1. Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

How do you light up your base?

Discussion in 'General FTB chat' started by asb3pe, Apr 21, 2014.

1. b0bst3r

b0bst3r Popular Member

Torches cos well I can't build pretty things so torches just fit the "mess" theme.

2. Staxed

Staxed Popular Member

You are so full of bull...:p

3. YX33A

YX33A Over-Achiever

Sorry, but that's end game to you? That's pretty early to me, honestly. Need nitor(that's the one that isn't a grenade, right?), some aspects to bottle it, and a bottle IIRC, all with a crucible. And if it's a infusion recipe, then one just needs an altar, barely mid game TC4.

4. malicious_bloke

malicious_bloke Over-Achiever

I accidentally my wooden roof.

It's all burning pretty like.

5. Eruantien

Eruantien Forum Addict

I'm going to assume you burnt your wooden roof, right?
    That said, stone obelisk structures with flaming netherrack is pretty good for large-scale torches.

6. malicious_bloke

malicious_bloke Over-Achiever

I accidentally the whole thing, is this bad? :)

i've gone off sources of ignition as light sources a little bit given recent events.

7. KaosRitual

KaosRitual Popular Member

I use Greg's Lighting floodlamps, because they light up everything ever. Also the Thaumic Tinkerer lights are not really that difficult to get now that crucible recipes can be automated.

8. Middleclaw

Middleclaw Well-Known Member

Look on the bright side, at least you have a nice big skylight to light up your base.

Edit: pun was not intended

9. Eruantien

Eruantien Forum Addict

AM2 ignition spell with 5 AoE on augmented casting against a netherrack wall.

*needs to try*

10. asb3pe

asb3pe Forum Addict

Interesting, that's pretty much exactly what I was looking for, except I'm doubt its in Monster. Does it work the same way as wrath lamps, I wonder? By making extra entities that are hidden?

http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/greg.ewing/minecraft/mods/GregsLighting/

11. YX33A

YX33A Over-Achiever

It's a flood lamp. It makes light sources in the direction you face it, up to a certain amount.

12. dalekslayer96

dalekslayer96 Well-Known Member

Well usually my bases can be huge so...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. YX33A

YX33A Over-Achiever

Still not that expensive...

Unless you make it all via the crucible bit by bit, it's not even all that tedious...

Padfoote likes this.
  14. dalekslayer96

dalekslayer96 Well-Known Member

Well, for me it is tedious. Opinions, OK?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. YX33A

YX33A Over-Achiever

Sounds like you may be interested in automating it.

16. Eruantien

Eruantien Forum Addict

Automated alchemy is best alchemy.

*goes back to plotting thauma-turtle-golem world takeover scheme*
    "Hnnn... golems making other golems while the turtles handle infusions automagically..."

17. YX33A

YX33A Over-Achiever

...You do know that TC 4.1 has a pretty simple automation setup for the crucible, right? Bit advanced, but not exactly hard to use. It's past essentia tubing.

18. Eruantien

Eruantien Forum Addict

... of course. Every good wizard knows the fundamentals of such elementary schooling.
    But I also saw that infusion crafting can be somewhat automated with turtles and golems/pipes, so I was just muttering my thoughts to the world... don't mind me. :p