If you could add one thing to any mod...?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Other crossmod shenanigans one would like to see:

A way to add the "bound" effect to TiCo weapons, to allow one to collect weak blood shards with a modifiable TiCo sword :3

AND/OR

The ability to enchant (specifically fortune) the bound sword.

*whistles innocently*

Reactions: SpitefulFox

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Reminds me: I wish there was a "Goggles of Revealing Enchant". Make it complicated and/or expensive to get, but I would find it worth it.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Let's face it, what we really want is for TiCon to be part of vanilla (or forge), so every mod adds support for their enchants as modifiers. ^^

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Reminds me: I wish there was a "Goggles of Revealing Enchant". Make it complicated and/or expensive to get, but I would find it worth it.

See the thing is, of the endgame "virtually invulnerable" armours, the Quantum suit is the only one that doesn't provide that functionality already IIRC.

MPS allows you to stick goggles of revealing into your helmet, you can add a sanguine helmet to a socket in the bound armour and you can even get bedrock goggles of revealing as a bit of RoC crossover.

But yeah, having it as an enchantment on vanilla armours would be kinda handy in some ways, I guess?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
See the thing is, of the endgame "virtually invulnerable" armours, the Quantum suit is the only one that doesn't provide that functionality already IIRC.

MPS allows you to stick goggles of revealing into your helmet, you can add a sanguine helmet to a socket in the bound armour and you can even get bedrock goggles of revealing as a bit of RoC crossover.

But yeah, having it as an enchantment on vanilla armours would be kinda handy in some ways, I guess?
Well technically Electro-Magic Tools supplies a "Quantum Goggles of Revealing", but to balance it, it does not come with auto feed, night vision etc.

But it would be a nice way for every armour(enchantable that is) of every game phase to be compatible.

EDIT: OH and while we are at it: Enchants(for every armour piece or simply be enough to have rank 4 on one piece perhaps?) to stand in for Apiarist clothes.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Well technically Electro-Magic Tools supplies a "Quantum Goggles of Revealing", but to balance it, it does not come with auto feed, night vision etc.

But it would be a nice way for every armour(enchantable that is) of every game phase to be compatible.

EDIT: OH and while we are at it: Enchants(for every armour piece or simply be enough to have rank 4 on one piece perhaps?) to stand in for Apiarist clothes.

Aye, that's the main thing I miss about MPS in 1.7.10

Everything else can make you invulnerable to damage, fire, fall, drowning etc etc etc blah blah blah, but you can still die to tropical bees.

FFS

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I like apiaries containing bees with constant effects to emit a redstone signal. Because right now I place a gate on top of them and have it power a red colored lamp when the bees are running. Just like sludge boilers.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019

A way to add the "bound" effect to TiCo weapons, to allow one to collect weak blood shards with a modifiable TiCo sword :3

AND/OR

*whistles innocently*
You check Blood Arsenal yet? I haven't messed with it yet to be sure if the Blood Iron parts do what you asked.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015

AND/OR

*whistles innocently*
I thought you COULD enchant the bound sword??? Good job I didn't try and put my Fortune II book on mine - I'd have hated to waste it! :(

Hoping this hasn't been stated already: I'd like to see extrasolar travel in GalactiCraft (GalacticCraft?), truly going out into the galaxy itself :) more advanced engines and so on, maybe even stasis pods for long journeys.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I thought you COULD enchant the bound sword??? Good job I didn't try and put my Fortune II book on mine - I'd have hated to waste it! :(

Hoping this hasn't been stated already: I'd like to see extrasolar travel in GalactiCraft (GalacticCraft?), truly going out into the galaxy itself :) more advanced engines and so on, maybe even stasis pods for long journeys.
I think there are third-party addon mods for extrasolar travel. I haven't looked at that type of thing at all, though.
(I think it's spelled Galacticraft. :p)

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
a goddamn way to see which P2P is linked to which P2P in AE2. you have advanced technology with AE2, being able to autocraft any item on demand and storing millions of chests in a single block, but I still have to friggin use signs to figure out the linked P2P's!!

Reactions: gold49

Jackcat136

Jul 29, 2019
a goddamn way to see which P2P is linked to which P2P in AE2. you have advanced technology with AE2, being able to autocraft any item on demand and storing millions of chests in a single block, but I still have to friggin use signs to figure out the linked P2P's!!
Just use IC2 Information Panel so it LOOKS techy

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Again, this isn't really a solution, but you could use a different coloured cable between each P2P linkage? Would that help?