I Derp, You Derp, We all Derp, What's your's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Protocurity

Jul 29, 2019
I lost a few legions of thaumcraft golems before I discovered that Ars Magica 2 Dark Mages will kill them on sight...

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Flying around admiring my(frankly magnificent) base tower, nice and high to get a good view... Was spectacular until MPS ran out of juice, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee splat:(

Reactions: Gato70

MonkeyB

Jul 29, 2019
I built a power plant.

It was a very nice power plant.

It was nuclear, to make the hippies happy.

However, I hate hippies, so to start it up I had a coal power plant next to it. The coal power plant powered the water pump and the ice compressor.

I started the coal power plant, and once I had a good amount of ice, I turned on the main reactor.

It ran pretty well for a few minutes.

However, I forgot to wire the reactor back into the coal power plant.

The coal power plant, as I mentioned, was a starter plant.

There is no point in putting a lot of coal into a starter plant. It should be nuclear, after all.

When the coal ran out, the pump and ice machine stopped working.

So it overheated and exploded.

Oops.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I put my mana bean farm a bit close to my my infernal furnace.

Cooked up some charcoal in the oven from hell.

Went to check on my mana bean collection.... Where did my Gather golem go?
Looked all over, checked for him being glitched, I know their pathing is kinda crap.

Bastard was in the nether..... ran to pick up some charcoal that hadn't been picked up by the hungry chest fast enough and pathed back through the portal...

Hello warded blocks... no more wandering golem.....

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
First day the first time I tried Blood n Bones (aka yesterday):

I spend the entire day punching wood and gathering food off the ground, since I knew beforehand that animals attack back. As night fell, I dig a hole and block it up, leaving me to make my Tinkers Construct pick in complete darkness. After I finish, Waila tells me there's some coal in my hole. I mine it, get hurt a bit by the gas, but I didn't know it was gas because I couldn't see it. I place down a torch, then mine another piece of coal.

"Salamileg9 blew up"

Reactions: moded guy 123

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
My turn to derp.

For abuse testing, I wrote a mystcraft age with dirt ground and stone tendrils (have to have some terrain alteration), and diamond obelisks. I even wrote an eternal day world for safety.

Arrived, and it was dark. Standard safe linking practices, fought one zombie, got out, re-read what I wrote.

Yep. Nadir phase, not zenith phase.

Second time: Got it right. Arrived, safe and sound, walked around, found an obelisk on top of a stone tendril. Nice and easy to mine, right?

Second time I put a dirt layer underneath the diamonds so I would not fall again. Right. At least on the second fall I had one heart left. And I brought steak with me, so good.

Third time I made sure that there were no holes in the dirt layer :).

===

Later, same world, I found one at the edge of a roofed forest. How bad can those be?

Well, you have to pay attention. At one point, I had to go AFK. No problem -- I had already discovered how far I had to be from the forest for zombies/skeletons to burn to death in the sun.

... Came back to rain on my dead body.

Mysticmage11

Jul 29, 2019
Decided to make a bee room in my base, with lots of really endgame bees and stuff.

*week later *

Hmm, lets make my witchery altar in my bee room to save space.

*week later *

Eh, there's space for the altar in my witchery room. Lets start by moving the dragon egg over.

THAT ONE BEE. THAT STUPID BEE THAT YOU DONT WANT TO DROP A DRAGON EGG NEAR.

Woops.

Reactions: PierceSG and Cptqrk

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I was playing crash landing and needed to drink some water so I right clicked my cold water bottle drank it and started talking to someone leaving my mouse clicked, I started taking water from the source block and dehydrated I had gotten pretty far in that world

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
I was playing crash landing and needed to drink some water so I right clicked my cold water bottle drank it and started talking to someone leaving my mouse clicked, I started taking water from the source block and dehydrated I had gotten pretty far in that world
you didn't get to a sync shell yet?

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
Went to all the trouble of killing a wither boss and building machines required to make a PortaSpawner, got excited when it was finally done because I had a lot of spawners I wanted to transfer....just to find out that it's a FRICKIN' ONE-USE TOOL! I'll go back to Openblocks and the Block Teleporters, thanks!
And I died twice and lost some good equipment when killing that wither too, because it ended up escaping from my obsidian wither-containing room -.-

moded guy 123

Jul 29, 2019
Decided to make a bee room in my base, with lots of really endgame bees and stuff.

*week later *

Hmm, lets make my witchery altar in my bee room to save space.

*week later *

Eh, there's space for the altar in my witchery room. Lets start by moving the dragon egg over.

THAT ONE BEE. THAT STUPID BEE THAT YOU DONT WANT TO DROP A DRAGON EGG NEAR.

Woops.
What bee is that?[DOUBLEPOST=1410146765][/DOUBLEPOST]
Went to all the trouble of killing a wither boss and building machines required to make a PortaSpawner, got excited when it was finally done because I had a lot of spawners I wanted to transfer....just to find out that it's a FRICKIN' ONE-USE TOOL! I'll go back to Openblocks and the Block Teleporters, thanks!
And I died twice and lost some good equipment when killing that wither too, because it ended up escaping from my obsidian wither-containing room -.-
If you use a piston you can just suffocate the wither

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
If you use a piston you can just suffocate the wither

Yeah normally it's easy to kill a wither in a 3x3x3 room of obsidian (they just sit there and can't even wither you while you melee them to death) and it's always worked when I've built them underground. This time around I didn't feel like digging and built it on the surface....with the space above it, the damn thing just floated up through the roof and it went bad.

moded guy 123

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah normally it's easy to kill a wither in a 3x3x3 room of obsidian (they just sit there and can't even wither you while you melee them to death) and it's always worked when I've built them underground. This time around I didn't feel like digging and built it on the surface....with the space above it, the damn thing just floated up through the roof and it went bad.
Just remove walls and make the ceiling a 2 thick 5x5 square then it can't Se u so it doesn't shoot it can't move and it takes damage so it auto kills withers assuming it's pushed up with the piston before it blows

Noobbuster10

Jul 29, 2019
I remember mine.....
I was building a nuclear power plant,All fine with that giving me a good amount of EU (IC2 btw)

I connect my wires and then...
I forgot my transformer....And ALL my hard-earned machines....Died.

End.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I remember mine.....
I was building a nuclear power plant,All fine with that giving me a good amount of EU (IC2 btw)

I connect my wires and then...
I forgot my transformer....And ALL my hard-earned machines....Died.

End.
Yea that got me a pretty large hole in my base once in the past
Well, didn't need to dig a basement

AlwaysGoofingOff

Jul 29, 2019
Rebuilding my entire mob farm 3 times and checking settings all to realize 6 hours later that I had a forgotten Magnum Torch just barely within range...