I Derp, You Derp, We all Derp, What's your's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
So I decided I wanted to swap my Gold banded greatwood wand for a nice thaumium/silverwood job. Today I've been through all the stages of setting up my alchemical furnace, loads of jars of essentia, building my infusion altar and all that, just so I could make the bits for my new wand.

I even spent an hour or two hunting wisps for essence.

Then I finally get the three bits I need to make the new wand, only to find my current one can't hold enough vis to make the new one even at maximum.

Doh!

Reactions: moded guy 123

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
So I decided I wanted to swap my Gold banded greatwood wand for a nice thaumium/silverwood job. Today I've been through all the stages of setting up my alchemical furnace, loads of jars of essentia, building my infusion altar and all that, just so I could make the bits for my new wand.

I even spent an hour or two hunting wisps for essence.

Then I finally get the three bits I need to make the new wand, only to find my current one can't hold enough vis to make the new one even at maximum.

Doh!
I manage to do that every single time, and even after doing that I still haven't learned my lesson; I currently have all the pieces of a thaumium-capped silverwood staff sitting in a chest.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I manage to do that every single time, and even after doing that I still haven't learned my lesson; I currently have all the pieces of a thaumium-capped silverwood staff sitting in a chest.

Well, my new plan is to make a gold-capped obsidian wand as a stopgap, it apparently has a higher vis limit than greatwood so hopefully it'll give me enough to play with. But that also entails me going back out to farm more wisps (haven't managed to locate a wisp-spawner yet). I'm just trying to work out what the next obstacle thaumcraft is going to throw in my path will be lol

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Well, my new plan is to make a gold-capped obsidian wand as a stopgap, it apparently has a higher vis limit than greatwood so hopefully it'll give me enough to play with. But that also entails me going back out to farm more wisps (haven't managed to locate a wisp-spawner yet). I'm just trying to work out what the next obstacle thaumcraft is going to throw in my path will be lol
What is it you're farming wisps for, anyway? I made a blaze wand last time, nether quartz before that. It's usually a pretty brief speedbump for me.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I need wisp essence to make Salus Mundi or whatever you call it.

Needed that to infuse my thaumium caps and I also need it to make whichever new wand core I go with.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I need wisp essence to make Salus Mundi or whatever you call it.

Needed that to infuse my thaumium caps and I also need it to make whichever new wand core I go with.
Oh, that. Just take a quick trip and smash a few nodes you don't need. Roughly speaking, every 10 vis a node has is worth one essence-thingy.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
On a side note, another one I do constantly despite knowing better is put the syrum I was desperately trying for through a furnace immediately after getting it.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
DO NOT middle-click your MAC's inventory. I got the fabled blue-screen-of-death because Inventory Tweaks was trying to sort it and it sucked up all my memory.,,

... I can't resist the urge to sort things.

Also, I must be insane, because if something doesn't work, I try it again.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
DO NOT middle-click your MAC's inventory. I got the fabled blue-screen-of-death because Inventory Tweaks was trying to sort it and it sucked up all my memory.,,

... I can't resist the urge to sort things.

Also, I must be insane, because if something doesn't work, I try it again.
Yeah, don't do that with a chest full of Mystcraft pages either.

ThorinNL

Jul 29, 2019
So I tried the first time using the auto-spawner, had to do something with my mob-essence from my grinder.
I thought by myself; well lets use the killing pit (made of dirt and surrounded by water and also functions as a small dark room).

Not sure, if the spawning would happen on top or bottem. Thus placed it in the ceiling of my killing pit and was suddenly surrounded by many endermans and none in the pit. I found myself very lucky that I didn't test it with something more aggressive.

So well let's put it in the bottom then. That worked for a very, very small amount of time. I forgot they would steal the dirt left, right and from under their feet, with off-coarse followed with the sudden flooding of the place.

Imnafoy

Jul 29, 2019
Way back in 1.2.5 times, i was trying to make nuclear reactor cooled by ice... first derp was that i forgot to connect outputed energy through HV transformer... it blowed up machines making ice and one mfsu... but it wasn't that bad... i repaired it in a hour... but after that i logged out from server and returned to it another day... there was only hole since snow golem-based snow farm was one block out of range of chunkloader... :D of course reactor was just under my base.... derp...

Also in Ultimate pack I clicked on barrel with mining laser with scatter mode... it was in middle of my base... It hit just finished RP2 based sorting and processing system and one or two gregtech machines... of course big chain reaction followed. I rage-quited till next wipe... good thing was that it was about one or two months before graduation exam at university, so I had plenty of time to learn. :D rage quiting is good to cure addiction :D

Last edited:

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019
In the first version of Minecraft I played, 1.4.7 with FTB Ultimate, I lost 2 saves to middle-clicking wireless receivers in creative mode. (DO NOT DO THAT IN 1.4.7)

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Does it try to sort all of it at once or just a single page? One page isn't that many inventory slots is it?
Even if it is the whole thing at once, is the sort algorithm that poorly implemented or where's the problem?

C

chbachman

Moving my ae system with the drives in my inventory and accidentally shift clicking the delete button in nei, losing all of my items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
Moving my ae system with the drives in my inventory and accidentally shift clicking the delete button in nei, losing all of my items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why you should never use utility mode!

kittle

Jul 29, 2019
When i was first getting to know twilight forest - I found one of those minotaur dungeons and set a turtle to start excavating it.
Seeing as this was going to take a while I figured i would just float and play chunkloader while I was afk. This way no mobs would attack.

Forgot I was in blaze form and found out the hard way it DOES rain in twilight forest (nevermind it hadnt rained the whole previous 6hrs RL time).
RIP set #5 of TiC tools

Reactions: Sp4rky_Bl0x