How do you light up your base?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Mirality

Jul 29, 2019
But recently I found that you can take a glowstone block +saw and carve it up into microblocks. Then place those around your base as needed. 1 glowstone block will get me 16 strips. Each strip gives light like a normal full block of glowstone, so that gives you a 16x multiplier, so it doesnt take too many full blocks to light an area.
That's a great idea. If that works on inverted lamps too, it'd be perfect.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
sadly the radius of the magnum torch has been changed... it used to be 64 horizontal and 16 vertical, but now it's 32 both horizontally and vertically...
quite a pain for my Agrarian Skies world with my mobtrap

I'm glad you said that because I've been wondering... I did assume it was a 64 block radius but I was seeing mobs closer than that. Kind of annoying when something changes like this, because how can we keep track of every change? That's why I post here and read here daily, to learn these sort of things.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I'm glad you said that because I've been wondering... I did assume it was a 64 block radius but I was seeing mobs closer than that. Kind of annoying when something changes like this, because how can we keep track of every change? That's why I post here and read here daily, to learn these sort of things.

the radius of the magnum torch has changed a few times, would be nice if the radius was mentioned in the ingame NEI info window that extra utilities adds

Reactions: filimaryus

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
But recently I found that you can take a glowstone block +saw and carve it up into microblocks. Then place those around your base as needed. 1 glowstone block will get me 16 strips. Each strip gives light like a normal full block of glowstone, so that gives you a 16x multiplier, so it doesnt take too many full blocks to light an area.

Make them into nooks instead of strips, then you get 32x instead of 16x :)

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on how deep ingame I actually am. If I just start out I simply use Torch spam + Forge Microblocks. Midgame I use Arcane Lamps/Nitor/Glowstone. Endgame would be Gaseous Illuminae (Thaumic Tinkerer).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Why use lighting? Live life on the edge. Couple creepers spawn near your bed, that's OK. Just tell them to tidy up after they're done.

Reactions: abculatter_2

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
What's "light"?

I AM THE NECROMANCER.
I DO NOT FEAR THE UNDEAD.
(Just the living suicide bombers.)

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019
What's "light"?

I AM THE NECROMANCER.
I DO NOT FEAR THE UNDEAD.
(Just the living suicide bombers.)
Light is teh opposite of dark.
lol-face_design.png

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Lux capacitors work quite well, as well.
(Lux, not flux. Flux capacitors don't work well at all.)

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Current options for spammy lighting:

Reliquary's Sojourner's Staff
MPS Lux Capacitors
AM2 magic lighting
FLORBS

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019
Current options for spammy lighting:

Reliquary's Sojourner's Staff
MPS Lux Capacitors
AM2 magic lighting
FLORBS
If you REALLY want invisible light and are pretty endgame in Thaumcraft, use Gaseous Illuminae from Thaumic Tinkerer.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
If you REALLY want invisible light and are pretty endgame in Thaumcraft, use Gaseous Illuminae from Thaumic Tinkerer.

Well, I'm not there yet... plus, it's not quite as spammable as others - although, I'm not there yet, of course.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Forge microblock covers (out of whatever your floor) is and torches below the covers

Sent via tapatalk