2019
I would like a full fix, the iic community server has suffered loads with world regenerations and bugs and world gen!

We need all of this to stop and we keep loosing members because of this, lag is more common now then in 1.4.7!

Status
Not open for further replies.