How do you light up your base?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
If you REALLY want invisible light and are pretty endgame in Thaumcraft, use Gaseous Illuminae from Thaumic Tinkerer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry, but that's end game to you? That's pretty early to me, honestly. Need nitor(that's the one that isn't a grenade, right?), some aspects to bottle it, and a bottle IIRC, all with a crucible. And if it's a infusion recipe, then one just needs an altar, barely mid game TC4.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I'm going to assume you burnt your wooden roof, right?
That said, stone obelisk structures with flaming netherrack is pretty good for large-scale torches.

I accidentally the whole thing, is this bad? :)

i've gone off sources of ignition as light sources a little bit given recent events.

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
I use Greg's Lighting floodlamps, because they light up everything ever. Also the Thaumic Tinkerer lights are not really that difficult to get now that crucible recipes can be automated.

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
Look on the bright side, at least you have a nice big skylight to light up your base.

Edit: pun was not intended

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
AM2 ignition spell with 5 AoE on augmented casting against a netherrack wall.

*needs to try*

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, but that's end game to you? That's pretty early to me, honestly. Need nitor(that's the one that isn't a grenade, right?), some aspects to bottle it, and a bottle IIRC, all with a crucible. And if it's a infusion recipe, then one just needs an altar, barely mid game TC4.
Well usually my bases can be huge so...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Automated alchemy is best alchemy.

*goes back to plotting thauma-turtle-golem world takeover scheme*
"Hnnn... golems making other golems while the turtles handle infusions automagically..."

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Automated alchemy is best alchemy.

*goes back to plotting thauma-turtle-golem world takeover scheme*
"Hnnn... golems making other golems while the turtles handle infusions automagically..."
...You do know that TC 4.1 has a pretty simple automation setup for the crucible, right? Bit advanced, but not exactly hard to use. It's past essentia tubing.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
...You do know that TC 4.1 has a pretty simple automation setup for the crucible, right? Bit advanced, but not exactly hard to use. It's past essentia tubing.
... of course. Every good wizard knows the fundamentals of such elementary schooling.
But I also saw that infusion crafting can be somewhat automated with turtles and golems/pipes, so I was just muttering my thoughts to the world... don't mind me. :p