I Derp, You Derp, We all Derp, What's your's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, running full speed, right click door, door opens just as chest/barrel is placed right in front of it.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I put Biomes o' Plenty I'm my ModPack
*Yes I know it is messing up the world generation. No, there is nothing I can do about it without a world reset*

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
There's a term for that you know. It's called "taunting Murphy". :p
Yes, Murphy, the avenging god of all things engineering. Even mention his name in a project, and you will need to build a lightning rod for being struck down, and a complex system of supports to avoid earthquakes, and a concrete bunker to survive hurricanes, and a radiation suit to protect yourself from the inevitable radiation... XD

GreekAnalyzer

Jul 29, 2019
Spent a good ten minutes troubleshooting a tree farm to figure out that the item conduit at the end chest for the drops was set to extract instead of insert. :p

Reactions: Type1Ninja

natirs

Oct 12, 2013
israel
in one of my older maps of ftb back in ultimate pack days i had an awesome underground base. plugged a lapotronic energy storage [if im correct thats the one that each block you place enlarges the amount somewhat like bank capacitors.] to an ultimate solar panel with no voltage adjustment.. yep. world corrupted forever

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Making 10 resonant pulverizers and 10 resonant furnaces dedicated just to convert to dust then smelt. Then when I was setting up the exports I put all ores in derp derp derp instead of dust into the furnace exports blah lol

Reactions: GreekAnalyzer

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Having set up your first sorting system and automatic ore handling system you end up having no ores available to use setting filters for further automation. So you need to go out and mine manually again in order to get samples of every type of ore.
This time you decide to keep a chest somewhere with several of each type of ore just in case you need them again some time.
Weeks/months later that damn chests is in the way and you dump the contents into the sorting system, and surprise! Shortly after you need the ore again to filter some automation somewhere...
Repeat the cycle XX times...

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Having set up your first sorting system and automatic ore handling system you end up having no ores available to use setting filters for further automation. So you need to go out and mine manually again in order to get samples of every type of ore.
This time you decide to keep a chest somewhere with several of each type of ore just in case you need them again some time.
Weeks/months later that damn chests is in the way and you dump the contents into the sorting system, and surprise! Shortly after you need the ore again to filter some automation somewhere...
Repeat the cycle XX times...
The vicious cycle never ends lol

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Thinking:
"Oh I can disconnect that ME "insert cable/device name" and reconnect it again before an item enters the network/crafting request is made that is relevant to the part of the network that I just disconnected by doing that..."

Comes back to find hundreds of thousands of items in the wrong storage due to priority momentarily having been shifted...

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
There were probably at least a half dozen derps involved in building my first frame quarry. It uses an arcane bore as the main digger, and has a wall of Annihilation planes to dig forward. Among the list:
-Frame slider getting "ahead" of frame puller. Fixed by switching puller to pusher so it blocks the slider.
-Deciding the front needs annihilation planes. Multiple attempts to get them to put stuff in ender chest before I remember that storage busses are a thing
-The unholy curmudgeon that was trying to get the frames, annihilation planes, and wiring for the aformentioned two to work. Usually it wouldn't move at all, but at least once it decided to only move some of the annihilation planes. That was fun to fix.
-Trying to figure out how to "close" covers, eventually realizing if they needed to be closed they probably weren't needed there in the first place.
-At least one exploding energized node event, followed closely by restoring a backup of the dimension because I'll be damned if I'm giving up the perditio node I found.

In the end, I probably went a wee bit overboard with the frames, especially around the node and related stuff.
-

Dylz101

Jul 29, 2019
I had been storing a bunch of pechs in a fenced area for Thaumcraft related shenanigans. I hadn't lit up the area yet so a zombie had walked up to the fence and had begun his rather annoying grunting. Of course I had forgotten to turn off the AOE attack of the draconic staff so I completely obliterated anything in the area, wasting some hours of work.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Not minecraft related but still a nice little derp
I am programming a web shop (because work and there are not enough of them already right) and I was wondering why my email sending code suddenly stopped working when I edited an order and I couldn't find the problem, as it turns out for another test I edited the email that corresponds to the order I was using to test my code >_>

So....Sorry for whoever got a bunch of mails, you can trash them(if that was indeed the only problem)

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
Another entry in my frame quarry saga today.Was trying to figure out why I wasn't getting ores from my frame quarry, figured the issue was with the chunk loader. I was partially right. Turns out chunk loaders are turned off by redstone signals and that placing one right next to the redstone block that's activating the frame pusher isn't the best of ideas.

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
*Builds massive RoC power gen *

"Lets try this," I said, not knowing what would happen.

*Watches in horror as dozens of diamond shafts/gearboxes shatter*

I may have forgotten to factor in an engine while calculating the total torque and speed..