If you could add one thing to any mod...?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Again, this isn't really a solution, but you could use a different coloured cable between each P2P linkage? Would that help?

that might get really messy though if you've alot of cables going around, and I'm already not that great at using channels from AE2, so if I were to use color coding like that I think I might even understand less from the channels
but I just don't understand why they haven't added the option of marking your P2P tunnels yet, seeing as P2P tunnels are used so much in AE2

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Do you subnet your cables? If so, then just run uncolored cable until you're close, then connect a color cable.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
that might get really messy though if you've alot of cables going around, and I'm already not that great at using channels from AE2, so if I were to use color coding like that I think I might even understand less from the channels
but I just don't understand why they haven't added the option of marking your P2P tunnels yet, seeing as P2P tunnels are used so much in AE2
Idea (that doesn't exist yet, but would solve your problem): When you're holding an AE memory card, it highlights the P2P tunnel it's bound to in one color and all tunnels bound to that one in another color. Maybe blue for input and orange for output, as per the convention set forth by Thermal Expansion. The highlights would, of course, be visible through walls.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Another thing to add to Carpenter's Blocks:
Slopes that slope up/down to slab size.
Yes you can use Collapsible blocks on horizontal surfaces, but not vertical. And it would be MUCH easier to work with the Slopes.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Idea (that doesn't exist yet, but would solve your problem): When you're holding an AE memory card, it highlights the P2P tunnel it's bound to in one color and all tunnels bound to that one in another color. Maybe blue for input and orange for output, as per the convention set forth by Thermal Expansion. The highlights would, of course, be visible through walls.

or perhaps something similar to Ender IO, where if you left click a P2P tunnel a GUI shows up where you can see the linked P2P and the surroundings of the P2P
I guess the easiest way of doing linked P2P tunnels is to just use a number/word system, where you give a P2P a name or number and link it up to another P2P with the same name or number

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I'd also like another crossover mod that basically adds thaumcraft warp effect to [whichever mod adds clouds...either TiCo or Natura iirc].

Chemtrails in Minecraft :p

Reactions: pizzawolf14

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I would like to be able to add the OpenPeripheral Terminal Glasses effect to other helmets. So I could program different HUD status messages without loosing armour and features of loosing a helmet.

Maybe it could be added as an enchant through a process of "attaching circuitry to the helmet".

Reactions: PierceSG and gold49

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to be able to add the OpenPeripheral Terminal Glasses effect to other helmets. So I could program different HUD status messages without loosing armour and features of loosing a helmet.

Maybe it could be added as an enchant through a process of "attaching circuitry to the helmet".
... Expansions to the Traveller's Goggles would just be fantastic; I want ALL of the modded headgear at once! (Except maybe the sonic glasses. Those can stay their own item ;))

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
I want a set of universal traders which convert items into a universal trading liquid with different efficiency (20% wood to 80% diamond ?) depending on the material used.

What would make that stand out from EMC is that it would actualy poll an http server somewhere and simulate a real economy with all players from the same mod. If someone find a trick to convert blaze rods into 6 blaze powder instead of 5. The blaze rod price would simply go up a bit while the blaze powder would go down. Until his trick is not really that good anymore.

What would it changes ? Someone could want to simply build a pasture full a sheeps and sell the wool for a living. He would'nt be forced to mine for red stone, travel to the nether for netherwart or hunt an enderman for his pearl. As long as he produce enough wool to trade with another player, he would be good.

It would open a world of new crazy builds that don't follow the same boring early path.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I want a set of universal traders which convert items into a universal trading liquid with different efficiency (20% wood to 80% diamond ?) depending on the material used.

What would make that stand out from EMC is that it would actualy poll an http server somewhere and simulate a real economy with all players from the same mod. If someone find a trick to convert blaze rods into 6 blaze powder instead of 5. The blaze rod price would simply go up a bit while the blaze powder would go down. Until his trick is not really that good anymore.

What would it changes ? Someone could want to simply build a pasture full a sheeps and sell the wool for a living. He would'nt be forced to mine for red stone, travel to the nether for netherwart or hunt an enderman for his pearl. As long as he produce enough wool to trade with another player, he would be good.

It would open a world of new crazy builds that don't follow the same boring early path.
It is a really nice idea. Until someone tweaks the recipes of his own modpack and completely screws over the economy by trading in diamonds made from dirt. :(

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
It is a really nice idea. Until someone tweaks the recipes of his own modpack and completely screws over the economy by trading in diamonds made from dirt. :(

Some type of pack management could be done, like if I play pack x I can trade with other people using pack x, but not people with pack y or pack z. However, we would then need a way to make sure people are playing on unmodified versions of pack x/z/y to avoid people using other mods or minetweaker scripts to cheat the system...

Overall I agree with you, would be amazing but even if it partially worked I do not think it would be worth the effort.:(

Reactions: rhn

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019

Well we could make some basic protection. Automaticaly detect suspicious trades (more sells then buy or vice versa) or unusualy big amount of something. And apply the market change only locally in their world if in doubt.

If only in small amount, some players would quickly spot that there is cheap diamonds and buy a few. Way before it hit the price of dirt.

I also doubt it would be a huge problem since, if you're going to edit your mod pack. Why not just cheating the items in creative ?

Ganjalf_The_Green

Jul 29, 2019

Do you know "Universal Coins Mod"? I think you want something like that and is fully customizable.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Well we could make some basic protection. Automaticaly detect suspicious trades (more sells then buy or vice versa) or unusualy big amount of something. And apply the market change only locally in their world if in doubt.

If only in small amount, some players would quickly spot that there is cheap diamonds and buy a few. Way before it hit the price of dirt.

I also doubt it would be a huge problem since, if you're going to edit your mod pack. Why not just cheating the items in creative ?
Sounds reasonable.

But one of the rules of the internet: Someone out there is bound to be motivated through some bizarre or perverted reason to mess things up for everyone else :p

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds reasonable.

But one of the rules of the internet: Someone out there is bound to be motivated through some bizarre or perverted reason to mess things up for everyone else :p
I don't think it's a problem honestly. For players in single player (where I believe it would be the best), players have access to cheat anyway if they really want. If a troll make their diamond too cheap, they can just avoid to buy them for a while. Or better intentionally give more ressource for the diamond and fix the economy by themself.

For server play, we could let the economy run locally and have the admin synch manually with the world only so often.

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
the old upgrade system in gregtech back, so I didn't have to put signs next to machines on what upgrades they have. it was so handy to see them in the machine interface.