I Derp, You Derp, We all Derp, What's your's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
BTT: Today I played Blood n Bones. I set up my shelter for the first night in an ender forest. I wasn't able to craft torches yet however so I spent the night in pitch darkness. The night seemed to be quite peaceful, I didn't hear any zombies, just a few endermen. The chaos began at sunrise - looks like there were some different kinds of creepers hanging out. One of them didn't damage any blocks and only took half a heat from me, but he left a bunch of cobblestone, covering up all my stuff. I didn't have a pickaxe yet so I had to get gravel. When I returned to my home I was finally able to make a pick, in pitch darkness again and I mined the cobblestone the creeper left there. But: It was actually silverfish stone. Really? I died since I only had two hearts. FML. I ragequitted.

SoraZodia

Forum Ghost
Third Party Pack Team
Mod Developer
Mar 11, 2014
I didn't understand the meaning of "backup" when I used snapshot 14w26b :'D

Last edited:
Reactions: YX33A

LunaticMiner

Jul 29, 2019
Attacking your friend who is morphed into a mob. My friend almost did that to me. All I heard was him yell "skeleton with a sword?!"
We were fighting mobs at the time, so he didn't have time to notice it was a quartz sword. Even modded skeletons don't use those.[DOUBLEPOST=1403940249][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm full of morph derps. Digging a pit for the night and turning into a spider to climb out and suffocate in the wall.
Respawning in a wall
Come back to location and break the gravestone in CREATIVE MODE
Had to cheat back in rough amounts of what I had
Through the whole situation fail to realize it was the morph that caused all this.

Reactions: dalekslayer96

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't know what Morph did at first, until a friend showed it to me that you can fly as bat. On a server where I've been to the nether before.
Then in singleplayer I've finally killed that bat and went into combat with some zombies, believing that I could just fly away...

Also, morphing to a zombie in daylight.

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
I periodically forget to switch out of "firebat" morph after returning to the overworld. Every time I forget it happened to be raining...

Shabazza

Jul 29, 2019
I had problems with my TE duct network (stopped delivering energy all couple of minutes),
so I built a circuit with autonomous activators to replace a conduit automaticly to reset the TE network.
Now, to catch the broken conduit item reliably , I used a buildcraft obsidian pipe to be able to replace it again.
Directly above this circuit, in the first floor, I have my ME-Access terminal.

Picture:
Code:
[ME Terminal]
------------------ floor (stone)
[TE conduit replacer]

But whenever I broke a block with my pickaxe when standing in front of my ME access terminal, there was no item floating around to pick up.
The broken blocks were gone.
When going some blocks away, it worked like normal.
Also, it suddenly begun to make that sound when a block is picked up. It repeated every 2 seconds, while there was no item around which I could possibly have picked up whatsoever.
So I thought it was a bug and restarted the FTB server.
But the pick up sound remained in the direct vicinity of the access terminal and at this position still no items could be gathered when breaking a block.
They vanished somehow.
I thought: "What the heck ???"

2 days later, I visited the circuit with the autonomous activators again for some reason, and noticed that the pick up noise got louder than in the first floor.
So I checked the circuit. And then realized what was happening:
The vanishing items and also the cyclic pick up sound were not bugs.....
The obsidian pipe (in the basement, directly under my ME system) was sucking in all items that fell on the floor in front of the ME terminal and
added them to the "TE conduit replacer" circuit. So one autonomous activator tried to place those randomly gathered items
instead of the TE conduit, which caused the cyclic "pick up" sound. (because the item could not be placed, but fell down and was sucked up again from the pipe, was placed again...)
I simply did not know the obsidian pipe had such a big range and could also suck items through a 3 blocks thick stone floor. :eek:

Man, this one completely bugged me out. I knocked my head on the table when i found the reason after 3 days.
There were 2 geothermal generators, some ardite, emerald, random blocks and other stuff circulating around the circuit when I checked those inventories.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I added the word "Derpy" to some MultiMC builds of mine.
uF3BJQy.png

My Waifu Poni! And so forth.

Reactions: ljfa