I Derp, You Derp, We all Derp, What's your's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
With Eruantien, I offered him the opportunity to go on an adventure to a dimension with no hostile mobs, and chest loot. I admitted, when asked, that this was in fact the Plane of Torment. Eruantien agreed to go, and I sent him there, where he promptly got his hands on a portal gun.
To be fair, you said, and I quote, "... maybe :p". Eh, we're good now, right? let's be friends pl0x :D
Still, though, what was that skull thing? Morsmordre or whatever? *runs to WItchery wiki*

null123

Mar 27, 2014
OK, so I feel I have to set the record straight here.

I made a book, and used a cauldron ritual from Witchery to curse it so that the next person to read it would be attacked by nightmares. I then warned everyone one the server that reading the book would get you attacked. Jedi read the book. Go figure whose fault that is :p

I then went and helped jedi get his stuff back from a grave in the middle of a lava lake. I gave him a fire resist potion, I fought my way through tons of mobs that had spawned near where he was waiting for me to arrive, and I brought a bucket of blood to help protect him from the lava. Jedi managed to drown while retrieving his stuff, despite me placing the blood down at his request.

With Eruantien, I offered him the opportunity to go on an adventure to a dimension with no hostile mobs, and chest loot. I admitted, when asked, that this was in fact the Plane of Torment. Eruantien agreed to go, and I sent him there, where he promptly got his hands on a portal gun.

Long story short: I'm honest with people and try to help, and yet it's somehow still my fault. My derp? Counting these two as my friends :p
I still blame you.

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
I accidentally dropped my über pick into a nether lava lake :(

Lost stuff:
1 Ingot of Manyullan
1 Paper
Some Slime
Tons of time spent picking at cobble to level up because I love iguana tweaks.

Goddamit

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I accidentally dropped my über pick into a nether lava lake :(

Lost stuff:
1 Ingot of Manyullan
1 Paper
Some Slime
Tons of time spent picking at cobble to level up because I love iguana tweaks.

Goddamit
TiCo tools don't burn from lava. It is still in there(unless the item have timed out). Getting to it might be a different matter... Easiest way would be with an item magnet(creative item magnet mode should do).

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
So this time I drank some mana in a bottle, which, among other effects, finally teleported me to the roof of the nether. :/
Luckily I was able to find some natura trees growing through the bedrock and tunnel back down... alas, this hasn't been my day at all.
The moral of the story? Drink responsibly, children.

EDIT: Why are people still liking this

Last edited:

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
Completed my reactorcraft HP turbine. After some time admiring it, it was time to build a turbine hall around it. Didn't realize that the filler on box mode will clear anything INSIDE the box... including completed hp turbines. I now have a nice stone box to house my half turbine. Time to make more steel. *sigh*
That's extremely unfortunate...and sadly relatable. Did the same thing with my GT machine room.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I forgot which end of a RotaryCraft gas turbine was the hurtykilly end. Got sucked in after I turned it on, had to wait 30 mins for its internal fuel reservoir to drain.
Now I give it a wide wide berth when I turn one on. They are quite mean.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I used a computer to control the dispenser for my chicken farm, not a big deal right? Until you have a crash that causes certain computers and turtles to loose their data.
Of course that is the only computer I did not check and yes this happened on my own server that is supposed to run 24/7 and was chunk loaded >_<

and blocking my hide hole off in such a way that a creeper and 2 skeletons still could enter and then blocking myself up with cobble without having a pickaxe or the materials to make one >_<

I ended up breaking it with a potato and because I did not have a sword killing the skeletons with it as well.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I used a computer to control the dispenser for my chicken farm, not a big deal right? Until you have a crash that causes certain computers and turtles to loose their data.
Of course that is the only computer I did not check and yes this happened on my own server that is supposed to run 24/7 and was chunk loaded >_<
Reminds me of a server I once played on. One of the guys built a very simple chicken spawner/killer contraption(shoot eggs into a shaft, click button to burn the chickens. Something like that). He then stopped playing. No big deal he was not at the level of chunkloaders or anything.

Several weeks/months later of poor server performance(this was 1.4.7 before Opis etc) we discover his chicken spawner was built inside the spawn chunks... And yeah the 1x1 shaft had been filling up with chickens ever since he stopped playing :mad:

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Reminds me of a server I once played on. One of the guys built a very simple chicken spawner/killer contraption(shoot eggs into a shaft, click button to burn the chickens. Something like that). He then stopped playing. No big deal he was not at the level of chunkloaders or anything.

Several weeks/months later of poor server performance(this was 1.4.7 before Opis etc) we discover his chicken spawner was built inside the spawn chunks... And yeah the 1x1 shaft had been filling up with chickens ever since he stopped playing :mad:
Well, with mine it was not that bad. The only thing that the computer did was triggering a dispenser every so often to throw an egg. But as it never did that the dispenser and hopper got full. and because of minecraft logic I suddenly had fake eggs in my base.
The thing however is that they were part of my power source for factorization and the potato farm got shut down because said crash.
And because I suspect the crash to happen more until I put some more RAM into that thing which I am planning to do very soon I didn't bother to repair the farm.

Thus I had no power

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
No 3 in my list of trashcan-related derps:

I was wondering why my GT ore processing system didn't output any metals. Now, GT ore processing produces a lot of stone dust you can't use for much, which is why I sent it into the trashcan using an EnderIO conduit and a filter going out from products chest. Only the same conduit was used to put items from somewhere else into the chest, and I had set an insert filter for the stone dust rather than an extraction filter. Now all output that actually made it into the chest from elsewhere (being unaffected by the failed insert filter) went unfiltered into the trashcan, while the products affected by the misplaced filter clogged up the machines.

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
I've done several of the derps here, jumped in pit after putting jetpack into charger, lava buckets, filler eating stuff you don't want it to. However, the dumbest one, that I constantly do, is open doors at a run with a loaded dolly. :/