I Derp, You Derp, We all Derp, What's your's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Best derp ever
I'll be perfectly honest, I was expecting this:

tumblr_mu21855Zlx1spp0ndo1_500.gif

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
So my quarry stopped sending items back to my base.

At first I thought it had hit bedrock and needed resetting, so I grab my trusty wrench and landmarks and head over to the dig site.

Then I notice the FOUNTAIN of stone and dirt and other blocks flying everywhere out of the quarry.

*scratches head*

*sudden realisation*

When I set my quarry down, I got the tesseract, the conduits and buffer chest inside the chunks loaded by the quarry but somehow I put my trashcan one block across into the next chunk over, the mechanism was failing to void all the crap when I wasn't present.

FFS.

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

QFT

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
posting about some cool way to farm nether stars, without killing wither boss....and finding out the recipe only works in peaceful mode. herpin da derpin in 2014.

Reactions: PierceSG

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Making a Direwolf20-esque cursed earth mob spawner outside out of stone bricks, only to find that endermen hate me and keep taking the stone bricks from the walls, breaking the spawner. I didn't know they could take stone bricks now...
I converted the walls into obsidian; let's see those trolly endermen break it now.

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
Making a Direwolf20-esque cursed earth mob spawner outside out of stone bricks, only to find that endermen hate me and keep taking the stone bricks from the walls, breaking the spawner. I didn't know they could take stone bricks now...
I converted the walls into obsidian; let's see those trolly endermen break it now.
They may decide to one-up you as well and take your cursed earth.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
They may decide to one-up you as well and take your cursed earth.
At least it spreads. But they were taking the walls out and letting the light in.
And I'm assuming at least one of them stole my MFR grinder; it could have been a light/dark mage, but I doubt it as nothing else was wrecked.

Although you never can tell with endermen...

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
Endermen are more of a nuisance than any kind of threat (unless your name is Direwolf20). They are quick to steal dirt though. I found that out the hard way when doing maintenance on a vanilla enderfarm

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I thought I could do it.

I picked up a firestone in the nether and I basically weighed up the risks entailed in getting it back to base.

All I needed to do was emerge from my portal, buzz across the first floor, down the stairs, across the machineroom floor to my ME access terminal.

My roof and the floor of the upper tier of Bloke towers are wood slabs.

Or should I say, they *were* wood slabs.

I gambled, my floor and ceiling lost.

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
Ender pouch or some kind of backpack for the win I'd say.
Best way to carry a firestone is NOT in your direct inventory. Use some other way such as suggested by ljfa. I learnt that by watching Direwolf20's vids.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
I made a room that was supposed to be 4x5.... 4x4.....

Edit: out of glass so i had to waste glass....

Edit: and there were no deserts near by and that room aws supposed to be my pulverizer room, so i couldn't TE me sand

Edit: and i lit tnt next to my ME drives.

KollinsK

Jul 29, 2019
Jump into a new Mystcraft Age, got my linking book back home on me. Explore, find stuff, fill inventory. Use Ender Pouch to send stuff back to chunkloaded base...including the linking book back home. Luckily the world had a star fissure.

Oh and there was the nether trip with a Nitro Creeper taking out my vanilla portal and me running around trying to get flint from gravel, pissing off zombie pigmen mining nether iron and nether coal and then cowering by the furnace I barely had enough cobble to make hoping that one bar of iron will cook faster.