I Derp, You Derp, We all Derp, What's your's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

abaga129

Jul 29, 2019
My friend and I once played plain old Skyblocks in hardcore. After a couple hours my friend got shot off the edge by a skeleton. As I stood their weeping over the loss of my fellow minecrafter, the same skeleton shot me off the edge. Guess it made for a good ending to the video.

efefe48

Jul 29, 2019
THE UNLUCKIEST MAN IN MINECRAFT, PART 2 (2 MONTHS AFTER RESTART/BIG BOOM)
So...we had to restart our server becuase of the reasons in my previuos post...
Things are going well.
I have a base now that more closely resembles a city.
It even has a forcefield!
...I can now do anything that i want, i have tons of resources, researched Thaum completely...
But STILL I have some Epic Fails.
1)I Had a quarry in the overworld that i used Enderchests to get resources
I then thought "Hey its not far away from my base i can just go get resources and give it fuel by a train!"...
So i made the coolest train you can ever think of: it is Firestone fueled, has protection from mobs because steves carts, and is on a high speed track, AND FINNALY it has a bridge through TWO MERGED RAVINES I FLOODED WITH LAVA...
I found out you can replace blocks below your tracks by using a cart BUT you can use ONLY gravel or crushed obsidian...
Why did i use gravel...
Why...
I FORGOT ABOUT THE BRIDGE!!! THE TRAIN IS GONE!!!WHYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?
2)Ichor from Thaumic Tinker...
*sigh*
Its recipe required 65 aspect from a jar.
!!!65!!!
I MISREAD IT FOR 64 MY TOWER OVERFLOWN WITH TAINT I WASTED A NETHER STAR AAAAAAA HELP!!!!
3)With Witchery i summoned a demon to get some refined evil...i didnt know they could explode...*SIGHEST OF SIGHS*
...You may think i am lying BELIEVE ME ALL OF THE ABOVE IS TRUE...why am i so unlucky and dumb.
*sigh*

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
THE UNLUCKIEST MAN IN MINECRAFT, PART 2 (2 MONTHS AFTER RESTART/BIG BOOM)
So...we had to restart our server becuase of the reasons in my previuos post...
Things are going well.
I have a base now that more closely resembles a city.
It even has a forcefield!
...I can now do anything that i want, i have tons of resources, researched Thaum completely...
But STILL I have some Epic Fails.
1)I Had a quarry in the overworld that i used Enderchests to get resources
I then thought "Hey its not far away from my base i can just go get resources and give it fuel by a train!"...
So i made the coolest train you can ever think of: it is Firestone fueled, has protection from mobs because steves carts, and is on a high speed track, AND FINNALY it has a bridge through TWO MERGED RAVINES I FLOODED WITH LAVA...
I found out you can replace blocks below your tracks by using a cart BUT you can use ONLY gravel or crushed obsidian...
Why did i use gravel...
Why...
I FORGOT ABOUT THE BRIDGE!!! THE TRAIN IS GONE!!!WHYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?
2)Ichor from Thaumic Tinker...
*sigh*
Its recipe required 65 aspect from a jar.
!!!65!!!
I MISREAD IT FOR 64 MY TOWER OVERFLOWN WITH TAINT I WASTED A NETHER STAR AAAAAAA HELP!!!!
3)With Witchery i summoned a demon to get some refined evil...i didnt know they could explode...*SIGHEST OF SIGHS*
...You may think i am lying BELIEVE ME ALL OF THE ABOVE IS TRUE...why am i so unlucky and dumb.
*sigh*
le sigh. 1 and 2 have happened to me. 1 was just a while ago, and i was just whut, whut WHUT??? 2 was back a while ago, 1.2 maybe?

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Most of these things can still happen in peaceful, actually.

I'm afraid I'm going to giggle rather a lot the first time you craterize your base. It will happen sooner or later; it always does.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

This.

My guess is they'll update BigReactors and implement meltdowns at an inconvenient moment and my power room will go Hiroshima as I log in one day...

Reactions: Padfoote

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Or IC2Exp impements explosion when all my machines are hooked up to the MFSU. I once craterized my base in the past by that.

And what I also did was using combustion engines, not chunkloaded, where the water supply was not in the same chunk. Next to some diamond chests with quarried items. I really wondered why the engines blew up. Luckily they did so after I entered the area so the stuff in the chests wasn't lost.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Sure, it's simple.

Just remember to isolate everything from the air, because you are producing heat.
And run Co2 through it
And use heat exchangers -- two types -- in two different locations
And don't use too much Co2 (or too little)
And watch your temperature (Oh, and your pipe pressures)
And keep enough water around, it drains faster than minecraft can replenish a small pool
And have something for your spent fuel (in water if possible)
And have enough steam turbines
And make sure you put a block at the end to eliminate waste steam
And ... actually, is that all you need to do? Simple. :)

Reactions: malicious_bloke

abaga129

Jul 29, 2019
And what I also did was using combustion engines, not chunkloaded, where the water supply was not in the same chunk. Next to some diamond chests with quarried items. I really wondered why the engines blew up. Luckily they did so after I entered the area so the stuff in the chests wasn't lost.

This happened to me 3 times before I figured out what was going on. I also had my chests as well as many of my machines in the same chunk. I finally just switched to biogas engines. No overheating. No more yelling when I get back from a long trip :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
Kinda double-derp:
Forget to lookup the range of the well of suffering before deciding where to place your blood altar in relation to your chicken farm.
Building a new pen using clear glass and put your chickens in. While doing that, wonder why there are so few chickens. Decide it's a good idea to actually put clear glass into the windows on all sides.

Reactions: Padfoote

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
I nearly derped. I had a lot of energy, so i decided it wouldnt matter if I extend my quarry the lazy way by letting them eat the hill that was in his path. There was a lake on top of that hill and my base is just beside the quarry. One or 2 block higher and all my base was flooded. It's my lucky day :) .

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
When I got those bound tools in a bag, I promptly put them away when I saw "right click to activate"....

Nope.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I had a bit of a funny moment and built myself a trapped room using loads of dispensers full of arrows and a bunch of rapid pulsers.

Herpaderpaderp, FPS tanks, game crashes.

Then I realise, upon logging back in, that I forgot to include a natural off switch.

So much redstone, so many entities...

My poor PC :(

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
So last night, a friend of mine asked me, "Does this hurt", and tested a sword on me. One shot, dead. I had no armor on.

He apologized, and gave me two of his spare hearts. I proceeded to look up how to make leather out of string (two string per "material" of woven cotton). Easy enough, but I wound up with one leftover woven cotton.

So he asked me if I wanted to see what the sword would do with armor on. I figured it would be better -- less damage because of the armor, right?

The funny thing is, it only claims to be +9 attack damage, and it still single-shoted me with a jump-strike.