I Derp, You Derp, We all Derp, What's your's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

xKazlyn

Jul 29, 2019
How i fix this problem is a little searching, i can fix most world corruptions, since its just usually the level.dat or something with ender storage (in the case of abrupt closes like power outages)

Sent from my ZTE_N9511 using Tapatalk

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
If you pause, the log file reads "saving chunks" and all that; after those messages stop, it should be (relatively) safe to make a temporary backup, especially before you do something like jump into a random Mystcraft age. Plus, when you quit playing for a session, you can do a proper backup.

ThorinNL

Jul 29, 2019
That's actually not safe. The mods take care to turn off map auto-saving while doing the backup. If you do this while running Minecraft your backup might be broken.

I thread minecraft the same way as any rogue-like: save scumming. Backup the game/world before you start playing. Worst case: maybe lost a few hours but gained new insights.

Edit: scrumming to scumming, thanks for the fix :D @pderuiter

Last edited:

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Good, because I'm playing Agrarian Skies. Thanks for telling me that.

Right clicking is Beast Mode, which is useful for clearing large amounts of land, or trolling people, which ever comes first. Other than that, it's a normal pick.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
For save scumming in Minecraft:

The world chunks are saved out very frequently (every 30 seconds, by default, I think). The other support files -- ranging from various mod status files to player.dat inventory contents -- are saved at much lower rates. Your player data is only saved when you quit, or when the /save-all command is issued, as far as I can tell.

There is a reason the Minecrack script does /save-off, to disable inconsistent states, followed by /save-all, to get as close to a single-consistent state as possible (*), then a copy/backup, then the /save-on to resume inconsistent but continual saving of chunks.

(*): The question is, if things are altered during the save-to-disk process, does what is out on disk represent the snapshot of how thing were at the start, or does it catch the changes with potential dups/lost things? I highly doubt that Notch wrote state snapshoting, and I don't think it's been high priority for Jeb to fix.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Had a bit of a dabble with the newest version of galacticraft.

Built all the usual stuff, set up my oxygen gear and parachute, got a spare fuel loader, battery, fuel can and launchpad in my inventory, hopped aboard and sent myself into space.

I was really quite diligent in making sure I had all the accessories I could need to set myself up for the return journey.

Then I clicked the send to dimension button and began my descent to the moon, I made sure to slow myself all the way down to avoid a crash...

a few minutes pass, no sign of the moon's surface approaches

game crashes. Balls.

Log back in to a nice little crater on the moon and a complete lack of my inventory.

Fucking stupid mod, I don't know why I bothered ^_^

Reactions: dalekslayer96

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Not me, not yet... I'd rather make a Big Reactor first, then I can go crazy with other types.

Derp: forgot to watch the minimap on three separate occasions -
1. Died to a GoG2 naga.
2. Died to a (totally random) GoG2 Anubis on my way back to get my grave.
3. Died to a GoG2 Yeti.

Needless to say, I am now keeping a very sharp eye on my surroundings.

SoraZodia

Forum Ghost
Third Party Pack Team
Mod Developer
Mar 11, 2014
My fight with the Arcane Guardian turned into an hide and seek game due to his teleport ability. I spent at least 30-60 minutes going outside my cave base to scan the area, using the unstable ingot block/x-ray machine to find any hidden caves, looking around my base-passing my infusion room time and time again- and in my mob grinder for any signs of him- all while having the annoying boss status randomly popping up to confuse me. I gave up and summoned another Arcane Guardian which I promptly killed in ~10 seconds with the TC rapier + haste II effect + my pure hate/rage.
After that I discovered something interesting in my infusion room (that I was totally oblivious to)... Which was next to the boss spawn room I had set up
7HqBdvB.png
The hide and seek game then turned into an battle in the infusion room... I won.

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering why Minecraft was running out of memory, and I found I only allocated one gigabyte of RAM. (Now it's 3.75)

Mysticmage11

Jul 29, 2019
Besides, I have yet to find a better weapon than the railgun: at maximum, it does 30 points of damage. Is there any item that can do more damage in a single .

Technically it's possible to find the Bane of Pigs or Infiminer. Both deal maximum damage. And the Gravel Gun from RoC does like 250.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Reactions: Padfoote