IC2 is slowly dying out ?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
It's quite the extensive list, so I'll probably need to compile something more substantial as a reference. :)

UE's balance is fairly solid internally, as are the "standard" Forge mods - it's when you put them together that shenanigans begin as they run on different paradigms. Config options would work here as well as direct numbers passes.

It's AtomSci and Mekanism that are the worst offenders so far based on testing, although they're a lot closer now than they ever were.

You should be specific, Velo. Specific things I can think of offhand:
  1. We need to help Calclavia get good steam ratio numbers. DoctorOr was looking at this.
  2. Steel creation from Mekanism can muck with things.
  3. It'd be great if we could easily introduce lossiness to the Mekanism power conversion. Sometimes it's not good that it's so efficient.
  4. It'd be great if MFFS had some smarts about other mods. Like for example, a config option for portable holes. :)

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
We need to help Calclavia get good steam ratio numbers. DoctorOr was looking at this.

Looking?

Looked. Done. 15-20KW per 40mB of steam. 15KW puts it slightly below an industrial steam engine. 20KW puts it more than slightly above - a steam engine converts to 16.6 KW

I suggested 15KW for the single block turbines, 20KW * 9 for the large multiblock, which tracks the relative resource cost (9 ingots for the turbine, 11 for the engine) and provides a bonus for multiblock. The steam consumption should remain static. After the turbines are set, balancing the reactor output is fairly trivial, since you're no longer trying to juggle all the variables at once.

Current steam consumption is basically zero. I've never hit a limit to how many turbines a reactor - or a railcraft boiler - can power. I reached 88 large turbines before I got tired of bothering. At current RR config of 15KW per turbine, that means I exceed 11MW - or approx 14k EU - production from a 36HP boiler or 5x5 AS reactor.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Looking?

Looked. Done. 15-20KW per 40mB of steam. 15KW puts it slightly below an industrial steam engine. 20KW puts it more than slightly above - a steam engine converts to 16.6 KW

I suggested 15KW for the single block turbines, 20KW * 9 for the large multiblock, which tracks the relative resource cost (9 ingots for the turbine, 11 for the engine) and provides a bonus for multiblock. The steam consumption should remain static. After the turbines are set, balancing the reactor output is fairly trivial, since you're no longer trying to juggle all the variables at once.

Current steam consumption is basically zero. I've never hit a limit to how many turbines a reactor - or a railcraft boiler - can power. I reached 88 large turbines before I got tired of bothering. At current RR config of 15KW per turbine, that means I exceed 11MW - or approx 14k EU - production from a 36HP boiler or 5x5 AS reactor.

There is that parameter we haven't tweaked yet. Remember?

Xeonen

Jul 29, 2019
I think IC2 is feature complete, and Alblaka is waiting Minecraft 2.0 release to release the new Industrial Craft. I don't think IC2 is useless though, it's like saying BC is useless except of quarries, every mod matters for FTB. Without any of them, FTB won't be the same.

Two words; Red Power

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019

I think you're right about the steam consumption. I just built a fusion reactor setup in a creative test world, and 153 large turbines were fed off of a single fusion reactor with funnels, and liquiducts and such. Those 153 large turbines weren't even putting a scratch in the steam produced. I would have built more, but at that point it was charging an ultimate energy cube in less than 3 seconds...

Chaos_Therum

Jul 29, 2019
Somehow I got notified by the FTB forum for this thread via email :p
We're working on updating to MC 1.6 right now and UE 2.0 will bring out more compatibility with other mods, especially making all electrical devices universal.

My biggest issue with UE although I love it don't get me wrong is the lack of documentation.

Reactions: dgdas9

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
My biggest issue with UE although I love it don't get me wrong is the lack of documentation.

I agree the documentation for the most part is horrible. Most of the stuff I've had to work out on my own or learn from resonant rise players on this forum.

Chaos_Therum

Jul 29, 2019
I agree the documentation for the most part is horrible. Most of the stuff I've had to work out on my own or learn from resonant rise players on this forum.

I have figured out what I can by watching direwolf20's mod reviews and a couple other youtubers so reviews. it would be nice if they just included a rudimentary list or uses for each block. Then the users would at least have somewhere to start

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
But IC1 could be considered dead. Some people will use IC2 once IC3 is released, but theoretically it's dead.