Unsupported Horizons : 1.6.4 Bug Reports {PUBLIC BETA}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wisq

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Horizons 2.1.0
Mod & Version: Ars Magica 2 (AM2_1.1.2b.zip)
Bug: Hecates don't do anything

The "Hecate" mob from Ars Magica 2 does absolutely nothing. It spawns, makes lots of noise, but you can walk right up and punch it and it won't do a thing.

This has also been reported for the DW20 pack: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/direwolf-20-1-6-4-public-beta.35476/page-71#post-568641

I'm wondering if maybe someone disabled the AI because of this: http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeas..._magica_2s_hecates_are_destroying_our_server/ … if so, someone should probably disable Hecates from spawning at all.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack: Horizons v2.1.0

Mod & version: N/A
Pastebin link to crash log: N/A
whats the bug? Me and my friends will go into the nether, and the memory will just sky rocket. After about 5 mins being in the nether the client will just crash or freeze. Then we have to end the task to shut off minecraft. So we haven't done much with it and we believe that its a leak in the nether. We don't know if a mod is causing it, or if the code for the nether got messed up.
Can it be repeated? yes many times it has
Known Fix: haven't been able to fine one

To further this issue:
Mod & Version: Gany's Nether 1.5.6
Pastebin link to crash log: No crash
Whats the bug? Java memory leak, not seen inside Minecraft (F3).

Javaw.exe will continue to grow in size until it consumes all available memory. Windows 7 eventually pops up a warning message that javaw.exe must be terminated to prevent loss of data.

This was also reported by MossyTrousers on the MCF under the Gany's Nether thread here (page 24):
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1934065-16x-ganys-nether-v157-ganys-mods/page__st__460

In my testing to isolate and confirm it was Gany's Nether, I've been able to find at least one specific instance in placing and observing the Magmatic Centrifuge. To test, I created a new creative world and confirmed memory usage was normal. I then placed a single Magmatic Centrifuge and immediately observed javaw.exe's memory usage begin to rise. Note that F3 inside Minecraft did not show a problem. Placing multiple centrifuges down cause the memory usage to rise faster. Turning around and looking away from the centrifuges seemed to slow if not stop the memory leak. Looking back at them caused memory usage to rise again.

As noted on MCF and the post I'm replying to, this is most obvious when going to the Nether and seems to be related to the Undertakers in the Nether. But I've been able to show here that it also affects the Magmatic Centrifuge, and hopefully provide an easily reproducible method to observe the issue.

Finally, note that I have the FTB launcher set to 2.0 GB RAM and F3 inside of Minecraft agrees with that, but javaw.exe will grow past that limit until it consumes all available RAM. I believe the largest I saw on my system was around 6.5 GB before I restarted Minecraft.

Can it be repeated? Yes. Create a new world and place a single Magmatic Centrifuge down. Look towards it and notice the size of javaw.exe memory usage growing.

Known Fix: Disable Gany's Nether?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
To further this issue:
Mod & Version: Gany's Nether 1.5.6
Whats the bug? Java memory leak, not seen inside Minecraft (F3).

Javaw.exe will continue to grow in size until it consumes all available memory. Windows 7 eventually pops up a warning message that javaw.exe must be terminated to prevent loss of data.

This was also reported by MossyTrousers on the MCF under the Gany's Nether thread here (page 24):
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1934065-16x-ganys-nether-v157-ganys-mods/page__st__460

In my testing to isolate and confirm it was Gany's Nether, I've been able to find at least one specific instance in placing and observing the Magmatic Centrifuge. To test, I created a new creative world and confirmed memory usage was normal. I then placed a single Magmatic Centrifuge and immediately observed javaw.exe's memory usage begin to rise. Note that F3 inside Minecraft did not show a problem. Placing multiple centrifuges down cause the memory usage to rise faster. Turning around and looking away from the centrifuges seemed to slow if not stop the memory leak. Looking back at them caused memory usage to rise again.

As noted on MCF and the post I'm replying to, this is most obvious when going to the Nether and seems to be related to the Undertakers in the Nether. But I've been able to show here that it also affects the Magmatic Centrifuge, and hopefully provide an easily reproducible method to observe the issue.

Finally, note that I have the FTB launcher set to 2.0 GB RAM and F3 inside of Minecraft agrees with that, but javaw.exe will grow past that limit until it consumes all available RAM. I believe the largest I saw on my system was around 6.5 GB before I restarted Minecraft.

Can it be repeated? Yes. Create a new world and place a single Magmatic Centrifuge down. Look towards it and notice the size of javaw.exe memory usage growing.

Known Fix: Disable Gany's Nether?

Add -XX:MaxPermSize=512m to the jvm argument section of the launcher to see if that fixes it.

Btw, love your vids. :p

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Add -XX:MaxPermSize=512m to the jvm argument section of the launcher to see if that fixes it.

Btw, love your vids. :p

Thanks Eyamaz! I'm enjoying making the videos, but really like to hear people enjoy watching too. :)

I tried adding the parameter above, but it didn't fix the issue. Since I'm set up to make vids, I thought I'd do a quick one showing the issue. Take a look here to see what I'm finding:

Also, I tried it a second time after this video with only the following parameters and had the same issue:
-Xms2048m -Xmx2048m -XX:permSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m

Gany also replied on the MCF thread if you want to sync up there or offline somewhere.

Unumati

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Rotarycraft 1.6 v18b
Whats the bug? The woodcutter doesn't update the state of a comparator after it cut the tree (No tree/operational) but the comparator recognize the state of the woodcutter if you break replace the comparator (tested with vanilla and ProjRed comparator)
Can it be repeated? yes
Known Fix: break-replace comparator

thanks for this awesome modpack and sry for my english.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Rotarycraft V19
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/wWqSEt6s(with a turbine) and http://pastebin.com/NYPsy6pu(With a gasoline engine)
Whats the bug? Clicking an engine with your hand or an angular transducer crashes the game while it is decelerating. It happens when using an engine control unit that is off, but the engine is still spinning at is is slowing down. The fuel display in WAILA goes crazy and fuel appears to be disappearing faster than when the engine is running.
Can it be repeated? Yes. Clicking a gasoline engine or turbine while it is decelerating.
Known Fix:Updating all of Reika's mods to the newest versions. v19b for Rotarycrft. They work fine now

Last edited:

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Biomes o plenty
What's the bug? Having Coral Reef biome not generate means you can't get sponge to make the sponge from flatsigns.
Can it be repeated? Yep
Known Fix: Change "B:"Coral Reef"=false" to "B:"Coral Reef"=true" in biomegen.cfg

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019

Mod Pack: Horizons 2.1.1
Mod & Version: Guessing Reika's mods since I updated them to v20d(newest)...Looks like a conflict between them and RandomThings
Pastebin link to crash log:http://pastebin.com/YPdSnKhP
Whats the bug? Game crashes before it loads to start screen.
Can it be repeated? yes
Known Fix: Roll back to v19 of Reika's mods
@Rieka

excius

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Horizons
Mod & Version: Ars magica 2 modpack v 2.1.0
Whats the bug? After flying around using flight my character can jump 2 blocks permanent. Also when it rains my character will move around violently.
Dying or restarting client/server did not fix this
Can it be repeated? seems permanent
Known Fix: nope

TaintedBlood1101

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Metallurgy
What's the bug? Can not craft metallurgy's default tools or swords of any metal (recipes also not available in NEI).
Can it be repeated? Yes. Reinstalled clean version a few times and it still occurs.

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Metallurgy
What's the bug? Can not craft metallurgy's default tools or swords of any metal (recipes also not available in NEI).
Can it be repeated? Yes. Reinstalled clean version a few times and it still occurs.

I think this is an intentional decision by the pack creator(s). Look in the configs if you want to change it.

NeoRaven

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: StevesFactoryManager & QuarryPlus
What's the bug? ID Conflict. In the config there is an ID conflict on block 1322 between QueryPlus InfMJSrc and StevesFactoryManager BlockCableSignName.
Can it be repeated? Yes.

kaasknak

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Rotarycraft 1.6 V19b
What's the bug? When using the ethanol jetpack while flying up you're always flying straight up.
You can only move in the moment you are falling down.
Can it be repeated? Yes, every time I use the jetpack.

Bobinskee

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Agriculture1.2.15
What's the bug? You can use the brewer to dupe any item that can stack. Place an item in the top left slot of your inventory and then shift click it into the brewer.
Can it be repeated? Yes.

QuantumCookies

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Unknown
Pastebin link to crash log: No crash log
What's the bug? The game window closes as soon as I open a world, every time.
Can it be repeated? Yes.[DOUBLEPOST=1399586949][/DOUBLEPOST]
Mod & Version: Ars magica 2 modpack v 2.1.0
Whats the bug? After flying around using flight my character can jump 2 blocks permanent. Also when it rains my character will move around violently.
Dying or restarting client/server did not fix this
Can it be repeated? seems permanent
Known Fix: nope
Check if this is related to having an Air affinity.

TilionDC

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack Horizons Recomended 2014-05-30. Which ever that is.
Mod & Version: Unkown
Pastebin crashlog link: http://pastebin.com/WWmGtPMM
Whats the bug?: The game crashes when I open inventory. Or any blocks inventory.
Can it be repeated? Yes

Last edited:

blade_mkii

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Horizons 2.1.1 minecraft 1.6.4
Mod & Version: Unknown
Pastebin link to crash log: No crash log
What's the bug? The game window closes as soon as I open a world, or join a server.
Can it be repeated? Yes.

Thronk

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: RotaryCraft 1.6 V19b & Metallurgy-1.6.4-3.3.3.1
Whats the bug? Crafting any RotaryCraft armor with HSLA ingots gives armor from Metallurgy 3 Base. The HSLA Steel Boots are needed to craft the Spring Boots from RotaryCraft.
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix: May be fixed in Minetweaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.