I Derp, You Derp, We all Derp, What's your's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

88VoidMiner88

Jul 29, 2019
Slight derp i made
/me founds hungry node
"I wonder what will happen if i throw stacks upon stacks of random items"

HInt, it involves a wall of text

Kotaro

Jul 29, 2019
Happened a few weeks ago, playing Infinity + Reika's mods. I had built my first reactor along with a high pressure turbine. When I turned it on, it ended up spamming the console with some error. Thinking I did something wrong, and that breaking it and resetting it might help, I started breaking the turbine.

Except.. I forgot to turn it off. You know what happens when something spinning really fast is suddenly broken?

http://imgur.com/mEQMyfV

I restarted a new world the next day.

Reactions: gold49 and loboca

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Whoa, since when is it a thing that turbines explode when broken during operation?

Kotaro

Jul 29, 2019
No lubricant?

Nah, has lubricant. You can see the ender tank just floating there, and it won't even spin without it. Well, think of it this way. If something spinning suddenly stops, all that energy has to go somewhere.

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Not really minecraft but I keep hitting the log out button while going for my alerts, then have to type in all my info and my password every time. :oops::mad:

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Not really minecraft but I keep hitting the log out button while going for my alerts, then have to type in all my info and my password every time. :oops::mad:
You know that you don't have to click the alerts button? Just mousing over it opens the menu.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I have now derped this so many times that I have soon learned, but it still happens:
Swapping in and out ME storage discs, putting them into the Partition Editor to add items to them etc. Then after a while I discover something is terribly wrong in my storage network... Then hits me that one of the storage discs I had been editing earlier was set to fuzzy mode(like for tools) and now all disks created since are also set to fuzzy mode, gah... All kinds of items in the wrong discs now...:(

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Another one from me tonight:
Wanted to set up some automated Grass block farming(just a slow trickle of it so I always had some for seeding grass here and there). And I thought: "A Turtle is just what I need"! So wrote a program, set it up with a ME interface and programmed it to automatically restock dirt and place it back etc. All set up and ready! The Dirt block in front of the turtle turned to grass and the turtle recognised this, mined it, placed a dirt block back! Wonderful!!!

Now, why was there only a dirt block in its inventory? DOH!!! Silk touch is required ofc you idiot....

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I hooked up a fluid void pipe to get rid of extra metal in my smeltery that I no linger needed. Then I went out and got lots of valuable metallurgy ores and put them into the smeltery, I forgot to remove the void pipe

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
I hooked up a fluid void pipe to get rid of extra metal in my smeltery that I no linger needed. Then I went out and got lots of valuable metallurgy ores and put them into the smeltery, I forgot to remove the void pipe

On a similar note of smeltery derpery, I forgot about the extra cells fluid+unformated storage bus bug in AS atleast three times. Guess what happened to several hundred buckets (not millibuckets, buckets) of molten metal in my rather large sifting+ore processing set up?

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
On a similar note of smeltery derpery, I forgot about the extra cells fluid+unformated storage bus bug in AS atleast three times. Guess what happened to several hundred buckets (not millibuckets, buckets) of molten metal in my rather large sifting+ore processing set up?
Basically the same thing. Really sucks doesn't it, I also had over 50 buckets, so mine wasn't quite as bad but still took a while to get the material back.

APproject

Jul 29, 2019

Having just added extra cells, what is this bug of which you speak?

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Having just added extra cells, what is this bug of which you speak?

The bug may have been fixed in 1.7 or may not have, I do not know for sure, just know it was a known bug in 1.6

If you have a high priority and unwhitelisted storage bus (normal item storage bus, not liquid) and also have liquid stored on your network through extra cells the liquid would become bugged out "items" of the liquid and go into whatever is connected through that storage bus. The items as far as I could tell could not be made back into a normal liquid and would be VERY derpy about stacking (sometimes they would stack only to 64, other times when I shift clicked them into a inventory they would stack to over a thousand, and other times they would only stack to one item), meaning I had to void them due to the general uselessness and buggy behavior.

Now if you had/have a method of storage for the liquid that would be higher priority (liquid storage cells, liquid storage buses [maybe, not sure on that one], manually set high priority desinations, etc.) you most likely will not run into this problem, but you can/could generally avoid it by being a bit more careful than I am when setting up AE.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

APproject

Jul 29, 2019
The bug may have been fixed in 1.7 or may not have, I do not know for sure, just know it was a known bug in 1.6

If you have a high priority and unwhitelisted storage bus (normal item storage bus, not liquid) and also have liquid stored on your network through extra cells the liquid would become bugged out "items" of the liquid and go into whatever is connected through that storage bus. The items as far as I could tell could not be made back into a normal liquid and would be VERY derpy about stacking (sometimes they would stack only to 64, other times when I shift clicked them into a inventory they would stack to over a thousand, and other times they would only stack to one item), meaning I had to void them due to the general uselessness and buggy behavior.

Now if you had/have a method of storage for the liquid that would be higher priority (liquid storage cells, liquid storage buses [maybe, not sure on that one], manually set high priority desinations, etc.) you most likely will not run into this problem, but you can/could generally avoid it by being a bit more careful than I am when setting up AE.

Ah I see. Thanks for the explanation.

And here's a derp I had - a fairly common one.

http://i.imgur.com/x68eXYX.png

I used my draconic staff on a block before switching it from 9x9x9 mode. Fortunately it broke the wall and turbine. Had I used it in the other direction, I would have lost my RoC machines.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Ah I see. Thanks for the explanation.

And here's a derp I had - a fairly common one.

http://i.imgur.com/x68eXYX.png

I used my draconic staff on a block before switching it from 9x9x9 mode. Fortunately it broke the wall and turbine. Had I used it in the other direction, I would have lost my RoC machines.
Safe Mode always safe mode without fail in your base. :)

Actually considering the nature of the tool I tend to bag it in my base and use some of my old tools that thing is a shade too dangerous lol

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Bound picaxe + ae system = NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

My bound pick stays in a golden bag of holding anytime I do not need it, and even then it is in like the fifth slot turned off for this reason. Also thinking of soaryn's many derps with large area mining tools again..:D