1. Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

IC2 is slowly dying out ?

Discussion in 'General FTB chat' started by StreetKing, May 4, 2013.

1. KirinDave

KirinDave New Member

Remember that one time when Oceanographers and have pretty much always known what it was? Like forever. And have explained it over and over? And no one listens?

Good times.

southernfriedbb likes this.
  2. PhilHibbs

PhilHibbs Forum Addict Trusted User

hutchkc likes this.
  3. RavynousHunter

RavynousHunter New Member

I killed the reactor, Greg must've made a backup!

4. ApSciLiara

ApSciLiara New Member

Shouldn't y'all be using the Immunity Sword when Greg's in play? It is immune to all rule changes, after all. I guess that'd work on nerfs as well?

5. PonyKuu

PonyKuu New Member

You just need EE3. It kills Greg just by being there. EE2 is much more effective, but I think it is a forgotten artifact that's lost somewhere in spacetime.

YX33A and southernfriedbb like this.
  6. Bigglesworth

Bigglesworth New Member

Yes we know of their lies to cover up the truth. Iceburgs my ass!
    [​IMG]

YX33A and southernfriedbb like this.
  7. southernfriedbb

southernfriedbb New Member

You reminded me of this quote.

8. Hoff

Hoff Tech Support

southernfriedbb and YX33A like this.
  9. ICountFrom0

ICountFrom0 Forum Addict

Indeed. That is the writing of a "spike" who thinks that not only is the world made out of spikes, but it is the only way to be.

The good news is that sandbox games tend to draw more timmy's and johnny's. If you want redstone done, find a johnny.

southernfriedbb, YX33A and Hoff like this.
  10. RavynousHunter

I know a little bastard who thinks just like this, and he grates against my very being. I understand wanting to win, but jesus christ, he tries to win at PvE...in fucking Guild Wars 2. Yet fails to realize that, in GW2 PvE, everybody wins because that's how it was designed in the first place. Same shit goes with Minecraft which, thankfully, he's never tried to play with me...and I wouldn't let him, and if I saw him enter my private, personal freaking server, I'd ban him outright. I mean, I abuse power loops and shit, sure, but at least I'm not a dick about it, I readily admit that's exactly what I'm doing. I'm not "playing to win," I'm abusing a mechanic so I can get free fuel. Even then, its never on some huge scale, its more of a supplement to my existing infrastructure than a machine all unto itself.

Boring, boring, BORING! I swear, these little Munchkins are the reason we've got garbage like Madden 204913413480515 and Halo Eleventy: MORE DEAD ALIENS AND SHIT outselling things like The Witcher and The Darkness.

...I detest Munchkins, if ya can't tell. However, I'll admit that it is fun as hell to irritate the little fuckers into tears of impotent rage. Loonies of the world, unite!

ICountFrom0, YX33A and PonyKuu like this.
  11. KirinDave

KirinDave New Member

Shallow writing from someone who derives their self-esteem from their performance in arbitrary acts rather than in real accomplishments and true experiences. I still talk to this guy, and he makes me look cheerful.
    One need not apply the Book of Five Rings to all things to achieve happiness in life. Indeed, history suggests that over-optimization ultimately leads to downfall.

12. RavynousHunter

If Miyamoto Mushashi were still alive, he'd flay that little punk alive for bastardizing his book like that. He'd probably do it with an oar, too.

Poppycocks likes this.
  13. Koops

Koops New Member

I think IC2 is feature complete, and Alblaka is waiting Minecraft 2.0 release to release the new Industrial Craft. I don't think IC2 is useless though, it's like saying BC is useless except of quarries, every mod matters for FTB. Without any of them, FTB won't be the same.

14. Mjw

Mjw New Member

i know whats no longer dead: this thread

PeggleFrank, Loufmier and ApSciLiara like this.
  15. SatanicSanta

SatanicSanta New Member

Thanks for the awesome necro! Sweet!

PeggleFrank and ApSciLiara like this.
  16. Technician

Technician New Member

Mjw more than covered it.

17. CrafterOfMines57

CrafterOfMines57 New Member

Alblaka has been practically MIA for like two months, I severely doubt he's suddenly going to come back one day and be like "It's okay guys, I abandoned my team to make IC3 all by myself!!!"

18. RavynousHunter

There's more to IndustrialCraft than Alblaka. What's to stop someone like RichardG from doing it? Least, from what I remember, RichardG is part of the IC2 team...

19. PhilHibbs

PhilHibbs Forum Addict Trusted User

The way I've heard it is, the people who are working on IC2 are just in maintenance mode, none of them want to step up to the plate as "creative director" and take the mod in new directions. All this is pure gossip though.

20. Velotican

Velotican New Member

There aren't many directions they could take it short of rebuilding the whole thing anyway.

Pokefenn likes this.