I Derp, You Derp, We all Derp, What's your's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
I thought I had a fire extinguisher because of that one time I tried to boil water and somehow the stove was on fire...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
... And this is why I don't get attached to specific worlds :D

Sometimes I figure a different/better way to do something and start over (without deleting the old world) so I don't lose that train of thought. I've had deletion sessions where I get rid of 50+ older worlds...

N

NerpyDerpston

Accidentally Hid my NEI without knowing what I did. Thought I would have to delete my world...

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Welp, this just happened. I've been playing with ChromatiCraft lately, and I just hooked up the Ruzova pylon to my ritual altar. Since a lot of cool abilities require Ruzova, I took the opportunity to infuse myself with a few. I also took off my armour so make the "cutscene" a bit more natural-looking. Now, keep in mind the following:

1) My ChromatiCraft setup is in the sky because it seems fitting.
2) My armour includes a Thaumostatic Harness and Feather Falling IV boots.
3) I'm in the habit of just jumping off the altar instead of taking the stairs.

Needless to say, I forgot that I had taken off my armour and plummeted 30 blocks to my death, thereby losing all of the abilities I had just given myself.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Did you at least unlock Painful Loss? That'll help if you plan on dieing more later and don't want to start back at square one.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
I had gotten it a long time ago and I have unlocked the ability it gives; unfortunately, it requires Tahara and Zambarau, neither of which I have connected yet. (Doesn't help that the nearest Tahara pylon is some 900 blocks away...)

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Whelp, it's been a few years since I've played IC2, so I've forgotten a few things. And also forgot to put in a transformer when upgrading my Batbox to an MFE. But hey, now I can go in and re-cable the line, use some CF Spray to reinforce it, and while I'm at it, use CF to make a nicer looking foundation for my machines, and filling in the holes resulting from the chain explosions. I did remember that you can use scaffolds to shape it, which helped significantly.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I'd already known that RotaryCraft Jet Fuel is explosive.

Today I found out that RotaryCraft Canola Oil is, as well.
And this is why I always get a little bit into ChromatiCraft before doing RoC. Those heat lamps are life-savers in more ways than one.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Not me, but my friend thinks he can smelt raspberries in the same way you smelt bread into toast. I think he's still not buying it.

(Sorry for the coarse language below, someone really wants to smelt some raspberries)

Attachments

• dungoofedp1.png
    dungoofedp1.png
    58.7 KB · Views: 45
  • dungoofedp2.png
    dungoofedp2.png
    58 KB · Views: 59
  • dungoofedp3.png
    dungoofedp3.png
    47.2 KB · Views: 52

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm building an fl/ae chunk eater. 256 channels needed, in sets of 8. In the center is the backbone of dense cable, 4 sets to a group, total of 8 groups. Now, you would think that only 8 p2p tunnels are needed on this side (16 total), and you'd be right. But somehow it got in my head that I needed 32 tunnels on the output, one for each piece of dense cable, instead of one for every 4.

Yep, I thought I needed to use two sides of a controller just for the p2p tunnels. And of course, thinking I needed that many tunnels I had the standard 3x3x3 controller, with half of its faces covered by a p2p tunnel. Thankfully, this was all design/testing in creative, so no wasted resources, but still...You'd think that needing that many controller faces would have clued me in sooner.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
So, I've got a good one:

Despite reading about the hard crash of putting a combination of end stone and ender lilly into an IE cloche in 1.10 (fixed in the latest Beta release of Beyond), I was thrown when I saw on the changelog that it said "Fixed the Cloche exploding when planting Ender Lilies." so I thought "hmm, maybe I was wrong about the crash, I'll just try and put it in..."

...without backing up my world.

Big bad crash, and couldn't load it up again. The only plus side is that I eventually managed to fix it, as per my entry on the "What Cool thing" thread...

EDIT: Bonus Derp!

I had a "Sudden Clarity Clarence" moment just now, when I was pondering about making decent amounts of mana for Botania, and JUST realised that I've had wheat, sugarcane, cows and chickens doing their thing for ages. Damn.

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
After working on the same world for over a year I regularly find situations where I forget where things are/how they are done. Been looking for my TiCo smeltery for a few days now. I think I might have packed it into a Modular storage or did I build it somewhere? Where is it....

Kel_Co

Jul 29, 2019
A while back I was on a expert world, and had just gotten an awakened ichor pick. Was really excited to get to the bedrock dimension and one block at a time was taking to long to dig down. Switched it to the long line mining mode and continued.

Reactions: TheMagikarpGuy