If you could add one thing to any mod...?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
yeah but more in game functionality rather than config editing... would be awesome

agreed, but the mod developer of Steve's Addons was already quite against adding this funtionality through configurations
I'd also like this to be a whole lot easier, as I tend to go overboard with the manager scripts and end up with huge scripts, so being able to copy or paste them through my worlds would be awesome

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
agreed, but the mod developer of Steve's Addons was already quite against adding this funtionality through configurations
I'd also like this to be a whole lot easier, as I tend to go overboard with the manager scripts and end up with huge scripts, so being able to copy or paste them through my worlds would be awesome

not to disrespect the author (cause it's an amazing mod) but I wonder why be against this function?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
not to disrespect the author (cause it's an amazing mod) but I wonder why be against this function?
Maybe because computer craft has it and everyone is " abusing" it. The mod author wanted the cost to be inside the need to program it your self but because you can so easily share scripts that "cost" is gone and as a result computercraft is now seen by many players as an overpowered mod. Maybe the mod author of steves factory manager doesn't want the same thing to happen with his mod. However I never used this mod so I am not certain how the sharing in stead of making the scripts would effect the balance.

Reactions: immibis

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe because computer craft has it and everyone is " abusing" it. The mod author wanted the cost to be inside the need to program it your self but because you can so easily share scripts that "cost" is gone and as a result computercraft is now seen by many players as an overpowered mod. Maybe the mod author of steves factory manager doesn't want the same thing to happen with his mod. However I never used this mod so I am not certain how the sharing in stead of making the scripts would effect the balance.

computercraft is over powered? :( I love turtles. In fact I have been looking into sentry programs for battle turtles. I found out I can dye them... I'll have 4 for the base, blue, orange, red and purple. Yes my computercraft battle turtles... :p

Seriously though, it's not that it's difficult to setup really each time but it can get tedious if you are programming the same thing. Discovering new things and programming them is fun. But after the 3rd or 4th time...

Ok I guess where the frustration is where I move my base at all... If I have to move the factory manager I have to completely reprogram it. How about a save function for the just that minecraft world so I can move the block.... No export... is that a cfg option as well? I would love to see that button (Save upon breaking) upper right hand corner...

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

pretty much this. the mod developer though the balance of the mod depended on having to write the manager scripts yourself and not just copying and pasting them from others.

I don't completely agree with that point though, as Steve's Factory Manager is not so easy to use a script as with Computercraft. with SFM if you want to have an useful script you'll have to use variables as much as possible, and these variables need to be reset each time you move the manager. you'll also need to go through the whole script if you load a script from another world as the items and blocks may be mismatched between different worlds (I had this happen yesterday to me when I loaded a script from my creative world, I had to completely go through the script and reselect all the items and blocks because they were mismatched)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Carpenter's Blocks:
Ctrl+Click with the Carpenter's Hammer on a Collapsible block should adjust it 3 or 5 levels.
Alt+Click with the Carpenter's Hammer on a Collapsible block should adjust all the way to the to or bottom position.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
...but wouldn't thenchunk have to be loaded to receive signal?
Nope- the game could save their position and an 'activation frequency' outside of the world, which'll allow them to be remotely activated even when they are unloaded.
Vanilla does something similar with the end portal [its location is precalculated and saved] and I think Reika's Chromaticraft pylons work without being loaded.

Reactions: rhn

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like a way to get out of menus and inventories without using the keyboard.

Sometimes my cat claims exclusive use of my left hand for petting purposes. Don't want to mess with the existing power structure.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
After being eaten by a Hungry Node who then ate my gravestone and all of my items, I'd like a way for the negative effects of Thaumcraft to not effect, or at least reduce their effects on, people who haven't progressed into at least early Thaumcraft. I hadn't even made a thaumomitor yet.

Reactions: RedBoss and Flipz

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
An early game storage in AE2 that uses a chest with a limited internal storage. More than a diamond chest, maybe similar to the Draconic chest, but with slots limited to maybe 4 vanilla stacks and with a scroll feature and only requires power and does not require any of the other peripherals of the AE system.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
An early game storage in AE2 that uses a chest with a limited internal storage. More than a diamond chest, maybe similar to the Draconic chest, but with slots limited to maybe 4 vanilla stacks and with a scroll feature and only requires power and does not require any of the other peripherals of the AE system.

They do already have this though it's not super cheap

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
You can access the ae chest like a chest as long as it has power without using a terminal. It just needs a drive to designate space