I Derp, You Derp, We all Derp, What's your's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Used to use the IC2 Mining laser a lot back in 1.4.7. Built a lot with Sandstone and because a pick would often mine out several blocks I used the Laser in low power mode(just removes one block per shot). What I often didn't count on was that last I used the Laser I was using Long range mode or on a few occasions the Scatter mode(25 beams in a cone shape)...
Hah! Yeah, been there done that a few times myself :D ah but that was part of the fun!

Does being so unable to remove a rapidly growing patch of Thaumcraft 2 taint (including by Laser and Nuke) that I rageuninstalled the entire TC2 mod count as a Derp?

Reactions: xTordX

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Used to use the IC2 Mining laser a lot back in 1.4.7. Built a lot with Sandstone and because a pick would often mine out several blocks I used the Laser in low power mode(just removes one block per shot). What I often didn't count on was that last I used the Laser I was using Long range mode or on a few occasions the Scatter mode(25 beams in a cone shape)...

One of the downsides with minecraft is that when you log in and also wake up from sleeping, there is a right click event. (Or at least was back in 1.4.7.) Even having the mining laser as the currently selected item was a bit dangerous. I accidentally shot the laser several times unintentionally. Depending on the last setting the laser was on, it could be quite... annoying.

Artea

Jul 29, 2019
I suppose the upside is the staff of power from DE doesn't destroy blocks, last time I used the mining laser was quite a while ago but from memory it has a chance to destroy what you are mining - much worse for bases.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I suppose the upside is the staff of power from DE doesn't destroy blocks, last time I used the mining laser was quite a while ago but from memory it has a chance to destroy what you are mining - much worse for bases.
From my experience it never destroy blocks it mines but if you shoot the laser over dropped items it can destroy those. That can be completely remedied ofc by Low power mode for example(only ever shooting one block at the time) or by drop magnets like Coin of fortune.

Or by my favourite manual mining method: Mine out a chunk 2 block tall, set laser to long range, point straight up. Fire, step forward, repeat.

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
Spent several hours going over my Computercraft code and taking bits and pieces off my new Big Reactor in the Underdark to try to figure out why I was lagging, but only when I went to that dimension.

There were 2032 Hobgoblins...

Next time I just start with Opis :confused:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Spent several hours going over my Computercraft code and taking bits and pieces off my new Big Reactor in the Underdark to try to figure out why I was lagging, but only when I went to that dimension.

There were 2032 Hobgoblins...

Next time I just start with Opis :confused:

The Underdark? Hobgoblins? What madness is this??

:D

Reactions: Beeze23

Artea

Jul 29, 2019
And here I was thinking we were playing an old neverwinter nights expansion. Is the underdark from extra utilities or another mod?

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Nah I'm pretty sure he meant the Derp dark, I called it the under dark for months before someone corrected me

-----------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I'd just finished setting up my steve's carts tunnel bore, complete with galgadorian drill, enchanter etc. I set it going, and did some blood magic stuff in the meantime. About an hour later I returned to check on its progress. I was annoyed to see it had hardly gone anywhere, as the chunk the cart was is had unloaded. I knew that, months ago, there was a bug that meant steve's carts chunk loader wouldn't work, so I assumed it still hadn't been fixed. I was relieved to see I'd forgotten to switch the chunk loader on.

Jackcat136

Jul 29, 2019
My biggest derp to date has been changing configs for a couple of mods, and then wondering why they didn't take effect.

Turns out, I didn't check where the loading location for the pack I was playing was, and that apparently I have the whole FTB setup downloaded into more than one place... so I was changing the configs for the copy of the pack that was in the obvious place, not the ones for the pack I was actually using...

...So thats whats happening right now

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Unleashed 1.5, trying to connect my two bases with the new and expensive quantum bridge. Spent atleast a third of my cobble making a singularity, now to use the entangling powers of TNT to, well, entangle the thing.
First try does nothing, second the same, third is a surprising...fail
Not knowing what is happening, I just decide to try it one more time before going to google. Now before I continue here is some important info, at the time I was playing on a laptop with out a mouse and was using the trackpad(yes it was horrible and I have a mouse now). there is practically no scroll on trackpads, so number keys had to be used. Now what key could I have hit when my finger is going from A to 1...Q. I set fire to the TNT and prepared to switch from my Vajra to the singularity then throw it in, in goes the Vajra and from then on drop item is set to G for me

Reactions: PierceSG and xTordX

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Unleashed 1.5, trying to connect my two bases with the new and expensive quantum bridge. Spent atleast a third of my cobble making a singularity, now to use the entangling powers of TNT to, well, entangle the thing.
First try does nothing, second the same, third is a surprising...fail
Not knowing what is happening, I just decide to try it one more time before going to google. Now before I continue here is some important info, at the time I was playing on a laptop with out a mouse and was using the trackpad(yes it was horrible and I have a mouse now). there is practically no scroll on trackpads, so number keys had to be used. Now what key could I have hit when my finger is going from A to 1...Q. I set fire to the TNT and prepared to switch from my Vajra to the singularity then throw it in, in goes the Vajra and from then on drop item is set to G for me
Should have dropped the items before igniting the tnt. :p

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, but hindsight is 20/20, while I am both physically and mentally nearsighted
(Why I also have a habit of jumping of cliffs with not enough health to survive, because I have feather falling boots)

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Deep Dark = Underdark

The Mystcraft linking book thinks it's the Underdark.

Ah! That makes sense; that, along with the mention of "Hobgoblins", made me wonder if there was a D&D mod I'd missed!

The Derp Dark.
Herp Derp. Muffins for everyone!

Hehe :D I think I prefer the name "Derp Dark"! @pc_assassin may in fact be a genius.

I've managed another derp - there is no forgiveness for this:

Having extolled the virtues of them on the Underrated/Overrated Mods thread, I added Pam's Harvestcraft and Hunger Overhaul into FTB Lite 2, and proceeded on my merry way; I subsequently managed to completely forget EVERYTHING I learned from AgSkies, and proceeded to starve to death. 5 times. You'd think after the 2nd or 3rd (or 4th) time I'd have arranged it so I didn't have to jump to get into my base, but apparently not...

*facepalms*

- GwnG