IC2 is slowly dying out ?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure quite what you mean as regards conservation of energy. The gravity and infinite water thing are very silly, I'll grant you. Mob spawning is a handwave, it's easy enough t o assume they came from somewhere, in most cases. As for machines, many don't need that much maintenance, not over the span of time most Minecraft worlds last for. When was the last time you needed to do maintenance on your fridge, or your washing machine?

The thing is, though, there is a difference between verisimilitude and realism. The thing that matters most is that the world is internally consistent, and I can see the argument that what Power Converters does with steam breaks that consistency. I don't necessarily agree with it, but there's definitely a valid argument there.

I'm no physicist, but the law of conservation of energy states that the energy in a closed system remains constant over time. Minecraft does not adhere to this rule. Energy is created and lost constantly.

Well, can't you make that argument with ANY mod that introduces a new mechanic?

Take soul shards. That breaks consistency in so many ways that it hurts. Notch specifically made it so that you CAN'T pick up mob spawners with things like silk touch. Ultimately, the argument is simply made with any mod that you don't particularly like.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Reality is not something of minecraft. I have yet to see the leaves of a tree floating in the air without a trunk or at the very least branches.

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019
Ok phase 3 tactics everyone avoid the exploding machines when he gets to 30% hp he will summon mining lasers these are unkillable but will run out of charge. Mfsus will spawn, kill them before the mining lasers charge. an add name greg will appear at 20%. every 2 minutes he will cast nerf making the weapons you are currently using useless. make sure to have plenty of weapons. at 1% he will put quantum armour on. hit it with tconsruct rapiers. if greg has nerfed them your screwed unless you find iridium within 5 minutes

Reactions: Anubis and Whovian

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
I've got an idea! Limited resources for (nearly) unlimited power generation!

Imagine an oil block, which appears near bedrock, it's flow spreads up instead of down, similar to glowstone, but the source block itself doesn't move, nor can it be moved by any means at all. (clicking with a bucket for example will give you a bucket of oil but doesn't scoop up the source, flowing oil can be scooped up similarily). You can keep pumping it for oil but you only get a reasonable amount. It flows up to the first free air space + a bit extra depending on how strong the source is, spreads sideways and from it there it behaves like water again, this would require three block ID's, but damn would it be nice. It'd however require a much more complicated refining process to be of any use. And a lot of energy to begin with.

Same for steam geysers. For something a bit more accessible. Just gotta place turbines on top.

Two things:

-BuildCraft already added oil springs. :)
-I can do all of that with one block ID. (Although in practice, I would use 2 block IDs and one of them would be for a generic "spring" block which would create any liquid I tell it to.)

Reactions: southernfriedbb

OmegaJasam

Jul 29, 2019
Two things:

-I can do all of that with one block ID. (Although in practice, I would use 2 block IDs and one of them would be for a generic "spring" block which would create any liquid I tell it to.)

I'd love to see that with appropriate forge/api support. I can think of a half dozen mods that could do really cool stuff with such mechanics.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Two things:

Oh yeah, they wanted to do that with water at first, make water a limited resource, wonder why they didn't push with that, would be interesting to say the least. You sure you wouldn't need 3? Spring, pressurized, flowing? Then again, I guess you could do both pressurized and flowing with damage values.

Damn, geysers would be neat, like if they generated in groups of 1-3, with a little stone "mouth" on the surface. Would make for a nice nether lava substitute. Although this should probably be done by a worldgen/biome mod.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
So a geyser would have different amounts of entropy, with a very rare "old faithful" type coming along (with very stable release times), and you could tesseract that or just deal with the geyser nearby that is on for 5% of it's life, with days of inactivity.

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
Also...am I the only one that's becoming increasingly more irritated by the word "cheaty?"

So you'd prefer "OP" to "cheaty" ?

Its the acronym for all occasions, don't you think? When the OP says OP is OP, we can disagree with the original poster that doubling output from ore processing is over-powered -- but labelling it cheaty? meh.

So Im with you - lets stick to the use of "OP". Use it early in every thread. And use it often! Horray!!

o_O

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
So you'd prefer "OP" to "cheaty" ?

Its the acronym for all occasions, don't you think? When the OP says OP is OP, we can disagree with the original poster that doubling output from ore processing is over-powered -- but labelling it cheaty? meh.

So Im with you - lets stick to the use of "OP". Use it early in every thread. And use it often! Horray!!

o_O
...Don't make me get my pimp cane.