I Derp, You Derp, We all Derp, What's your's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a bit afraid now. I have MeteorCraft installed and there were already 4 meteors within like 40 meters of my base. I think I'll have to get to defensive measures soon.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Do they only spawn where I am or can they fall in chunk loaded areas too?
That depends on the density of the lunar tides, and some photonic gobbledigook.

... actually, I think the "event" only happens when a player is around to view it. You know, like quantum mechanics - it doesn't happen unless it is / can be observed.

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019
That depends on the density of the lunar tides, and some photonic gobbledigook.

... actually, I think the "event" only happens when a player is around to view it. You know, like quantum mechanics - it doesn't happen unless it is / can be observed.
OK. That's enough. Don't go in too deep.

Reactions: Eruantien

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Went to bed 4 hours later then normal so I could have my sieving/smelting system fully automated.

Woke up expecting a lot of resources

Realize I forgot to chunk load the base.....

Reactions: netmc

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
For me it's hard to define the line between derp and a successful attempt into discovering my idiocy.

And one day this backfired.
Pop quiz. You're just sitting in your house, generally messing about when suddenly mobs come flooding in and it turns out that you left your soul shard mob spawner on and they managed to get out somehow because that one skeleton shot the creeper and everything blew up. You have only a couple of minutes to fight your way to the switch, turn it off, and repair the whole thing before you lose all your fabled mob drops.

Did I mention the fact that an enderman escaped and screwed around with the reactor's coolant?

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Building a huge sludge boiler system right under my animal farm and not knowing what TNT generators do

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Building a huge sludge boiler system right under my animal farm and not knowing what TNT generators do
I once actually used a TNT generator to power my grinder on top of a spawn tower in AgS. The explosions were hearable from far away :confused: But a sound muffler helped.

Peterpannn

Jul 29, 2019
This is by no means a big one, but every single time I craft an mfr upgrade, I always forget to count the initial 3x3. So when I see range upgrade 7, I think 15x15, not 17x17. I have done this at least 50 times.

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
Playing with the EpicCraft modpack, where gas comes out of coal ores. When you combine that with VeinMiner, an absolute ton of gases come out. This is what happened when I learned that gas was explosive.
2014-08-21_11.34.16.png

ThaumaturgeCameron

Jul 29, 2019
I tried to get the basics of IC2 and suddenly built a hell of a mess, which exploded then and destroyed every single Block from my base. After this little "event" i started with Thaumcraft.:rolleyes:

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I went into the nether to kill some blazes with an orange crystal pendant. It lit me on fire as soon as I teleported :(
Is there any way to get the positive crystal buffs in the nether?

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I went into the nether to kill some blazes with an orange crystal pendant. It lit me on fire as soon as I teleported :(
Is there any way to get the positive crystal buffs in the nether?

Nope. All the crystal buffs are reversed in the nether. You could use the vanilla fire resistance potion.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. All the crystal buffs are reversed in the nether. You could use the vanilla fire resistance potion.
Even if I brew the crystal potions?
And btw what is the difference between normal and enhanced pendants?