IC2 is slowly dying out ?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Reminds me of a super spooky sound once recorded deep in the ocean that no one has been able to explain yet, not for a lack of trying.

Remember that one time when Oceanographers and have pretty much always known what it was? Like forever. And have explained it over and over? And no one listens?

Good times.

Reactions: southernfriedbb

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Shouldn't y'all be using the Immunity Sword when Greg's in play? It is immune to all rule changes, after all. I guess that'd work on nerfs as well?

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Remember that one time when Oceanographers and have pretty much always known what it was? Like forever. And have explained it over and over? And no one listens?

Good times.

Yes we know of their lies to cover up the truth. Iceburgs my ass!
2114742-14080_1_other_wallpapers_cthulhu_monster.jpg

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
The awful squid-head with writhing feelers came nearly up to the bowsprit of the sturdy yacht, but Johansen drove on relentlessly. There was a bursting as of an exploding bladder, a slushy nastiness as of a cloven sunfish, a stench as of a thousand opened graves, and a sound that the chronicler could not put on paper. For an instant the ship was befouled by an acrid and blinding green cloud, and then there was only a venomous seething astern; where — God in heaven! — the scattered plasticity of that nameless sky-spawn was nebulously recombining in its hateful original form...

- H.P. Lovecraft, Call of Cthulhu

You reminded me of this quote.

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
Indeed. That is the writing of a "spike" who thinks that not only is the world made out of spikes, but it is the only way to be.

The good news is that sandbox games tend to draw more timmy's and johnny's. If you want redstone done, find a johnny.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I know a little bastard who thinks just like this, and he grates against my very being. I understand wanting to win, but jesus christ, he tries to win at PvE...in fucking Guild Wars 2. Yet fails to realize that, in GW2 PvE, everybody wins because that's how it was designed in the first place. Same shit goes with Minecraft which, thankfully, he's never tried to play with me...and I wouldn't let him, and if I saw him enter my private, personal freaking server, I'd ban him outright. I mean, I abuse power loops and shit, sure, but at least I'm not a dick about it, I readily admit that's exactly what I'm doing. I'm not "playing to win," I'm abusing a mechanic so I can get free fuel. Even then, its never on some huge scale, its more of a supplement to my existing infrastructure than a machine all unto itself.

Boring, boring, BORING! I swear, these little Munchkins are the reason we've got garbage like Madden 204913413480515 and Halo Eleventy: MORE DEAD ALIENS AND SHIT outselling things like The Witcher and The Darkness.

...I detest Munchkins, if ya can't tell. However, I'll admit that it is fun as hell to irritate the little fuckers into tears of impotent rage. Loonies of the world, unite!

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed. That is the writing of a "spike" who thinks that not only is the world made out of spikes, but it is the only way to be.

The good news is that sandbox games tend to draw more timmy's and johnny's. If you want redstone done, find a johnny.

I once played a scrub who was actually quite good. That is, he knew the rules of the game well, he knew the character matchups well, and he knew what to do in most situations. But his web of mental rules kept him from truly playing to win. He cried cheap as I beat him with “no skill moves” while he performed many difficult dragon punches. He cried cheap when I threw him five times in a row asking, “Is that all you know how to do? Throw?” I gave him the best advice he could ever hear. I told him, “Play to win, not to do ‘difficult moves.’” This was a big moment in that scrub’s life. He could either ignore his losses and continue living in his mental prison or analyze why he lost, shed his rules, and reach the next level of play.

Shallow writing from someone who derives their self-esteem from their performance in arbitrary acts rather than in real accomplishments and true experiences. I still talk to this guy, and he makes me look cheerful.
One need not apply the Book of Five Rings to all things to achieve happiness in life. Indeed, history suggests that over-optimization ultimately leads to downfall.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
If Miyamoto Mushashi were still alive, he'd flay that little punk alive for bastardizing his book like that. He'd probably do it with an oar, too.

Reactions: Poppycocks

Koops

Jul 29, 2019
I think IC2 is feature complete, and Alblaka is waiting Minecraft 2.0 release to release the new Industrial Craft. I don't think IC2 is useless though, it's like saying BC is useless except of quarries, every mod matters for FTB. Without any of them, FTB won't be the same.

CrafterOfMines57

Jul 29, 2019
I think IC2 is feature complete, and Alblaka is waiting Minecraft 2.0 release to release the new Industrial Craft. I don't think IC2 is useless though, it's like saying BC is useless except of quarries, every mod matters for FTB. Without any of them, FTB won't be the same.

Alblaka has been practically MIA for like two months, I severely doubt he's suddenly going to come back one day and be like "It's okay guys, I abandoned my team to make IC3 all by myself!!!"

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
There's more to IndustrialCraft than Alblaka. What's to stop someone like RichardG from doing it? Least, from what I remember, RichardG is part of the IC2 team...

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
The way I've heard it is, the people who are working on IC2 are just in maintenance mode, none of them want to step up to the plate as "creative director" and take the mod in new directions. All this is pure gossip though.