I Derp, You Derp, We all Derp, What's your's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
I was playing around a fluiduct, trying to set it to Vacuum mode. I was looking up... I managed to branch a servo unto my brain* :eek: . Now I can't open the world anymore. My game experience was used to spawn a slime it seem so...

*under the duct toward an empty space to be exact but it make a better story like this.

Be very careful when you use servo guys, a wrong click on the wrong side of the duct could make the game crash.

java.lang.NullPointerException at RetrieverFluid.java:56

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
My derpiness seems to have no end when I have both the Beealyzer and the Remote Orderer on my hotbar... I will open the Beealyzer and start typing in stuff, opening various menus, turning off NEI and whatnot... I will open the Remote Orderer and be bewildered why I cannot find the Inventory to shiftclick a bee into it...
It have been like this for weeks now. When will I get used to it? :confused:

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I've been on the wrong end of such a named sapling. Someone removed the " Sacred " from it in an anvil and I planted it. Needless to say, I had to move base very soon after. ((This was before the Mega saplings were introduced.))
Be glad it wasn't the version called Pakratt's Worldship. It can kill a server easily.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
How to get killed by a damn normal turtle.
1. Get some bees
2. Get an automatic breeding programm done and let it breed some demonics.
3. Place a chunkloader next to it, go offline for a few days.
4. Spawn back in and burn to death

And: Yes, it really happened.
Or:
"Nah, I don't need the Apiarist suit. I will just get in there and swap bees real quick. Wont be a problem."
BAM! One-shot somehow by an austere bees creeper effect while wearing full quantum...

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Forestry is kinda like three (four) mods in one.

The first is some tools to partially automate operating farms, both plant and trees. It can be fully automated with other tech mods.
The second is tree breeeding, so you can get different types of wood.
The third is bees, which lets you generate things that are normally not renewable / not automatable, but at the requirement of breeding specific bees, and machinery to harvest what the bees produce.
And the fourth is a bunch of power generators to operate all those -- but you can use any mod's power generators. (NB: Forestry has a very nice low-level, entry engine that is powered by right-clicking it -- a windup engine).

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Not modded, but a few months ago I was setting up my nether hub in my vanilla world. Being my stubborn self, I refused to listen to the part of my brain that said me building the place out of wood was destinied to not end well.
So I finish the main portal entry area and then go to expand the WIP tunnel about 100 blocks away. When I return a ghast had spawned in the rather large space and shot at me. Lived easily with my diamond armor, but ghast shoot FIREballs:eek:
Spent the next 20 minutes trying to save any section of the place I could while laughing my butt off.
After it all, I just made sure ghasts could not spawn, the place is still wooden:p

Last edited:
Reactions: ljfa and adzmodeus

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Or:
"Nah, I don't need the Apiarist suit. I will just get in there and swap bees real quick. Wont be a problem."
BAM! One-shot somehow by an austere bees creeper effect while wearing full quantum...
I had this in my 1.4.2 world, full MPS with flight (using Gregtech recipes), all gear basically endgame, got killed by my Austere bee exploding me, then the second hive went off as well.......

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I just made a Twilight portal, jumped in, game crashed, relaunched, fell almost to my death on top of a dark forest. After getting out of there, I wandered around a bit, and realized I had no idea where the portal was. So I beat the naga, found a questing ram, found two ender pearls, conquered a maze and finally found 1 diamond, which I used to make a portal back home. So... not so much a derp as an oversight, or a bug/crash. It's still kind of amusing, though.
But now, with the ender pearls I can make a warp book and page for quick travel back home.

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Or:

I remember in Ultimate I could run through twilight forest stuff and fight multiple withers like it was nothing in my full nano-suit with the advanced nano-chestplate, but the tropical bees about killed me every time I stopped paying attention for more than a second

Cysteine

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to have issues with the 'Q' button:

1: Flying in a void Mystcraft world looking for libraries
2: Having an Efficiency V, Sharpness V, Looting III, Fortune III, Soulbury Draconic Staff of Power in hand.
3: Ender pouch on slot 1
4: Let's free up inventory space, send home the pages gathered (still flying in void)
5: Press Q instead of 1
6: Profit

And then...

1: Log back on after raging
2: Start exploring Thaumcraft
3: Have the fully enchanted Draconic bow on slot 4
4: Have the shards to be thrown to crucible on slots 5-6-7
5: While in the middle of wildly throwing stuff in press 4 accidentally
6: Watch the bow turned into lots of different types of essentia.
7: Get drowned in flux
8: Profit

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019

2: Having an Efficiency V, Sharpness V, Looting III, Fortune III, Soulbury Draconic Staff of Power in hand.
4: Let's free up inventory space, send home the pages gathered (still flying in void)

And then...

Try an ichorium adorned-whatever wand into the crucible. And I didn't even have a wand to empty it.

Reactions: JunpakuKarasu

gold49

Jul 29, 2019

And then...

Why I have drop item set to G, cannot tell you how many eff. 5 unbreaking 3 fortune 3 diamond picks have gone to lava from me doing that alone, not to mention the youtubers I watch

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
See I had this wonderful Gregtech fusion reactor fiiinally built. (For those that havent built it, it is a pain in the tuckus for sure). Admiring my handywork and feeling really mighty proud of myself, all the centrifuges are working, the electrolyzers are.. electrolyzing? well everything works perfectly! The plasma is building up in the tank, I check again to see that it is self sustaining. yupp it is. sweet I can now remove the nuclear reactor I kept near it to feed all the centrifuges and such to make the initial fuel. Turns to the nuclear reactor that is tucked into the same room since it is only temporary.. swings pickaxe...

Linda no longer has a shiny fusion reactor.. she does however have a very very big hole in the middle of her base. Linda is sad... she also talks about herself in third person.. she suspects she suffered some form of brain damage in the trauma.

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
See I had this wonderful Gregtech fusion reactor fiiinally built. (For those that havent built it, it is a pain in the tuckus for sure). Admiring my handywork and feeling really mighty proud of myself, all the centrifuges are working, the electrolyzers are.. electrolyzing? well everything works perfectly! The plasma is building up in the tank, I check again to see that it is self sustaining. yupp it is. sweet I can now remove the nuclear reactor I kept near it to feed all the centrifuges and such to make the initial fuel. Turns to the nuclear reactor that is tucked into the same room since it is only temporary.. swings pickaxe...

Linda no longer has a shiny fusion reactor.. she does however have a very very big hole in the middle of her base. Linda is sad... she also talks about herself in third person.. she suspects she suffered some form of brain damage in the trauma.

Also could be brain damage from the intense radiation from the fall out

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
Whatever you do, never, EVER hold a loaded matter cannon when you try to load it into a me chest. And I held it down(without realising it, too busy thinking "Why the f*** did my ME chest dissapear?") and destroyed all my ME drives.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Why I have drop item set to G, cannot tell you how many eff. 5 unbreaking 3 fortune 3 diamond picks have gone to lava from me doing that alone, not to mention the youtubers I watch
Yeah. I think I set mine to a key all the way over on the right hand side of the keyboard.

Just in case.