IC2 is slowly dying out ?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Huh. Whaddya know. That's already what I do.

I thought there might have been a limit... but I actually wasn't sure. Are you sure it's 1,000 mb/t?
yeah. when i tested this, i`ve put liquiducts to drain 720 mb/t from 2 36 hp boilers, to 2 tesseracts, that send to 1 tesseract connected to steam consumer.
in order to use all steam from bridge, i`ve used ev eu producer feeding matter fab. the biggest number i`ve seen in energy bridge was 1000mb/t.
when i added 2nd steam consumer to system i`ve got 1000mb on 1 consumer, and 440 on second.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
the limit is 1000mb/t per steam consumer.
the solution i`ve found, to avoid this limit and reduce energy loss is: 1 steam consumer, bridge, and hv eu producer per 1 steam boiler. then connect it to your network with glass fibre
Grrr, I wish i'd known that before now. I've been wasting 440 mb/t of steam for ages thanks to this :mad:

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
I dunno. I understand that conceptually it doesn't make any sense, but neither do half the things we use in Minecraft.

Tesseracts? How the hell do those things work? Joules traveling through conduits? None of it makes a lick of sense. There's no point in criticizing one mechanic due to its realistic inconsistencies if you're not willing to do the same for ALL mechanics.
Tesseracts are filled with molten ender pearl, and it's well established that ender pearls and endermen in general have teleportation powers. Not seeing a problem there.

And conduits don't transport Joules, they transport Minecraft Joules, which are a completely different thing that just happens to have a similar name.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Tesseracts are filled with molten ender pearl, and it's well established that ender pearls and endermen in general have teleportation powers. Not seeing a problem there.

And conduits don't transport Joules, they transport Minecraft Joules, which are a completely different thing that just happens to have a similar name.

You'd see the problem if you'd bothered to get context on the conversation.

I was comparing Minecraft to reality. Not to itself.

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
No, the standard assumption is "like reality except where noted". Enderpearls clearly come under "except where noted", as do Minecraft Joules, being a different unit of measurement to Joules. Steam power does not come under "except where noted", and is thus a valid target for realism disputes.

That said, the original complaint was regarding game balance, not realism.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
No, the standard assumption is "like reality except where noted". Enderpearls clearly come under "except where noted", as do Minecraft Joules, being a different unit of measurement to Joules. Steam power does not come under "except where noted", and is thus a valid target for realism disputes.

That said, the original complaint was regarding game balance, not realism.

The original complaint that was I was responding to was that the mechanic didn't make sense. Trust me. I was there.

Are the absence of gravity affecting certain kinds of mass, lack of conservation of energy, infinite water, infinite mob spawning, and most machines not requiring any maintenance at all also 'except where noted'?

Trust me, there are a lot more mechanics in Minecraft that are based on, and subsequently defy the laws of reality than not. Making a point to complain about one while ignoring the others is just silly.

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
The original complaint that was I was responding to was that the mechanic didn't make sense. Trust me. I was there.

Are the absence of gravity affecting certain kinds of mass, lack of conservation of energy, infinite water, infinite mob spawning, and most machines not requiring any maintenance at all also 'except where noted'?

Trust me, there are a lot more mechanics in Minecraft that are based on, and subsequently defy the laws of reality than not. Making a point to complain about one while ignoring the others is just silly.
Not sure quite what you mean as regards conservation of energy. The gravity and infinite water thing are very silly, I'll grant you. Mob spawning is a handwave, it's easy enough t o assume they came from somewhere, in most cases. As for machines, many don't need that much maintenance, not over the span of time most Minecraft worlds last for. When was the last time you needed to do maintenance on your fridge, or your washing machine?

The thing is, though, there is a difference between verisimilitude and realism. The thing that matters most is that the world is internally consistent, and I can see the argument that what Power Converters does with steam breaks that consistency. I don't necessarily agree with it, but there's definitely a valid argument there.

Reactions: Poppycocks

Petrus

Jul 29, 2019
I disagree. Balance can make the difference between a game being challenging and fun, and being boring because it's effectively like creative mode. Having diamonds and redstone down near the lava lakes is a good example, if diamonds grew on trees and redstone was just under the dirt then there would be no thrill of achievement. I still go to the End to farm pearls, even though I've got a dozen stacks of iron blocks that I could get pearls from, because I feel the EE3 conversion is cheaty. Of course trying to achieve "balance" that everyone agrees on is like nailing jelly to a tree.

http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/intermediates-guide.html - You might find this interesting.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
Course not, IC2 will only die when nobody is left to develop it. I said that shit a long time ago, and I'm sure someone else did before me.

Also...am I the only one that's becoming increasingly more irritated by the word "cheaty?"
ya I tend to agree with you their its like people have gone the polar opposite of all the free stuff I can get