I Derp, You Derp, We all Derp, What's your's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

TheMagikarpGuy

Jul 29, 2019
Set a bunch of IE water mills down, and connect them all with lv wire to an hardened cell. Proceed then to stare at your 10 lasers wondering why they don't work. Then, rebember that 450 RF/t > 256 RF/t.

Take a bit of time to make an Advanced Nanochestplate (yeah, I NEED to make a jetpack pretty early, cannot stand being without flight), make everything you need for Longfall Boots, forget that in a chest. Once you have made the chestplate, power it, and to feel the joy of flight, takeoff. Then deactivate the engine in midair. Splat.
(BTW, what's up with the AdvNanoChest controls? I try pressing them, but most of the time, they don't work. Tried make them not conflicting with anything else, but no luck... I hope there is some workaround, or I might have thrown a good hour of crafting and another half of mining down the drain...).

Last edited:
M

MikW

Classic Minecraft derp, I fell into a huge and deep lava pool during a mining session. I'm lucky there's the Gravestones mod which saves your stuff, but I ended up spending a daunting hour to drain all the lava from that 7-block deep lava pool.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Classic Minecraft derp, I fell into a huge and deep lava pool during a mining session. I'm lucky there's the Gravestones mod which saves your stuff, but I ended up spending a daunting hour to drain all the lava from that 7-block deep lava pool.
Damn! Did you have immersive engineering? That's got a fairly inexpensive RF-powered pump that will pump out the lava into a tank and replace it with cobblestone! :) I discovered this recently.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
You could surround your grave with gravel (or whatever falling blocks you have handy) and just scoop out the lava above your grave

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Today, as for the last 2 weeks, I've been driving myself up the wall trying to make some custom ore veins using CoFH worldgen.

Keep getting error logs in the console, and the ore does not generate.
Change things
Follow other working examples
Copy/pate examples
follow Cofh docs again. Scrutanise every brace, colon, and comma
Change things
Repeat every evening for two weeks.

Today I realised I was following the 1.7.10 guide, not the 1.10.2 guide.

Reactions: MrMonsterGuy18

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I set up a sawmill to cut up melons into slices for use in my squeezing power, then put a hopper on the bottom to output the slices onto a conveyor belt, and wondered why it couldn't output fast enough. D'oh!

I had forgotten that it has a built-in product ejection, that keeps up just fine.

A

AtlantisRising

Two I've done recently and one from singleplayer; first, accidentally dumped approximately 38,000 stacks of wheat into a chunkloaded section of world overnight, courtesy of marking a filter as blacklist instead of whitelist. Not sure why they didn't just despawn (or if the conveyor belt they were stuck to was actually preventing them from doing so), but the end result was tanking a 200+FPS computer to under 2. That was easy enough to fix once I was able to walk (slowly) to the affected area - jump into Creative mode and all the extra stacks that don't go in your inventory just get nuked outright.

The other... Well, a 512x512 256-tall RFTools Builder quarry in the Nether seemed like a good idea. And then it found a single block of source lava in the ceiling. Which, because I wasn't running the quarry that fast (low power), flowed over the top of the chunk it was in the middle of digging out. Then, it flowed over the next when the builder got to that one. And then the next. Then came the warnings about running between 10,000ms and 30,000ms behind cause a friend got close and it started trying to update the flowing lava again... Fixed it by cheating in an infinite supply of cobble and having the builder turn the entire mined area into cobblestone, then ran it as a pump to clear all the source blocks, and finally re-ran the quarry to dig out all the cobble again. Lesson learned, run pump first, then quarry, so all the source blocks are removed. Single most destructive source-block of lava I've ever seen myself :)

And finally, a lesson in checking everything twice. Make sure you have the offset's right in your RFTools Builder quarry cards, especially if you're hand-typing the values. I know that sounds obvious, but it wasn't for me at the time. I had been working on Refined Storage autocrafting setups in my base's machine room for about an hour, and suddenly lost power. Go up and look, machine has quarried the entirety of that side of the base, including the ExtremeReactors reactor and the backup solar array. Good news, quarry was saving all the blocks. Bad news, they were in the Refined Storage drives, which were now without power. I'm just glad it was single; I've already caused enough problems on the server I run for my friends...

Of course, they're probably used to it now. There's a list of reasons they called me TrainWreck long before these :)

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, removing heart canisters and trying to use AM2 magic to heal yourself is a bad idea. I am, apparently, in a state of half-life...I seemingly died, but lost no XP and did not actually respawn. I'm just kind of leaning to one side, having a fit. A natural reaction to being stuck flitting between life and death, I suppose...

Reactions: Lethosos

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I didn't realise that the Mariculture Vat effectively has 2 internal tanks, and you can't fill it so full of water that there isn't room for another fluid; so I could have kept it completely full of water (it being pumped in), and just pumped molten limestone into it to produce magnesium as I needed, instead of manually adding water and wasting a BUNCH of time and tin fluid canisters (or whatever the forestry ones are called). Derp indeed...

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I didn't realise that the Mariculture Vat effectively has 2 internal tanks, and you can't fill it so full of water that there isn't room for another fluid; so I could have kept it completely full of water (it being pumped in), and just pumped molten limestone into it to produce magnesium as I needed, instead of manually adding water and wasting a BUNCH of time and tin fluid canisters (or whatever the forestry ones are called). Derp indeed...
I'm just extremely impressed someone is using mariculture. What pack are you playing?

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I'm just extremely impressed someone is using mariculture. What pack are you playing?
Regrowth (yes, I'm somewhat behind the times, I know) - I've always wanted to play it, but my potato of a laptop couldn't deal. I got a second hand one that was better a little while ago, and my friend (who was running Regrowth on his server) said that even though he was quite some way through, they hadn't planned on changing any time soon as they still had plenty to do, so I hopped on and have been having a blast to be honest. If I can get an AE2 system set up and automation done in the way I've got planned, I'll feel really accomplished I think (I never finish projects; this would be a first). And despite this being a derp (because I didn't know it was a thing), now I DO know that I can do it that's another step that can potentially be automated.

Reactions: Pyure

APEX_gaming

Jul 23, 2017
I broke a drawer with over 10k blocks of coal in it. Thankfully I could close my game and it didn't save after I broke it

Tat45

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm rebuilding my docker containers for my three minecraft servers after a crash wiped them out. Luckily, I had all the server data intact in named volumes. Someone was complaining about lag, so I thought I might clear out all of the old data from other expired containers and dangling volumes I had lying around.

With one command I managed to delete three Minecraft worlds.

Pro-tip: "docker system prune" and "docker volume prune" are two very, very different commands!!

V

Vulpes

Messed up in world edit. Deleted the save instead of opening it cause i have the attention span of a drunk cat. The city I was doing for map creation has gone from 5 blocks from top of wall to a massive hole going to Diamond level. I also deleted instead of replicating my ozone profile on twitch loader.

Reactions: JaRyCu

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Messed up in world edit. Deleted the save instead of opening it cause i have the attention span of a drunk cat. The city I was doing for map creation has gone from 5 blocks from top of wall to a massive hole going to Diamond level. I also deleted instead of replicating my ozone profile on twitch loader.
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang. :(

I had to deconstruct my Mekanism induction matrix, and when I rebuilt it I couldn't get any power out of it. I ended up bypassing it completely. I was like "is this broken? Can you only build it once?".

Nope. Apparently the ports can be set to input or output, and they default to input. Derp.

Thankfully, my google-fu this morning was strong, and I found the answer before I posted in the "Ask A Simple Question"...

Reactions: triggerfinger12

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, loading what was probably 100 billion EMC worth of material into Equivalent Energistics might have been a poor decision. My AE network keeps losing all its power every few minutes to dump more EMC into the cells, lol.

Reactions: Lethosos

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I've had to restart the Pyramid map over 7 times now because I'm a freaking idiot and can't make a cobblestone generator in skyblock if my life depended on it......

Help?

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
I've had to restart the Pyramid map over 7 times now because I'm a freaking idiot and can't make a cobblestone generator in skyblock if my life depended on it......

Help?

--XXXX
XWHCLX
--XXXX

X is any non-flammable material, W is water, H is a hole at least one block deeper than the water and lava that could lead to the void for all that matters, C is where the cobble that you mine will be, and L is where the lava goes. You can remove the block next to the mineable cobble piece to stand and grab the cobble more easier.

Wouldn't bother with that setup for longer than is required to get a furnace. Once you hit that point use the resgen to make cobble.

My derp is related to the cobble gen. I eventually got rid of the cobble gen as I didn't need it and it was in my way. Didn't seal up the hole to the void from the cobble gen, figured it was elevated and there was no way I would accidentally fall into it and I tend to be lazy on certain things. So I fell into it later while I was in a rush. Decent amount of stuff on me but thankfully nothing extremely terrible to lose.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

Help?
fwiw you dont really need to make a classical skyblock cobblegen. You can just mine the cobble in your mini-island to make a furnace, and then the resource generator thingy. The rest of what you need is in the nether, and the portal to which is beneath your feet.