I Derp, You Derp, We all Derp, What's your's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
V

Viperion

IIRC it doubles the range (as rhn said) from 14 blocks to 28. There is another item which does something similar but I can't remember which one - look up "Mischief of Mice Witchery" on YouTube, it's an excellent tutorial series :)

Reactions: PrometheusUnbound
P

PrometheusUnbound

IIRC it doubles the range (as rhn said) from 14 blocks to 28. There is another item which does something similar but I can't remember which one - look up "Mischief of Mice Witchery" on YouTube, it's an excellent tutorial series :)
Thank you! I had no idea what the range was to start with. I will give that Yotutube series a look. :)

davecats

Jul 29, 2019
I was in Infinity Skyblock using NEI to find the recipes for various seeds to make the Harvestcraft Presser when I randomly began taking damage. I close my inventory to find my wooden slab island either gone or erupting into fiery inferno.... Turns out one of my trees had grown into a giant oak and burst into cobble-generator induced flames moral of the story: use stone slabs when available

Sent from a slightly rusty phone of brickkish nature somewhere in Neptune nine years ago. Or something.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I just spend the day digging, building and decorating tunnels for my electric train network(Railcraft), and only when I tried sending a train through it did I remember that linked carts/locos cannot go up/down elevator tracks...

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I don't know if this counts as a derp, but it felt like it: I've been setting up some basic actually additions stuff, a little bit of automation, no probs. Hadn't delved into the AA power transport system as I wanted to wait until I'd got my permanent base set up. I'd also been using a little bit of ExUtils2 for the transfer nodes. So far, so good. To power my machines, canola presses and AA farmer, I'd given each one its own coal generator... so I had to keep running around adding more fuel to each. Finally started to look at EXU2 again, set up some solar panels and water mills, and then spotted something.

The wireless RF battery & transmitters.

All I'd had to do was stick the battery on my oil generator, and put transmitters where I needed them. Nothing I was doing needed more than 80 RF/t. Oh, the facepalming was strong.

M

Muaht

I've been playing modded MC for about three years, with countless pack including Journeymap. I have often spent DAYS setting up transportation hubs in Mystcraft ages to get from A to B etc. Just worked out Journeymap has a waypoint teleportation system.

This, in my version of the grand scheme of things is a capitalised DERP.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
So a while back I bred up some draconic bees. They are cold/normal native so I needed to put a dryer and cooler upgrade in my industrial apiary to make them produce draconic dust (because ocean biome XD)

I just looked in my inventory and they've not been producing anything.

So I go and look in the apiary and see this:
apiary.png

Which f'n idiot did that?

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I think the fact that he was running around fueling things instead of generating power locally and transmitting it wirelessly.

I think :)
Yep :) @keybounce I was spending time dashing about topping up a bunch of separate generators. The wireless solution, while not ideal for anything that needs a lot of RF, was perfect for my needs, and I could have saved myself a lot of time if I'd realised earlier!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So a while back I bred up some draconic bees. They are cold/normal native so I needed to put a dryer and cooler upgrade in my industrial apiary to make them produce draconic dust (because ocean biome XD)

I just looked in my inventory and they've not been producing anything.

So I go and look in the apiary and see this:
View attachment 31972

Which f'n idiot did that?
I cant tell at a glance which upgrades you used :\
I see a dehumidifier. Good. And...a heater in bottom right maybe? (Not good?)

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, dehumidifier and heater. For cold/normal bees that's...bout the opposite of what they need, especially in terms of heat.

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing modded MC for about three years, with countless pack including Journeymap. I have often spent DAYS setting up transportation hubs in Mystcraft ages to get from A to B etc. Just worked out Journeymap has a waypoint teleportation system.

This, in my version of the grand scheme of things is a capitalised DERP.

I disable that ability of JourneyMap unless I am doing some sort of creative test, I feel that you should need to use some resources and setup an infrastructure to be able to teleport...

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: rhn

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
Well.. I was building my new wand recharge room, the old one was basically just squuezed in between a few trees because there was space. Now a little background first.. I am one of those people that have this odd compulsion that when I make my recharge room i want the nodes to be of a single type. So one node with only ignis, one with only aqua... etc. So it has taken me a LONG time to find good noes like that and nurse them into decent nodes (all are 180 or so.) In my running around I came across a hungry node.. I rarely see them and thought, wait it would be cool to use this node. As you delve into the void research it is clear you are going insane so it would be snazzy to have a underground part devoted to that with a large room containing the node at its core to symbolize the void! So some warded glass and silverwood later... ok lots of warded glass and silverwood later as I died a few times doing it I got my hungry node too.

Now I am happily building, trying to figure out how i want the nodes in the recharge room. So I figure, lets get a blood magic teleposer under one of them so I can move it around to where it looks best. So the room now has the recharge pedistal, the nodes in their jars and one of them gets broken so I can see how large the aura is.

After a puzzled second with me going "why does this node have so many different kinds of ess.. oh shit"

Yeah, I accidentally used the bottled hungry jar instead of the one i was thinking off. One would think I would notice but I guess I was to tired to really pay much attention. On the plus side, it is now a very large and nice hungry node :)

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Well.. I was building my new wand recharge room, the old one was basically just squuezed in between a few trees because there was space. Now a little background first.. I am one of those people that have this odd compulsion that when I make my recharge room i want the nodes to be of a single type. So one node with only ignis, one with only aqua... etc. So it has taken me a LONG time to find good noes like that and nurse them into decent nodes (all are 180 or so.) In my running around I came across a hungry node.. I rarely see them and thought, wait it would be cool to use this node. As you delve into the void research it is clear you are going insane so it would be snazzy to have a underground part devoted to that with a large room containing the node at its core to symbolize the void! So some warded glass and silverwood later... ok lots of warded glass and silverwood later as I died a few times doing it I got my hungry node too.

Now I am happily building, trying to figure out how i want the nodes in the recharge room. So I figure, lets get a blood magic teleposer under one of them so I can move it around to where it looks best. So the room now has the recharge pedistal, the nodes in their jars and one of them gets broken so I can see how large the aura is.

After a puzzled second with me going "why does this node have so many different kinds of ess.. oh shit"

Yeah, I accidentally used the bottled hungry jar instead of the one i was thinking off. One would think I would notice but I guess I was to tired to really pay much attention. On the plus side, it is now a very large and nice hungry node :)

How much of your base did it eat before you managed to rejar it?

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
Thankfully my different parts are about 50 blocks apart, but all my thaumcraft house is gone. Including large part of the lovely lake that was between my witchery hut and the thaumcraft base. Funnily enough it ate silverwood i had stored so had to chop down some more before i could rejar it. I learned my lesson when i blew my GT reactor to spread things out :)