I Derp, You Derp, We all Derp, What's your's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to have issues with the 'Q' button:

1: Flying in a void Mystcraft world looking for libraries
2: Having an Efficiency V, Sharpness V, Looting III, Fortune III, Soulbury Draconic Staff of Power in hand.
3: Ender pouch on slot 1
4: Let's free up inventory space, send home the pages gathered (still flying in void)
5: Press Q instead of 1
6: Profit

And then...

1: Log back on after raging
2: Start exploring Thaumcraft
3: Have the fully enchanted Draconic bow on slot 4
4: Have the shards to be thrown to crucible on slots 5-6-7
5: While in the middle of wildly throwing stuff in press 4 accidentally
6: Watch the bow turned into lots of different types of essentia.
7: Get drowned in flux
8: Profit
Earlier:
Grandmaster+++ Adamantine Scythe, loss to lava.
I was in the nether, and didn't have death waypoints on.

Reactions: gold49

SoraZodia

Forum Ghost
Third Party Pack Team
Mod Developer
Mar 11, 2014
I'm just gonna take my ethanol jetpack and fight this Blaze here. Next to a lava pillar. In the Nether.
sorazodia fell from a high place

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure this has been said, but I found it lol worthy. I'm playing agrarian skies 2 alpha on curse voice, I finally get my smeltry blocks built, I go to extend my platform with cobblestone. Squat, backup, place the gravel. Oops.

Reactions: Equitime

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
So, because i'm a special snowflake my current (early-mid game) base power supply is rotarycraft engines of steadily progressing types feeding into a rotational dynamo to power my mekanism ore processing and enderIO machinery.

I was fine with my steam engines until I needed to power the oxygen producing gear for my 3x Mek processing AND a BC quarry at the same time (sensibles), so I upgraded to AC electric engines.

Now, I happily avoided the hours spent screaming at the shaft magnetizer trying to get it to work (I remembered the redstone 2-clock this time :p) but after I had the engines running away to themselves quite happily I was wondering why my energy cube was still losing power...

...then I checked the stats for the rotational dynamo. The cap of 8192Nm of torque (or whatever it was in 1.6.4) is now only 1k so i've been wasting half my power all this time...

*doh*

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Once in vanilla I used the ender pearl trick to get to the roof of the nether in order to build a high-efficiency pigman farm, forgot obsidian for a portal/a ender chest/ dirt for growing a dark oak tree (had the bone meal, saplings, and even a axe, but no dirt) while wearing my best diamond gear.:oops:

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
... This is when you use your wood ( you always carry wood with you, right?) to make a chest or two, store your items, and come back later with the stuff you forgot.

Now, how does the ender perl trick work? When I've tried it, I have not gone through the roof -- where do you need to be / aim?

===

My derp: For 164, where you can't say "minecraft:lava", but have to figure out if you want block 10 or 11, getting the wrong one.

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Don't carry around wood most of the time, killed myself with starvation and came back before five minutes.
Just look up the trick on youtube, you just aim at a corner of bedrock on the second or last layer

natirs

Oct 12, 2013
israel
did a "force update" to my ftb monster pack and got some of the mods i added myself deleted from it by mistake.. suddenly realised that all of the carpenters blocks mod items are gone
derp

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
did a "force update" to my ftb monster pack and got some of the mods i added myself deleted from it by mistake.. suddenly realised that all of the carpenters blocks mod items are gone
derp

Sounds like how last time I played with botania I forgot to install baubles, wondered why I kept crashing until I checked the log:oops:

ToLazyToThink

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to automate Botania. I thought I had the runic alter automated with AE, successfully tested ordering several types of runes, then I ordered a 2 dozen kekimurus. I now have a runic alter filled with the ingredients for 23 runes of winter. Currently trying to wrap my head around the logic needed to stall AE till the alter is ready for the next rune (I should break down and use SFM/ComputerCraft, but I really want to figure it out without those).

EDIT: While on this topic, any idea on how to make the enderio redstone conduits input only? They seem to be feeding back in and keeping a color on long after the input has turned off.

EDIT2: Project Red buffer.

EDIT3: Got it!!
wZkzvC3.png

Last edited:

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to automate Botania. I thought I had the runic alter automated with AE, successfully tested ordering several types of runes, then I ordered a 2 dozen kekimurus. I now have a runic alter filled with the ingredients for 23 runes of winter. Currently trying to wrap my head around the logic needed to stall AE till the alter is ready for the next rune (I should break down and use SFM/ComputerCraft, but I really want to figure it out without those).
I usualy import straight into a vanilla hopper which push the item in the open crate. It might induce a bit of lag, but i also simply use an autonomous activator with a wand to trigger the process. No redstone needed. :)

APproject

Jul 29, 2019

EDIT: While on this topic, any idea on how to make the enderio redstone conduits input only? They seem to be feeding back in and keeping a color on long after the input has turned off.

EDIT2: Project Red buffer.

EDIT3: Got it!!

I've been struggling with altar automation too. How did you end up stalling AE2 to only input one rune at a time?

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Decide to build a vanilla witch farm, which requires locating a witch hut, lighting up caves in the area to prevent mob spawns, and either lighting up or (as I chose to do) clearing all the surrounding area and flooding it with water to prevent night spawns.
After about three months worth of on/off work I have only a few hours of work between me and finishing the project, I set up the actual farm to spawn and drop the witches to their death. Wonder why I am getting string and bones from the drops, check the farm, and about one fourth of the farm is river biome rather than swamp (which is the only biome witch huts actually spawn witches in):eek::mad:......:oops:
MCedit biome editing is ahead of me:(

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I have a few mods i like to install to most packs i play, this includes hunger overhaul, pams and veinminer, and other mods. But I was building a platform and I misplaced a block. I accidently vein mined a large cobble platform on agrarian skies good bye everything.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
I've been struggling with altar automation too. How did you end up stalling AE2 to only input one rune at a time?
from the looks of it he doesn't, he uses a buffer chest and enderIO to shift the items to the proper place in the proper pace

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Derp of the day:
horn of canopy and rod of the skies next to each other on the hotbar, wanting to fly off a tall tree onto the one next up, and well, you can guess what happened, then I scrolled the wrong way and died :(

dragonmaster0283

Jul 29, 2019
Derp of the day for me.
Infinity 1.3.4 - Server
Built a big reactor, was wondering why my fuel consumption was through the roof (was at something like 1.2mb/t). I know I've built it before in a different pack and it only consumed 0.15mb/t.
So I tear the whole thing down thinking i made a mistake in the construction and rebuilt it, no change in use.
Go into single player and rebuild it using creative (and put the fluid all throughout instead of flowing down), still no change and displaying 1.2mb/t.
Went back into the other mod pack and checked all my dimensions and built and saw it was correct at 0.15. I go wtf.
Then I finally get the bright idea to check configs and sure enough, forgot infinity carried a 8x fuel usage multiplier.

/cry

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if its a derp or just OCPD. But sometimes I stop up and think: "WTF am I doing, what am I automating this thing in my ME network for?" :p
MlPON3G.png

"Why did I just automate the crafting of levers when I only need sixteen for this one project?"-me

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
I really want to learn ae2, but I haven't progressed far enough in a pack to learn it. I really liked the MAC.