I Derp, You Derp, We all Derp, What's your's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ThorinNL

Jul 29, 2019
@malicious_bloke Thanks for sharing. I've got one in the neighborhood as well with 150+ on 2 aspects.
Was thinking about it, to grab it, but (lucky for me) I postponed it and now it will be postponed forever!

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I've gotten into Ars Magica for the first time lately and i really like a lot of the spells. Unfortunately, i've put them all into a spellbook for inventory's sake. This is unfortunate solely because i never remember what spell i used last which leads to so many misclicks. I've mined machines, flooded my base, killed my sheep, charmed a zombie, etc.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I've gotten into Ars Magica for the first time lately and i really like a lot of the spells. Unfortunately, i've put them all into a spellbook for inventory's sake. This is unfortunate solely because i never remember what spell i used last which leads to so many misclicks. I've mined machines, flooded my base, killed my sheep, charmed a zombie, etc.
Could be worse, you could have charmed the sheep XD

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Lady Meda

Jul 29, 2019
I built my first Big Reactor, put in one extra block that broke it, pulled my hair out for an hour in confusion, realized the problem, and was so excited to fix it that I forgot to empty the gelid cryotheum before removing the offending block. Yay for gelatinous, icy death.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I built my first Big Reactor, put in one extra block that broke it, pulled my hair out for an hour in confusion, realized the problem, and was so excited to fix it that I forgot to empty the gelid cryotheum before removing the offending block. Yay for gelatinous, icy death.

That would be painful.

The last mishap I had with BigReactor coolant involved a destabilised ender spillage and me ending up stood in the lava trench I use for my ceiling lights. :-/

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
Set up shop in a NPC village. Decided to start on RotaryCraft and convert a village field to canola, keeping the oak wood frame. Set up the RC fans to harvest and powered them with steam engines directly behind them fueld by burning netherrack. Immediately being reminded that RC fans spread fire...

xKazlyn

Jul 29, 2019
I Had set up a industrial coil recharge station, using hydrokinetic engines. Usually i would check it very closely to prevent an explosion, but this time i didnt; the ONE time i put a chunkloader near it.. i go off into another room in my base, and i hear BOOM BOOM BOOM in the distance, i look at this minimap and there is now a large hole where my industrial coil was.

The worst part about this was it destroyed all my RC engines, and ALL my iron, since i was processing it, hence the chunkloader lol
2014-05-07_20.14.55.png

Atleast the chunkloader survived..

PaulK

Jul 29, 2019
Relatively early on I built a portal to the nether, made it "safe" by building a fully enclosed stone hut around it with an iron door and obsidian pressure plates. I left the overworld side "open to the weather" or as I should say "open to all of the mobs using it as a safe-house during the day".

The other night I decided to check on my lava pump, farm some blazes and mine some nether quartz. I went through the portal and had just enough time to see a face full of creeper. It took multiple zerg runs to finally kill everything that was in that "safe" room. Lost all of my wand foci, top-tier TiC tools, Flux Infused Sword, and a raft of other stuff.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Relatively early on I built a portal to the nether, made it "safe" by building a fully enclosed stone hut around it with an iron door and obsidian pressure plates. I left the overworld side "open to the weather" or as I should say "open to all of the mobs using it as a safe-house during the day".

The other night I decided to check on my lava pump, farm some blazes and mine some nether quartz. I went through the portal and had just enough time to see a face full of creeper. It took multiple zerg runs to finally kill everything that was in that "safe" room. Lost all of my wand foci, top-tier TiC tools, Flux Infused Sword, and a raft of other stuff.
I once got blown a few km across the Twilight Forest thanks to this. Bloody ground-based portals.

Scarecrow560

Jul 29, 2019
Finding a sacred rubber sapling in a jungle loot chest. Say to myself "Ooooh what's so different about this sapling?".

Proceed to place it right outside my base. Bonemeal it, nothing happens, then all my saplings and wheat farms start to unplant themselves and I don't know what's happening.

Then the tree rendered and I almost shat my pants as to how big it was...

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Finding a sacred rubber sapling in a jungle loot chest. Say to myself "Ooooh what's so different about this sapling?".

Proceed to place it right outside my base. Bonemeal it, nothing happens, then all my saplings and wheat farms start to unplant themselves and I don't know what's happening.

Then the tree rendered and I almost shat my pants as to how big it was...
"Sacred rubber" is a bit of an oxymoron, all things considered....

Sorry, sorry, I'll stop.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019

That's why I like putting warded stone in front of the entrance. Also, most of the time I build portals in my basement.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
That's why I like putting warded stone in front of the entrance. Also, most of the time I build portals in my basement.

If you plan to nether a lot, build an EnhancedPortal. You can turn them on and off so you don't get mobs crossing over like jonathon edwards.

Alternatively, the vanilla trick with two dispensers, a bit of redstone knowhow and a button works too.

Reactions: Padfoote

Schadrach

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, kinda a copy cat. But here goes.
I was playing a server on Unleashed a while back. I set up a nuclear reactor to go with my supergen for IC2. I go up to go work on making some more components. The hole fit a cactus farm pretty well...

I have an IC2 nuke plant one too...

Back in the days when making an Ice CASUC nuke reactor was all the rage, I decided I was going to be a bit contrary just for the sake of it and devised a way to get even higher fuel efficiency -- firing the reactor in a very short burst with a very long cooldown (using a redpower timer and inverter) since it was full of nothing but fuel. This worked, but didn't give you stable enough power to be useful. So the idea struck me to build a lot of them and a redstone circuit to fire them in sequence (basically a series of repeaters, not that complicated, used a switch to test the circuit thoroughly before I did the next part). I set up all the reactors on the circuit, filled them all with fuel, rigged up the wiring and transformers to get the power going where it needed to, and placed the final bit of redstone (connecting the timer to the inverter) in the circuit to start the whole mess up. I even included a safety factor in my timing, running for only 2/3 of the maximum runtime before it would blow and giving it an extra 30s of cooldown (and I had a single reactor run like that for a long time with no issues).

The circuit started, it went through the first several reactors without a hitch. There was however a tiny wiring error that didn't come up until the appropriate reactor turned on, caused a tiny explosion which knocked out a single piece of redstone, which switched all the remaining reactors on with no way to turn them off in the ~3s it would take for them to blow.

In the end, a tiny IC2 wiring mistake caused a really, really impressive crater. Also, pulse-fired nuclear reactors would work, but oh dear god if you made even the tiniest mistake. Looking back at the idea, given the number of nuke reactors I was willing to build and fill I probably should have given each nuke plant it's own inverter so it would default to keeping the plant off -- then it would have been less likely to go up in that astounding chain of destruction.

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
If it was underground, you could have use that derp as an excuse of using nukes to mine diamonds. If anyone asked what happened, that is.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I thought I could do it.

I picked up a firestone in the nether and I basically weighed up the risks entailed in getting it back to base.

All I needed to do was emerge from my portal, buzz across the first floor, down the stairs, across the machineroom floor to my ME access terminal.

My roof and the floor of the upper tier of Bloke towers are wood slabs.

Or should I say, they *were* wood slabs.

I gambled, my floor and ceiling lost.

As someone who loves wood for decoration, what is firestone?

I would suggest that instead of using normal TNT blocks, you use Forge Multipart's or Project Red's saws and cut them up into slabs or covers - it saves on resources and isn't explosive.

Hey, an Etho Slab is supposed to be explosive. Why did Forge multipart mess that up?