I Derp, You Derp, We all Derp, What's your's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I spent hours making a full set of tartarite armor, farming mobs and get the right enchantments for the armour and sword. I enter The End and realize I forgot the bow....

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
My derp is just a stupid derp...
I butt rushed the twilight forest, as I had diamonds, but next to no iron. I set a way point at the portal (as I spawned on top of that forest biome that gives blindness) and set a waypoint in the first ore hill I found.
I get killed while in that mine, and forgetting that Blood Magic spawns you with less health (dunno if that fix has been released or not) I TP straight back the the waypoint (I dont like walking 200 blocks with blindness :p) and get killed by the exact same mob that killed me before
now it just gives a debuf that prevents use of the self sacrifice methods (or you just don't get LP from them)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I know about that feature. But I meant, I didn't know if WoT released that version to the public yet :p

lazaruz76

Jul 29, 2019
This is one I did a while back in 1.4.7. A buddy of mine was running a server on his home machine and i built a mob farm using soul shards. Used a thaumcraft wisp spawner as a starting point. Built a large box around it then added some soul shard spawners controlled by levers on a side wall. for the killing part i used about 45 portalgun sentry turrets. It was awsome to watch the mob get executed but server tps went to crap thanks to the overkill on the turrets. was funny watching the wisp try to get away form them tho.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
This is one I did a while back in 1.4.7. A buddy of mine was running a server on his home machine and i built a mob farm using soul shards. Used a thaumcraft wisp spawner as a starting point. Built a large box around it then added some soul shard spawners controlled by levers on a side wall. for the killing part i used about 45 portalgun sentry turrets. It was awsome to watch the mob get executed but server tps went to crap thanks to the overkill on the turrets. was funny watching the wisp try to get away form them tho.
idea-stolen-100220281.jpg

IDEA STOLEN!

Looks like I have a new lag-fest for other players to enjoy :3

Reactions: lazaruz76

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
So I built a cursed earth spawner and used an autonomous activator with a tinkers construct sword in it to kill the monsters that get sucked towards it-XP falls on a drain, and items get sucked up by a transition plane. But the sword beats up on me while I am tweaking the spawner so I take it out and forget how important it is. Turn spawner back on, autonomous activator punches creepers, and blows up my stuff and cursed earth. 3 times I did this, went from having two stacks of cursed earth to having 13.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
So I built a cursed earth spawner and used an autonomous activator with a tinkers construct sword in it to kill the monsters that get sucked towards it-XP falls on a drain, and items get sucked up by a transition plane. But the sword beats up on me while I am tweaking the spawner so I take it out and forget how important it is. Turn spawner back on, autonomous activator punches creepers, and blows up my stuff and cursed earth. 3 times I did this, went from having two stacks of cursed earth to having 13.
Good job it spreads then :p

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I just found out that a charged nitro creeper explodes almost instantly, and can kill you from quite a distance away even with full armor.

Note to self: do not use lighting against nitro creepers.

The bad thing with all of this it that it will require flight (or a whole lot of noob pillars and cobble) to make it back to the nether fortress. :(

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
I just found out that a charged nitro creeper explodes almost instantly, and can kill you from quite a distance away even with full armor.

Note to self: do not use lighting against nitro creepers.

The bad thing with all of this it that it will require flight (or a whole lot of noob pillars and cobble) to make it back to the nether fortress. :(
yup, lighting would be a pretty bad weapon. :p

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
The options for lighting aren't very good in Minecraft as we all know :D
Why don't mobs catch fire when you attack them with a torch?

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Updated a server to my new pack version...... Forgot that all the configs were changed so all the new item ids basically screwed the server

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Updated a server to my new pack version...... Forgot that all the configs were changed so all the new item ids basically screwed the server

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2
I once forgot to reenable BoP after an update.

That was unfortunate but amusing. Every floor in my friend's base disappeared abruptly, as did most of the local forests.

Sent from my Toaster using Tapatalk

Reactions: pc_assassin

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I once forgot to reenable BoP after an update.

That was unfortunate but amusing. Every floor in my friend's base disappeared abruptly, as did most of the local forests.

Sent from my Toaster using Tapatalk
I'm surprised that didn't corrupt all the chunks