If YOU had only one mod to take out of Ultimate, forever, what would it be?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Voxel doesn't count FYI.
Mine would be Secret Rooms. Sure, it's good for sneakey schtuff (yes that was mispelled on purpose), but why do it if you can just shield yourself in a MFFS Forcefield or TONS of Arcane stuff.
Or Petrogen, it's obsolete due to GregTech.

Reactions: Gaston

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
* grabbing popcorn *

I'd say EE3, I guess, because I disable it anyway, but not sure I would want to remove it for everyone.

Thinking about it, removing any mod for everyone else seems kind of unfair, as some people might use and like what others don't.

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a bigger fan of sticking stuff in rather than pulling stuff out.

But I guess the extra biomes one. I know, I know, but it adds so many biomes. Problem is a lot of the vanilla ones are more useful since they provide emeralds, those plants for the dye for the blue prints, witch huts.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Every cheese mod. EE3, Soulshards ect

Until they are majorly balanced. Infinite x resource with little thought put into it or real creativity at all is cheese mod to me.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
I'd firstly remove PetroGen, it's COMPLETELY obselete with GregTech installed as the GT diesel generator has higher eu/t, lower cost, and better fuel - eu ratio.

Then I'd consider balence, but they require thinking, so may be posted later.

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
;)[DOUBLEPOST=1368575193][/DOUBLEPOST]I would say RedPower
I don't want Eloraam to think her mod is good anymore. If she can't update it then give it to someone else or tell people that it's dead.
Don't expect to be treated as a demigod because you created a great mod but not update it.
Also it messes with GregTech too much (ruby spawns) and GregTech/MFR/AE/etc. are all replacing it a bit at a time... So yea

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019

Waaaiiittt.... I see what you did there.

And about RP, it does indeed heavily change the amount of Ruby's in the world (sapphire also, but ruby=chrome which is more important)

However, until we have a replacement for frames, everything else can be replaced, and all purely by computer craft actually, Vanilla logic = small-large room, RP logic = 2-5 squared, CC logic = 1 block. That MFR rednet also replaces bundled cable, mostly. Has CC implemented support for this yet?

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Taking out one mod for myself? Redpower.
Taking out one mod for everyone? Gregtech being defaulted to hardmode on Ultimate. Like Lambert says, it shouldn't be on hardmode default. If Ultimate is supposed to show off all the different mods, why change them according to one certain playstyle? Save that for Mindcrack.
I wouldn't want to take out Gregtech as a whole though. If I had to completely take out one, it'd be Soulshards. I'm sorry, but a lot of people seem to use it as an excuse to call other mods OP. It spawns unlimited mobs, for free, into a possibly free mobtrap. And people still say Solar Panels are OP...

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
Taking out one mod for myself? Redpower.
Taking out one mod for everyone? Gregtech being defaulted to hardmode on Ultimate. Like Lambert says, it shouldn't be on hardmode default. If Ultimate is supposed to show off all the different mods, why change them according to one certain playstyle? Save that for Mindcrack.
I wouldn't want to take out Gregtech as a whole though. If I had to completely take out one, it'd be Soulshards. I'm sorry, but a lot of people seem to use it as an excuse to call other mods OP. It spawns unlimited mobs, for free, into a possibly free mobtrap. And people still say Solar Panels are OP...
This^ This couldn't be said any better. I'm all about people appreciating GregTech more but if it messes with other mods and such people are going to hate it right from the start. And at least with solars you have to craft them which can take a little while...

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
This^ This couldn't be said any better. I'm all about people appreciating GregTech more but if it messes with other mods and such people are going to hate it right from the start. And at least with solars you have to craft them which can take a little while...
That actually could have been said better, I was taking some ideas from Lambert in his "Gregtechs role in the modpacks" thread. Brilliant work, it's worth a read.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Redpower... on the condition that it only happens after I update to 1.5 and get my fancy new RedNet.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Secret Rooms. Extrabiomes must stay, almost infinite clay it adds. Seriously, the stuff is easy to get now.
Also, ILGT, by saying that you want RP2 removed, You have been lowered 3 points on the How well are you known thread.
I cannot believe you.
Traitor.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Or more lowly to be included, xycraft adds a scythe of some sorts, form what I've seen from Mead and Dires vids.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
I would probably get rid of AE simply because I don't understand it. it adds some great features I'm sure I just have no idea what im doing with it.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019

This was the first good laugh I had today. Ty.

Quite honestly, I would pull out thaumcraft. Not because I don't like it, I've just had issues with nodes, and I hate having to wait to create a whole mystcraft world just so I, or a friend if I'm on a server, don't muck up the world around us doing research.

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
Can I revise my statement: Xycraft OMG I HATE THAT MOD! Sorry soaryn but so far all it's done is cuase my barrels to overflow with xycraft ores and the crystals...I take crystals to the nether and burn them in the lava one by one I hate them so much.