I Derp, You Derp, We all Derp, What's your's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ToLazyToThink

Jul 29, 2019
I've been struggling with altar automation too. How did you end up stalling AE2 to only input one rune at a time?

The ME interface is set to only push items when the target inventory (the chest on the right) is empty. The enderIO conduit is set to only pull items when the alter has no redstone signal and has living rock blacklisted. It outputs to an aa (I'm using 2, one for the wand, and one for items, but 1 would probably work). The ExtraUtilities node has a hyper filter and 64 living rock in it's buffer, and is set to only pull living rock when the alter signal is 1 (xor'd with the 2 signal so it's only on when the alter is powering up). The conduit on the left chest (the one holding the living rock) moves the living rock to the open crate when the alter signal is 2.

Lordlundar

Jul 29, 2019
I had the brilliant idea to build a Big Reactor active cooled unit underwater and use tesseracts to supply power. So I set it up, clear out the water with a sponge and get the gelid cryotheum pumped in.
Forgot the diamond blocks for the reactor, oops! Well I figure if I move fast enough I can set up a pump and get it out...

So then I'm waiting for a new batch of Gelid Cryotheum to finish processing as I curse up a storm after clearing the snow from the reactor housing.

natirs

Oct 12, 2013
israel
not sure if derp but i simply went full wtf?

i log into my world and the oil fountain in the ocean my base is is on fire! 0_0 what in the lord?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
not sure if derp but i simply went full wtf?

i log into my world and the oil fountain in the ocean my base is is on fire! 0_0 what in the lord?
Lightning strike :p
If you have Xenos Reliquary then the Salamander's Eye will put out the fire very easily if you just hold it and fly around the oil a few times.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Does trying to play, in a cave system, while placing torches in the dark count?

What if you just commented on having bad frame rates?

What if you had previously fallen into a lake?

... I stopped when one zombie plus one skeleton was more than I could handle. So, it's not a complete derp.

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
pretty sure i just broke minecraft's logic.. i created a quarryplus with silk touch 1 and fortune 3 in one X D how does that even work?
Every blocks that break into other item wield much more items then usual, except you keep every blocks intacts so you never get to use fortune. BTW, it's possible even in vanilla. it's just worthless.

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
Player interface mishap = accidentily used blacklist for my ore/stone inventory cleaner, and all my stuff was gone, just like that

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
- Hang glides over ocean
- Left arm gets tired of holding W key
- Places bottle of hand sanitizer on W key
- Reaches base
- Glides into door
- Lands on ground
- Wonders why he's still running forward
- Sees hand sanitizer bottle

I'm not used to weighing down keys yet.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
*notices quarry is finished in its' current location*
*grabs landmarks and wrench and heads downstairs to reset quarry*
*resets quarry, heads back upstairs*
*continues dicking about getting bits ready for my next tier of Blood Altar*
*runs out of stone, goes back to grab more from ME network...notices that my drives are rapidly filling with cobblestone*

*ponders*
This shouldn't be happening, I route all my quarry debris to a trashcan for exactly this reason.

*heads downstairs to check again, can't immediately see the problem*

Then I notice, the sorting upgrade on the item conduit feeding the trashcan is the one that blacklists the debris, it's the one I meant to put on the other conduit feeding the tesseract.

I've just fed a ton of ores and cool stuff into the trash and gobbled up loads of dirt and cobble.

F'n fantastic.

*grumblesulk*

SadGhoster87

Jul 29, 2019
Was playing with a custom modpack that included Millenaire, TiCo, Iguana Tinker Tweaks, and some other mods. I decided to bunk in a Millenaire villager's house. I cleared it out a fair bit, and after a while I had so much stuff I had to port my chests and TiCo tables to the ceiling in slab form. I'd been trading with the village leader a fair bit, and the family I was living with decided to upgrade their house to a better material.

Two double chests filled with tools, food, and materials, entirely erased from existence because of the roof upgrade.

Needless to say I moved out after that.

SadGhoster87

Jul 29, 2019
THE UNLUCKIEST MAN IN MINECRAFT, PART 2 (2 MONTHS AFTER RESTART/BIG BOOM)
So...we had to restart our server becuase of the reasons in my previuos post...
Things are going well.
I have a base now that more closely resembles a city.
It even has a forcefield!
...I can now do anything that i want, i have tons of resources, researched Thaum completely...
But STILL I have some Epic Fails.
1)I Had a quarry in the overworld that i used Enderchests to get resources
I then thought "Hey its not far away from my base i can just go get resources and give it fuel by a train!"...
So i made the coolest train you can ever think of: it is Firestone fueled, has protection from mobs because steves carts, and is on a high speed track, AND FINNALY it has a bridge through TWO MERGED RAVINES I FLOODED WITH LAVA...
I found out you can replace blocks below your tracks by using a cart BUT you can use ONLY gravel or crushed obsidian...
Why did i use gravel...
Why...
I FORGOT ABOUT THE BRIDGE!!! THE TRAIN IS GONE!!!WHYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?
2)Ichor from Thaumic Tinker...
*sigh*
Its recipe required 65 aspect from a jar.
!!!65!!!
I MISREAD IT FOR 64 MY TOWER OVERFLOWN WITH TAINT I WASTED A NETHER STAR AAAAAAA HELP!!!!
3)With Witchery i summoned a demon to get some refined evil...i didnt know they could explode...*SIGHEST OF SIGHS*
...You may think i am lying BELIEVE ME ALL OF THE ABOVE IS TRUE...why am i so unlucky and dumb.
*sigh*
These sound like splashes for the Minecraft title screen. I might actually make a custom resource pack like this just to humor myself.
So last night, a friend of mine asked me, "Does this hurt", and tested a sword on me. One shot, dead. I had no armor on.

He apologized, and gave me two of his spare hearts. I proceeded to look up how to make leather out of string (two string per "material" of woven cotton). Easy enough, but I wound up with one leftover woven cotton.

So he asked me if I wanted to see what the sword would do with armor on. I figured it would be better -- less damage because of the armor, right?

The funny thing is, it only claims to be +9 attack damage, and it still single-shoted me with a jump-strike.
If it was +9 attack damage, then it wouldn't have actually killed you. You have 20 health, not 10 health. Nice attempt though, good story.

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
I believe keybounce was skeptical himself on the sword front of that story, as he mentioned that the sword claimed to be +9 but clearly, it did much more. Also, it was a jump hit, and I'm self-proclaimed dumb as a rock in Minecraft, but don't those do like 1.5x damage?