I Derp, You Derp, We all Derp, What's your's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I thought that making a 1.7.10 modpack would be fun. ID conflicts are easier but everything else was terrible. Pls help I mean honestly if someone wants to take over my modpack PM me.
EDIT: I'm keeping my pack. And the stress.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I thought that making a 1.7.10 modpack would be fun. ID conflicts are easier but everything else was terrible. Pls help I mean honestly if someone wants to take over my modpack PM me.
EDIT: I'm keeping my pack. And the stress.
What's your pack about? Where are the issues? I made a 1.7.10 pack myself, and it wasn't that bad.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
What's your pack about? Where are the issues? I made a 1.7.10 pack myself, and it wasn't that bad.
I eliminated most problems but now the ender storage tanks crash the game when they try to render. Whether it's in NEI, or a crafting table or creative tab. And Chicken Chunks doesn't update "outdated" versions

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I eliminated most problems but now the ender storage tanks crash the game when they try to render. Whether it's in NEI, or a crafting table or creative tab. And Chicken Chunks doesn't update "outdated" versions
I think I had that issue once. Are you using Optifine? Are all your versions fully up to date, including Forge (recommended version)?

Elwoodio

Jul 29, 2019
Back in my 1.6.4 server finally managed to gather enough resources to build the reactorcraft beast the fusion reactor after spending ages building and configuring we weren't sure we had the centre magnet right right so we decided we would test by using a creative coil to spin it up we looked at the book and that gave a set of readings to go for sure enough it worked then I remembered in the video @Reika had made he said or I think he did it could take more than the setting in book can remember the numbers but we set them to it and then I moved away and as I moved BOOM it exploded not sure to this day if I caught it and caused it or if it was to much power got some nice photos though the worse thing was it wasn't completely finished to didn't get any steam for it we hadn't finished the injector stuff

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I think I had that issue once. Are you using Optifine? Are all your versions fully up to date, including Forge (recommended version)?
Ok, Yeah I was using an outdated and an experimental?(Non Release) version of forge. Still doesn't work.
EDIT: I updated it and the world is still having a fatal error.
This here is the tick with the fatal error.
[11:32:40] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: There was a critical exception handling a packet on channel ES
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot create a fluidstack from a null fluid
at net.minecraftforge.fluids.FluidStack.<init>(FluidStack.java:36) ~[FluidStack.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.fluids.FluidStack.<init>(FluidStack.java:67) ~[FluidStack.class:?]
at codechicken.core.fluid.ExtendedFluidTank.<init>(ExtendedFluidTank.java:18) ~[ExtendedFluidTank.class:?]
at codechicken.core.fluid.ExtendedFluidTank.<init>(ExtendedFluidTank.java:28) ~[ExtendedFluidTank.class:?]
at codechicken.enderstorage.storage.liquid.EnderLiquidStorage$Tank.<init>(EnderLiquidStorage.java:20) ~[EnderLiquidStorage$Tank.class:?]
at codechicken.enderstorage.storage.liquid.EnderLiquidStorage.<init>(EnderLiquidStorage.java:35) ~[EnderLiquidStorage.class:?]
at codechicken.enderstorage.storage.EnderLiquidStoragePlugin.createEnderStorage(EnderLiquidStoragePlugin.java:17) ~[EnderLiquidStoragePlugin.class:?]
at codechicken.enderstorage.api.EnderStorageManager.getStorage(EnderStorageManager.java:161) ~[EnderStorageManager.class:?]
at codechicken.enderstorage.storage.liquid.TankSynchroniser$PlayerItemTankCache.track(TankSynchroniser.java:170) ~[TankSynchroniser$PlayerItemTankCache.class:?]
at codechicken.enderstorage.storage.liquid.TankSynchroniser$PlayerItemTankCache.handleVisiblityPacket(TankSynchroniser.java:232) ~[TankSynchroniser$PlayerItemTankCache.class:?]
at codechicken.enderstorage.storage.liquid.TankSynchroniser.handleVisiblityPacket(TankSynchroniser.java:269) ~[TankSynchroniser.class:?]
at codechicken.enderstorage.internal.EnderStorageSPH.handlePacket(EnderStorageSPH.java:20) ~[EnderStorageSPH.class:?]
at codechicken.lib.packet.PacketCustom$ServerInboundHandler.handle(PacketCustom.java:115) ~[PacketCustom$ServerInboundHandler.class:?]
at codechicken.lib.packet.PacketCustom$CustomInboundHandler.channelRead0(PacketCustom.java:75) ~[PacketCustom$CustomInboundHandler.class:?]
at codechicken.lib.packet.PacketCustom$CustomInboundHandler.channelRead0(PacketCustom.java:62) ~[PacketCustom$CustomInboundHandler.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.SimpleChannelInboundHandler.channelRead(SimpleChannelInboundHandler.java:98) ~[SimpleChannelInboundHandler.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:337) ~[DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:323) ~[DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:785) ~[DefaultChannelPipeline.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.embedded.EmbeddedChannel.writeInbound(EmbeddedChannel.java:169) ~[EmbeddedChannel.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.internal.FMLProxyPacket.func_148833_a(FMLProxyPacket.java:77) [FMLProxyPacket.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212) [ej.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:165) [nc.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:659) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111) [bsx.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [?:?]

Last edited:

Krhymez

Jul 29, 2019
I havnt had any "derps" in the recent packs... But back in Ultimate when machines would exploded. There where many times when i would spend a long time making a machine... place it down, then BOOM. Had some real rage quits back then

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, Yeah I was using an outdated and an experimental?(Non Release) version of forge. Still doesn't work.
EDIT: I updated it and the world is still having a fatal error.
This here is the tick with the fatal error.
[11:32:40] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: There was a critical exception handling a packet on channel ES
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot create a fluidstack from a null fluid
at net.minecraftforge.fluids.FluidStack.<init>(FluidStack.java:36) ~[FluidStack.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.fluids.FluidStack.<init>(FluidStack.java:67) ~[FluidStack.class:?]
at codechicken.core.fluid.ExtendedFluidTank.<init>(ExtendedFluidTank.java:18) ~[ExtendedFluidTank.class:?]
at codechicken.core.fluid.ExtendedFluidTank.<init>(ExtendedFluidTank.java:28) ~[ExtendedFluidTank.class:?]
at codechicken.enderstorage.storage.liquid.EnderLiquidStorage$Tank.<init>(EnderLiquidStorage.java:20) ~[EnderLiquidStorage$Tank.class:?]
at codechicken.enderstorage.storage.liquid.EnderLiquidStorage.<init>(EnderLiquidStorage.java:35) ~[EnderLiquidStorage.class:?]
at codechicken.enderstorage.storage.EnderLiquidStoragePlugin.createEnderStorage(EnderLiquidStoragePlugin.java:17) ~[EnderLiquidStoragePlugin.class:?]
at codechicken.enderstorage.api.EnderStorageManager.getStorage(EnderStorageManager.java:161) ~[EnderStorageManager.class:?]
at codechicken.enderstorage.storage.liquid.TankSynchroniser$PlayerItemTankCache.track(TankSynchroniser.java:170) ~[TankSynchroniser$PlayerItemTankCache.class:?]
at codechicken.enderstorage.storage.liquid.TankSynchroniser$PlayerItemTankCache.handleVisiblityPacket(TankSynchroniser.java:232) ~[TankSynchroniser$PlayerItemTankCache.class:?]
at codechicken.enderstorage.storage.liquid.TankSynchroniser.handleVisiblityPacket(TankSynchroniser.java:269) ~[TankSynchroniser.class:?]
at codechicken.enderstorage.internal.EnderStorageSPH.handlePacket(EnderStorageSPH.java:20) ~[EnderStorageSPH.class:?]
at codechicken.lib.packet.PacketCustom$ServerInboundHandler.handle(PacketCustom.java:115) ~[PacketCustom$ServerInboundHandler.class:?]
at codechicken.lib.packet.PacketCustom$CustomInboundHandler.channelRead0(PacketCustom.java:75) ~[PacketCustom$CustomInboundHandler.class:?]
at codechicken.lib.packet.PacketCustom$CustomInboundHandler.channelRead0(PacketCustom.java:62) ~[PacketCustom$CustomInboundHandler.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.SimpleChannelInboundHandler.channelRead(SimpleChannelInboundHandler.java:98) ~[SimpleChannelInboundHandler.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:337) ~[DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:323) ~[DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:785) ~[DefaultChannelPipeline.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.embedded.EmbeddedChannel.writeInbound(EmbeddedChannel.java:169) ~[EmbeddedChannel.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.internal.FMLProxyPacket.func_148833_a(FMLProxyPacket.java:77) [FMLProxyPacket.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212) [ej.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:165) [nc.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:659) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111) [bsx.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [?:?]
Maybe try cross-posting in the "Ask a simple question" thread. There's lots of help over there, and the topic certainly applies.

mathchamp

Jul 29, 2019
Just started teleporting nodes to my base with RFTools for the advanced alchemical furnace I am going to build. My plan was to send then over one at a time and put stabilizers. Instead I went around my mining age and sent 7 over, forgetting they would bully each other.

I decided to destroy all the nodes except the first one that I sent (the biggest node that was initially only perdito).

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I havnt had any "derps" in the recent packs... But back in Ultimate when machines would exploded. There where many times when i would spend a long time making a machine... place it down, then BOOM. Had some real rage quits back then

That was the thing with old IC2, the machines that exploded due to excess voltage were usually pretty cheap to replace. Irritating, yes, but not as irritating as losing a fabricator due to derpy wrench mechanics breaking it.

I remember spending the better part of a day making one, then trying to move it and being most put out when all I got back was an advanced machine frame.

I don't ragequit often, but that was one of the few times.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
*Miraculously bottles a hungry node without realizing it is a hungry one*
Five minutes later...

Rip my thaumcraft base

Lol.

I've never managed that but I did manage to ruin my nice botanical garden in a base once by accidentally bringing a tainted node home with me...

Reactions: Type1Ninja

mathchamp

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I usually try to scan the node before sending it to my base to make sure it's normal (or at least something benign like Unstable).

Hungry node is probably the worst that you can send home by accident, since it will systematically eat your base. Tainted nodes are almost as horrible since they will taint all your other nodes, but if you don't have other nodes in your base you can at least pop/energize the node, then stick down an Ethereal bloom.

Sinister nodes are also relatively benign if you energize them and stick down an Ethereal bloom afterwards.

Of course, if you find a Hungry node and purposely send it over to a spot specifically intended for feeding the node, then that's the best thing you can get since you can get a crapton of aspects in there.

I haven't managed any fatal (to my base/world) derps yet. Worst I've done is things like chucking a bit too much coal dust into the crucible for alumentum and making a bit of flux, and of course the aforementioned node battle royale in my base from teleporting over a bunch of nodes before making stabilizers. Also when I tried to power thermalilies by putting the lava right next to them. Let's just say that there's a limit to how much heat they can take.

Dylz101

Jul 29, 2019
I was playing around with a small project I am working on that had SquidAPI and AM2 installed among some other mods. I was mucking about in survival and I wanted to start some Ars Magica which required some blocks, a book and an item frame. So i found a pool of liquid etherium and was placing all the stuff I needed and I placed the item frame down.

I was rather annoyed when nothing happened and the item frame was consumed from my inventory. I wrote it off as some kind of client error and went and made myself a new one, traveled back to the pool and placed the item frame down. It was destroyed again.

At that point I hopped onto a creative world and tried to identify the problem with no avail.
After about 20 minutes of head scratching I looked through the mod list and realized that I had SquidAPI installed. It turned out that when I had white-listed all the mobs I had wanted to spawn I had forgotten to white-list the item frame entity.
*sigh*

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
Step 1) MFR Autospawner with Zombies, because I want more zombie heads for my zombie generators
Step 2) Hey, I'm getting a lot of zombie brains, and they get a better multiplier than rotten flesh in the vat. Let's use them instead
Step 3) Replace zombie safari net with something else
Step 4) Mommy, why isn't my AE system working?

I actually caught it within a minute or two of it stopping, which was still enough time to completely fill my ender chest I was using as input. Fortunately, I have rotten flesh in a barrel on a storage bus since I was getting so much, so switching back over wasn't too bad.

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
Things I learned about liquids while setting up my Big Reactor:
1) Gelid Cryotheum flows faster than Resonant Ender
2) Source blocks will spread one block to each side, no matter what's below them
3) Buildcraft flood gates do, in fact, replace flowing blocks.
4) I am never touching this reactor again once I get it up and running. I'll "upgrade" it with turbines. At least with those I don't have to deal with finicky liquids.

I think I had to take buckets to the entire setup at least 4 times, and I can't count the number of times I got teleported by the Resonant Ender while doing fiddly bits.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Things I learned about liquids while setting up my Big Reactor:
1) Gelid Cryotheum flows faster than Resonant Ender
2) Source blocks will spread one block to each side, no matter what's below them
3) Buildcraft flood gates do, in fact, replace flowing blocks.
4) I am never touching this reactor again once I get it up and running. I'll "upgrade" it with turbines. At least with those I don't have to deal with finicky liquids.

I think I had to take buckets to the entire setup at least 4 times, and I can't count the number of times I got teleported by the Resonant Ender while doing fiddly bits.
I find that it is easier to simply build the reactor and fluids up layer by layer. Specially if you are dealing with cryotheum/Ender mixes with them directly touching each other. Don't bother with Flood Gates. Just automate filling of buckets instead through ME or something.

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
Part of it was that despite having more ender pearls than I will likely ever need, I decided I wanted to only have the top layer be Resonant Ender source blocks and have everything below it be flowing. And yeah, the flood gate was quickly abandened in favor of buckets.