I Derp, You Derp, We all Derp, What's your's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zztheman13

Jul 29, 2019
I spatial iod myself accidentally. Then I intentionally died, came back to overworked prepared to go back in w/ link book and get stuff.

Link book ready. About to reload spatial cell into io port input.

Turn into witchery werewolf, cell drops on floor, server restarts, lose cell, no way to get back in to cell. That thing had my entire ME system (connected w/ link bridge to base to save space. And just before I died, i disconnected it from the link bridge cause of some durn
fool deriving with my power supply.

My items are in the pokeball... waiting...

Reactions: netmc

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Err ... can you explain that one a little better? Is it as bad as it sounds (all your stuff in another dimension with no way to get to it at all)?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
My biggest derp to date has been changing configs for a couple of mods, and then wondering why they didn't take effect.

Turns out, I didn't check where the loading location for the pack I was playing was, and that apparently I have the whole FTB setup downloaded into more than one place... so I was changing the configs for the copy of the pack that was in the obvious place, not the ones for the pack I was actually using...

Skvapter

Jul 29, 2019
Well let me Russell your jimmies with my other Derp, by far my most favoured Derp. This is how I came to dislike EnderZoo

>Be me, not entirely experienced with Mods but loves playing Modpacks
>See's Creeper like Mob but not the same texture
>Thinks this Creeper variant is probably just a reskin
>Walks up to kill this Creeper for his Gunpowder
>He = Noob because he *Somehow* manages to miss two VERY valuable strikes on the Creeper
>Creeper Blows up
>Not dead
>Falling
>He realizes he got teleported over a nearby ravine
>Time slowly begins to slow down, as His life flashes before him.
>Doesn't die from fall damage
>Praises Lord'O'Notch
>Walks forward in excitement
>Falls down 1x1 hole
>Lavapit
>Pause game
>Rage quit
>Cryalltiem

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
My biggest derp to date has been changing configs for a couple of mods, and then wondering why they didn't take effect.

Turns out, I didn't check where the loading location for the pack I was playing was, and that apparently I have the whole FTB setup downloaded into more than one place... so I was changing the configs for the copy of the pack that was in the obvious place, not the ones for the pack I was actually using...
Reminds of a while back when I had been taking backups of the wrong modpack folders saves for a while(Old save in a modpack I no longer played instead of the new one I was currently playing)...
Only found out after I had been messing around with the save of the new world and wanted to do a roll-back. Luckily it worked out fine without it.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Reminds of a while back when I had been taking backups of the wrong modpack folders saves for a while(Old save in a modpack I no longer played instead of the new one I was currently playing)...
Only found out after I had been messing around with the save of the new world and wanted to do a roll-back. Luckily it worked out fine without it.

Yikes! Glad its not just me :D After I've finished my AgSkies playthrough (or as much as I'm going to do anyway) I'm going to delete all my FTB stuff and reinstall it in one place, somewhere sensible...

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Actually I kind of like Ender zoo. The concussion creeper has a chance to drop ender fragment where you can combine five of them into one ender pearl. Also the Ender minies. I like having them around as they will attack creepers on sight.

M-A12

Jul 29, 2019
One time while i was Upgrading my IC2 Power grid back when i was on tekkit lite i may have accidentally left one transformer backwards and had someone else help me figure this one out :oops:, a simple mistake, didn't cost me anything resource-wise, unless you count my pride :rolleyes:.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Forgot to set the ME export bus' redstone behaviour so it would react to the ME level emitter when setting up autocrafting:
hazLa2z.png

:oops:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Well i dont think it is a waste unless your base is done

send from a thing
My base is quite extended already, but will probably end up using them and more anyway :p
ME network so far:
4yFkhAQ.png

(More if I scroll down)

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
I got it! Richard Harvey Norris!

----------------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Reactions: Geckogamer

Geckogamer

Jul 29, 2019
O right to make sure that this tread is not going offtopic
My last derp was a cobble 1 on skyblock
I wanted to play with ex nihilo
Chopped down the tree
Grabbed lava from chest
Makes a hole in the ground and place lava without picking up the dirt before placing lava
Panicks a bit
Placed a crafting table in the hole

0_0

send from a thing

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
After talking to a mod dev about a potentially lethal bug that caused flight to stop when you logged out (meaning falling to death upon logging in), 20 minutes later, I die from said bug.