I Derp, You Derp, We all Derp, What's your's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

No one

Jul 29, 2019
I left a combustion engine on without water in my base once.Goodbye,my whole base and everything in my ME system.
Thank god I make backups right before I start playing.

Reactions: dalekslayer96

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019
My most legendary derp was when I was having fun with ICBM without knowing how it worked. Placed Antimatter bomb next to base... Set off Antimatter bomb that was close to base but not close enough to destroy it... Antimatter bomb at base got set off, my beautiful base that I spent 2 days on and used it for nearly a full year was finally destroyed. And that was my first ever base in MC. And people ask why I never build bases anymore in Minecraft.

triblades

Jul 29, 2019
Automate Octuple Compressed Cobblestone and then try to AE autocraft with recipes with cobble...

Of course then manually decompress cobble and put it in AE. Why isn't it working?.... (thén disabled the compression)

elenoire

Jul 29, 2019
i right click my bound pick instead of shift + right click, now i have a lake of liquefied enderpearls from under the reactor.

Reactions: Padfoote

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
i right click my bound pick instead of shift + right click, now i have a lake of liquefied enderpearls from under the reactor.
lol
Your stuff must be scattered all over the place then
That's why having this in a reactor can be a bit of a hassle.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
My automated mob essence system stopped working. Everything seemed to be doing its thing, but the mob essence didn't seem to be getting from the sewer to the tank. I checked everything and couldn't work out why it wasn't doing it's thing.

Then I moused over the fluiduct.

A tiny bit of sewage was backing up the whole system.

Not even a bucket worth, holding up my entire farm.

Grrrr

Reactions: Narc

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I had problems the other way round - XP orbs from breeding. Ender IO's conduits don't have a liquid filter, so I had to work around this with a one block long fluiduct.

Reactions: Narc

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
That's one of the downsides of throwing everything in as few chunks as possible :p

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
My automated mob essence system stopped working. Everything seemed to be doing its thing, but the mob essence didn't seem to be getting from the sewer to the tank. I checked everything and couldn't work out why it wasn't doing it's thing.

Then I moused over the fluiduct.

A tiny bit of sewage was backing up the whole system.

Not even a bucket worth, holding up my entire farm.

Grrrr

Kinda like real life, just one trap's worth of sludge ...

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I threw a TiCo flint tool in lava since I didn't need it anymore. Turned out that TiCo tools never despawn and never get destroyed by lava. The tool was just hopping around on top of the lava until it got to the border of the lava lake. I digged down to go after the tool...and fell in lava.
Well, good that my newly made tools survived this as well.

At least the trashcan works to get rid of the tools.

pilgrim143

Jul 29, 2019
It's even worse when you drop half a stack of a very expensive item in a cauldron: the name starts with "I" and needs a nether star to make. :(

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: pizzawolf14

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Accidently through a blood orb into an autonomous activator my lives disappeared quite quickly
Sent from my SCH-I930 using Tapatalk

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Going into rotarycraft without knowing what the heck im doing. Gas turbines and animal farms do not mix well, I turned them all on at the same time, suddenly about 120 cows get funneled into turbines causing a massive damage to all turbines, then a catastrophic explosion. Oh rotarycraft I am enjoying you so much actually and I just about threw up from laughing so hard. Time to start a new world as this one is just.... ravaged. Gotta admit, it scared the crap outta me but I am having so much fun with it haha! better read up on these things first :p

Plobnob

Jul 29, 2019
Had OpenBlocks on to spawn gravestones. Got enraged by a wither that kept killing me when I tried to get my stuff.
Went into creative to get my stuff back. Flew in and punched out my gravestone...

Turns out gravestones don't drop your stuff if you break them in creative... That world get deleted pretty soon afterwards... :D

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
1. Be me.
2. Be putting together the 5th Tier of my Blood Altar.
3. Decide to make beacon bases from aluminium because it's aesthetically in keeping with the overall structure.
4. Find that beacons wont activate
5. Spend 20 minutes trying to feed items into the beacons to activate them (yes, I really have no idea how these vanilla items actually work)
6. Realise that I accidentally made mariculture aluminium blocks, which can't be used for beacon bases, rather than TiCo ones which can.
7. Cue sound of head hitting desk.

Reactions: Padfoote

The Skeptical Tech

Jul 29, 2019
Had OpenBlocks on to spawn gravestones. Got enraged by a wither that kept killing me when I tried to get my stuff.
Went into creative to get my stuff back. Flew in and punched out my gravestone...

Turns out gravestones don't drop your stuff if you break them in creative... That world get deleted pretty soon afterwards... :D

I've done pretty much exactly that.