I Derp, You Derp, We all Derp, What's your's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Another one RotaryCraft-related. I know why that happened, but I'm pissed off since it's bullshit.
I just put down a performance engine in Nether.
Seriously? It wasn't running or stuff. I just. Put. It. Down to assemble a setup with water and hookers.

triblades

Jul 29, 2019
Made a computercraft program to turn on/off my 'small' BigReactor based on the energy content of my leadstone energy cell. It checks every 1.5 seconds.

Below 350.000RF = on
Above 350.000RF = off

The script worked as I wrote it.
349.999 = on
350.001 = off
349.999 = on
350.001 = off
... etc ... Every 1.5 seconds...

Uhh, if I did that with my light switch at home, even my LED light would burn out ^^;

(Fix is a variable sleep of 30 seconds after I turned it on and back to 1.5 when it's off)

Reactions: Eruantien

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Or you can use a hysteresis control: Turn on when below 350k, turn off when above 380k.

This is what I did with my power setup. As the power level drops in my REC, more and more power generation is turned on. As the power demand lessens, and the REC reaches nearly full, all the generation is turned off.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
This is what I did with my power setup. As the power level drops in my REC, more and more power generation is turned on. As the power demand lessens, and the REC reaches nearly full, all the generation is turned off.

When your generators begin to turn on, do you feel an overwhelming need to shout "COLIN AWAKENS!"?

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I hatched a Mini Me.
Yeah. Worst idea yet.

I shall, when I'm ready for 1.7, have a golem named "Colin" that controls the on/off switch of my ME system. The results shall be horrendous...
It is not wise to deny the truth of Colin.

He controls the things that make the things.
That sounds like a Direwolf...