If YOU had only one mod to take out of Ultimate, forever, what would it be?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
I already take out lots of mods. I won't list them all but a few: BiblioCraft, XLBiomes, Advanced Solar Panels, Gravity Gun.......

That's just me though. I wouldn't take out a thing for everyone else. I love having lots and lots of mods to choose from. The more the better :)

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, the only thing I hate about xycraft is the quartz.
Not its appearance, or item destroyer or uselessness as thus far, but becaus e it creates and renders a small light/air pocket for every crystal, causing a serious FPS decrease for the client.
For example, playing on tekkit 100 Fps (medium render)
Direwolf20 pack (with optifine) 40 Fps (short +16)
Ultimate pack (with optifine) 37 FPs (short + 16)
Yogcraft (no optifine) 49 Fps (FAR)

The primary difference between tekkit/YogPack and direwolf/ultimate is the inclusion of xycraft.
The difference generated by this mod is unbelievable, I wish quartz were just an ore :/

Reactions: ILoveGregTech

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
So I keep hearing people saying that they don't want to remove RP2 because it adds frames, something no other mod does yet.
But I've been keeping track of a certain UE mod called Complex Machines. Apparently it adds something called a "Airship" which is built with two special blocks, a controller and a motor. Giving the Controller a redstone signal makes linked motors move, taking blocks along with them. I haven't tested it yet(still futzing about finding a good seed, likely going to enable the same biomes from Ultimate in my custom build because of these shitty seeds I keep getting), but it sounds like it would be a decent stand-in for RP2s Frames.

But what mod would I remove? RP2. I've had enough with it's volcano's eating villages Plus Marble, which it looks kind of nice, causes lag in Mystcraft Cave Worlds. I haven't bothered to try to learn LUA to use CC, and FORTH is much harder to me to understand, so computers are right out for me in RP2, every mod seems to have Lamps these days, and so on. Really, as good as RP2 is... it's not worth the trouble to me. And with Complex Machines and it's Airships... No reason for me to morn the loss of RP2. Except for the athme and enchantments. But thats it!

Reactions: ILoveGregTech

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Can I revise my statement: Xycraft OMG I HATE THAT MOD! Sorry soaryn but so far all it's done is cuase my barrels to overflow with xycraft ores and the crystals...I take crystals to the nether and burn them in the lava one by one I hate them so much.
Xycraft would be a great mod if soaryn started to give a shit about it.

Seems its very pretty tanks cause issues now too, else Id use them. *toss hands in air*

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
No way! Mystcraft is a must IMO for servers/packs that may update with new world gen.
This isn't due to dense ores, or lava worlds etc, its about having an age to mine, with desert, plains, ocean within one quarry, and not ripping the overworld up in the process.

And if a new world gen is added, then mystcraft let's you have this ore gen without going miles from spawn.

Also linking books are nice to connect a server, particularly if they're too lazy to connect each others houses otherwise, and this helps keep connections without work! :p

But yeah, primarily for being able to access new world gen if added, and an age to quarry in.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
Ferg -100 points because I don't know what I would do if I was in the postives. With keeping with the theme I would like rp2 to fix alot of its lag but if thats not possible I might have to try that air ship thingy.

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
YAY everyone agrees with RP2 :D
And for Mystcraft I like that you can make new worlds for world gen. I get that
But having something (a book) that you open and click a button and it takes you anywhere for no power items etc is just OP

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Buutttt....
As cool as it is, your mod isn't used in any packs, nor on any servers that I am aware of...

And it's not in the ultimate pack, so that's kinda off-topic :/

Hoenestly though, you need to implement renewable dragon eggs without reliquary sooner rather than later, as the idea of having only one item available on a server is fine when the item doesn't do anything, however when it's the most powerful tool in the game... things get ugly.
Basically, I am against the principal of:
"If I have it, you can't" and vice-versa. That's how I felt about the dragon siphon without relequary also.

Reactions: Chocorate

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
Buutttt....
As cool as it is, your mod isn't used in any packs, nor on any servers that I am aware of...

And it's not in the ultimate pack, so that's kinda off-topic :/

Hoenestly though, you need to implement renewable dragon eggs without reliquary sooner rather than later, as the idea of having only one item available on a server is fine when the item doesn't do anything, however when it's the most powerful tool in the game... things get ugly.
Basically, I am against the principal of:
"If I have it, you can't" and vice-versa. That's how I felt about the dragon siphon without relequary also.
There is :D
It's being beta tested right now
And it was a joke you don't have to compliment my mod it's cool a lot of people don't like it I don't really care lol right now I'll admit it's poor but it's growing.
But yea like I said there is a renewable dragon egg recipe. AND it's not cheaty

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
Easy.

Thermal Expansion - I am sick of receiving bug reports that aren't related to TE. If people would just stop playing the mod, I wouldn't have keep investigating these absurd claims.

Yeah but it's really your fault for making it so good.