If you could add one thing to any mod...?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Dear Santa, for christmas I would like:
- a way to transfer my bespoke mystcraft dimensions over to RFTools ones.

new system what looks cool. Must play about with.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Priority settings for power on Tesseracts/Dimensional Transceivers. High numbers get power first, equal numbers split power evenly.

legionite626

Jul 29, 2019
I've always thought that a mod (maybe AE2) should add a block that flips the world upside down. For example, you could have a perfect sphere-shaped dome that half is facing up and when you go underneath you are also facing up if that makes sense. Hard to explain but sounds like a cool idea.

Reactions: Psychicash

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
I've always thought that a mod (maybe AE2) should add a block that flips the world upside down. For example, you could have a perfect sphere-shaped dome that half is facing up and when you go underneath you are also facing up if that makes sense. Hard to explain but sounds like a cool idea.

Or have a dome where the center is always up... hehe (am I right PlayerOne? :p)

I would like chisel to expand their textures and lower the mat cost for the recipes. Like instead of 8 blocks per 1 nether quartz... how about a stack per 1 nether quartz? :p3

EDIT: Not complaining, Chisel is awesome... completely awesome.... Chisel fanboy #158916123757103 ... I'm pretty sure :p

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Today's pipedream:

TNT miner. Follows in the vein of various mods which add TNT that doesn't destroy dropped entities.

Like a BC mining well you plonk it down and feed it power. It'll start extending a drill head below it, place a blast shield under itself...

...then start seeding the shaft it digs with TNT.

Once it's got as far down as you want, feed it a redstone signal and BEWM.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Today's pipedream:

TNT miner. Follows in the vein of various mods which add TNT that doesn't destroy dropped entities.

Like a BC mining well you plonk it down and feed it power. It'll start extending a drill head below it, place a blast shield under itself...

...then start seeding the shaft it digs with TNT.

Once it's got as far down as you want, feed it a redstone signal and BEWM.
Or like a quarry that instead of wizzing back and forth over the whole plot, it starts from one side. It then drills down shafts with a decent spacing apart across the width of the quarry. Maybe in a circular pattern around the quarry block. Then it places tnt in the shafts moves out, sounds alarm. Blasts of a slice of the wall down a certain depth, goes in and picks up items and repeats.

Would be awesomely realistic, but probably not healthy to watch/for the server :p

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Like Planetguy's Mining Explosives from his SpyCraft mod?

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
One thing I could add to any mod?

I'm probably reading this too literally, but I'd go for one of those books like Botania/Tinkers has that goes into glorious detail on how to use the mod.

Reactions: ljfa

Renton Terrace

Jul 29, 2019
a way to turn certain warp effects off in Thaumcraft because some of the visual effects can be a real pain (as in IRL headaches/nausea)

Reactions: Pyure

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Or like a quarry that instead of wizzing back and forth over the whole plot, it starts from one side. It then drills down shafts with a decent spacing apart across the width of the quarry. Maybe in a circular pattern around the quarry block. Then it places tnt in the shafts moves out, sounds alarm. Blasts of a slice of the wall down a certain depth, goes in and picks up items and repeats.

Would be awesomely realistic, but probably not healthy to watch/for the server :p

Actually a customizable option for the bc quarry would be good. Something that would add options like digging each square streight down or instead of strip maybe a checkerboard pattern lol

Reactions: malicious_bloke

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Actually a customizable option for the bc quarry would be good. Something that would add options like digging each square streight down or instead of strip maybe a checkerboard pattern lol

Well, that could literally just be a GUI option for any current quarry once placed. It's something i'm surprised hasn't happened yet

Reactions: Psychicash

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Bit late to the party here, sorry about that, but...
I thought you COULD enchant the bound sword??? Good job I didn't try and put my Fortune II book on mine - I'd have hated to waste it! :(

You can enchant the Bound Blade.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to see an addon to any mod (probably random things) where the nether gate lets out evil and spreads (taint like) nether biome blocks from the gate and spreading... that could be a thing

EDIT:

I'd also like to see additional bedrockium recpies. maybe some chisel textures for blocks.

Weapons, tools, etc. Maybe a really heavy furnace that holds more fuel... maybe a bedrockium golem like an iron golem but with way more health and stronger, I don't know... I love the drum but feel like there should be more uses... maybe a hat? lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Colensocon1

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for the all the posts, at work and bored LOL

I would love Steve's Factory Manager to have a library where I could save scripts to my HD and use them later on different worlds... Would really love that... hint... hint.... or a block that lets you input scripts or export them as items and trade between players... hmmmmm :p

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for the all the posts, at work and bored LOL

I would love Steve's Factory Manager to have a library where I could save scripts to my HD and use them later on different worlds... Would really love that... hint... hint.... or a block that lets you input scripts or export them as items and trade between players... hmmmmm :p

Steve's Addons has a configuration that allows this.
it's has a whitelist of users who can use this function, so open the configuration file from Steve's Addons and add your username to the whitelist

after that you can save your manager scripts outside minecraft, either through a savefile or pastebin
you can also load your scripts aswell through savefiles and pastebin

though the downside with savefiles is that it'll be hard to load the scripts on multiplayer servers and the downside of pastebin is that you can only upload a few scripts per day, as pastebin has an upload limit

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Steve's Addons has a configuration that allows this.
it's has a whitelist of users who can use this function, so open the configuration file from Steve's Addons and add your username to the whitelist

after that you can save your manager scripts outside minecraft, either through a savefile or pastebin
you can also load your scripts aswell through savefiles and pastebin

though the downside with savefiles is that it'll be hard to load the scripts on multiplayer servers and the downside of pastebin is that you can only upload a few scripts per day, as pastebin has an upload limit

yeah but more in game functionality rather than config editing... would be awesome