I Derp, You Derp, We all Derp, What's your's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
In my agrarian skies playthrough i trapped a pech in a safari net and put it in a hole. long story short is the pech killed me and stole all of my stuff
I had one find its way to my gravel/sand processing and kept taking most of the dust and broken ore. I was so confused why it was producing metal so slowly when I had just expanded it.

Reactions: Type1Ninja and rhn

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Never played AgSkies, but whenever I'm mining, I kill every pech I see. Worthless little vermin will NOT steal my precious ChromatiCraft drops.

Mindfeak926

Jul 29, 2019
My most recent derp... standing at my crucible making a load of thaumium.... get in a groove then accidently throw in my focus pouch with 8 fully upgraded foci then wondering ....what was that? only took about 10 minutes to figure out what caused the massive overflow of goo.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
My game locked up as I was clicking on the beacon to summon Gaia. I wasn't thinking and spam clicked... the 34 ingots I had in my inventory... needless to say when it stopped lagging uh I was one dead murf

Reactions: Vogon

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
My most recent derp... standing at my crucible making a load of thaumium.... get in a groove then accidently throw in my focus pouch with 8 fully upgraded foci then wondering ....what was that? only took about 10 minutes to figure out what caused the massive overflow of goo.
Always clear your inventory of valuable things before going near that thing!
I stuff everything(except wand, thaumonicon, materials etc.) into my tool enderpouch or a nearby chest.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
My game locked up as I was clicking on the beacon to summon Gaia. I wasn't thinking and spam clicked... the 34 ingots I had in my inventory... needless to say when it stopped lagging uh I was one dead murf
That didn't consume all 34 did it?

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Recently in GregTech:

I was in the process of upgrading my very compact cluster of machines to the MV tier. I placed another one and immediately wanted to configure it. Unfortunately, two mechanics conspired against me: GT machines take a few seconds after they've been placed before they can be interacted with, and I was too early - and Inventory Tweaks automatically pushes another item of the same id group (no idea where those are defined, but all GT machines share one group) into your hands if you place the last one of a stack. So, what I now did was not "interact with new machine" but "place another machine randomly selected from those in my inventory". As my luck would have it, that was one of the LV machines I had just dismantled, and an MV cable just happened to be next to the block space where I placed it....

...BOOM! The concentration of power around the wrongly-placed machine was high, and the explostion destroyed everything in a 6-block radius, including about 20 machines I had spent half a real-time day crafting.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Recently in GregTech:

I was in the process of upgrading my very compact cluster of machines to the MV tier. I placed another one and immediately wanted to configure it. Unfortunately, two mechanics conspired against me: GT machines take a few seconds after they've been placed before they can be interacted with, and Inventory Tweaks automatically pushes another item of the same id into your hands if you place the last one of a stack. So, what I now did was not "interact with new machine" but "place another machine randomly selected from those in my inventory". As my luck would have it, that was one of the LV machines I had just dismantled, and an MV cable just happened to be next to the block space where I placed it....

...BOOM! The concentration of power around the wrongly-placed machine was high, and the explostion destroyed everything in a 6-block radius, including about 20 machines I had spent half a real-time day crafting.
That, is just horrible.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Recently in GregTech:

I was in the process of upgrading my very compact cluster of machines to the MV tier. I placed another one and immediately wanted to configure it. Unfortunately, two mechanics conspired against me: GT machines take a few seconds after they've been placed before they can be interacted with, and I was too early - and Inventory Tweaks automatically pushes another item of the same id group (no idea where those are defined, but all GT machines share one group) into your hands if you place the last one of a stack. So, what I now did was not "interact with new machine" but "place another machine randomly selected from those in my inventory". As my luck would have it, that was one of the LV machines I had just dismantled, and an MV cable just happened to be next to the block space where I placed it....

Don't feel bad, similar thing happened to me. I skipped the "let's light up the area around my base and build a wall" step. I had made several Thermal Expansion machines, jabba barrels, and a few other bobs and bits. Two creepers came up and one after the other. Lost a few barrels, multiples of the contents, and half the machines that I had there.

EDIT: Similar in the explosion ate my baby as it were.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
That, is just horrible.
Yeah. Fortunately, this was SSP and I could restore my world from a backup. I learned: (1) if you upgrade your GT machinery, remove all cables first and place the new cables last, and (2) never leave machines from different tiers in your inventory for longer than it takes to put those you dismantled into storage.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Here's another kind of explosion:

In the Resonant Rise pack, I had made a cursed earth mobtrap to supply my blood altar with life essence. I hadn't automated it yet but the mobs fell from the spawning area down to a place with a small hole where I could stick my weapon of sacrifice. The whole thing looked like an inverted pyramid hanging over my blood altar. One day I left the area without switching on the lights in the spawning area. Now usually, creepers don't explode away from the player, but this pack has Ender Zoo and Creepers and Enderminies don't like each other. So it was only a matter of time before one each of those landed in the same cramped space - and the creeper exploded. Nothing unusual so far, just your standard accident, but I had switched the sound off and didn't hear the explosion, and it destroyed the bottom of the killing area and the next creeper fell down on the altar. it was only a matter of time before the earlier events repeated themselves and destroyed the blood altar. And the RFtools teleporter nexus below. Fortunately - if you can call it that - the height became deadly for the falling mobs before my AE2 setup below the teleporter nexus could be affected.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Hehe
Creepers exploding mob farms due to my own derps happened a few times to me. That's why I reinforced the bottom with obsidian after a while.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Recently in GregTech:

"Wow, I made a mistake and my base blew up. I feel properly punished!"
I saw that (paraphrased) quote about Gregtech once. That's why I stick with safe, simple (boring, to some) RF. :p