Unsupported Horizons : 1.6.4 Bug Reports {PUBLIC BETA}

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUSE_iC

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Horizons (v1.0.11)
Mod & Version: Advanced Genetics v1.2.1

What's the bug? You cannot craft the Microscope. It calls for a 'stone stick' which is created by placing 2 cobble stone vertically in a crafting grid. This is the same way you craft the Tinker's Construct stone tool rod, which does not work in the recipe.

Can it be repeated? yes
Known Fix: I'm guessing it can be fixed with an entry or two to the ore dictionary?

I can fix this next update.

I don't know if this has been fixed in your recent updates but there is also a similar recipe issue with Quartz Blocks. If you put them on the crafting table, instead of giving out 4 Nether Quartz it just gives out the same Quartz Block.

Proper Format:

Mod Pack: Horizons (v1.0.11)
Mod & Version:

What's the bug? Quartz Blocks give out Quartz Blocks on crafting table instead of the 4 Nether Quartz used to make it.

Can it be repeated? yes
Known Fix:

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Horizons 1.0.12/13
Mod & Version: Metallurgy 3 v3.3.2.18
Pastebin link to crash log: no crash
Whats the bug? Ore generation of certain Metallurgy ores is not happening. Mithril, Adamantite, Atlarus from the fantasy pack in the overworld are not spawning (verified with MCEdit over a 32m block area from y64 to y0). The world was generated with Horizons 1.0.12, but it seems like I am experiencing this also with worlds generated in 1.0.13.
Can it be repeated? Yes, through generating multiple worlds and testing them.
Known Fix:

The Metallurgy configs have everything enabled. Is there another mod that's controlling ore generation? I read on these forums that CofH configs can control other mod's ore gen but I did not see any of the Metallurgy block IDs listed in its config file.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Horizons 1.0.12/13
Mod & Version: Metallurgy 3 v3.3.2.18
Pastebin link to crash log: no crash
Whats the bug? Ore generation of certain Metallurgy ores is not happening. Mithril, Adamantite, Atlarus from the fantasy pack in the overworld are not spawning (verified with MCEdit over a 32m block area from y64 to y0). The world was generated with Horizons 1.0.12, but it seems like I am experiencing this also with worlds generated in 1.0.13.
Can it be repeated? Yes, through generating multiple worlds and testing them.
Known Fix:

The Metallurgy configs have everything enabled. Is there another mod that's controlling ore generation? I read on these forums that CofH configs can control other mod's ore gen but I did not see any of the Metallurgy block IDs listed in its config file.

Fantasy metals are rare in my configs. They don't spawn in every chunk. In a 100 chunk quarry testing, you average about 30 of each. This is not a bug.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
I understand that that they're rare, and I agree with that. What config file controls that? It seems like the Metallurgy configs are all set to some default settings.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
These are my findings of newly generated terrain in 1.0.13. In the overworld, I'm missing Manganese, Astral Silver, Adamantite, and Atlarus to name a few. In the Nether we're missing Sanguinite, Lemurite, and Kalendrite with default configs. Are they so rare that they would not spawn in 126 million blocks and 11 million blocks respectively? I'm not trying to argue with you, I just want to make sure that everything here is right.

Number of blocks analyzed: 126,638,744
For reference-
Coal Ore: 602,028
Iron Ore: 474,309
Gold Ore: 67,228
Diamond Ore: 31,915

And Metallurgy Ores:
Zinc: 38,038
Saltpeter: 18,442
Prometheum: 3330
Deep Iron: 342
Oureclase: 65
Carmot: 329
Orichalcum: 1039

That's all I'm getting for Metallurgy. That's missing a lot of ores and utility ores.. and those numbers seem way off from what I was experiencing on the server before the reset.

Here's what I'm getting in the Nether for 11,768,625 blocks analyzed:
Ignatius: 1623
Shadow Iron: 1599
Midasium: 5135
Vyroxeres: 4055
Ceruclase: 492
Alduorite: 1362
Vulcanite: 170

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
These are my findings of newly generated terrain in 1.0.13. In the overworld, I'm missing Manganese, Astral Silver, Adamantite, and Atlarus to name a few. In the Nether we're missing Sanguinite, Lemurite, and Kalendrite with default configs. Are they so rare that they would not spawn in 126 million blocks and 11 million blocks respectively? I'm not trying to argue with you, I just want to make sure that everything here is right.

Hrm. I'll look at things.
Manganese is off on purpose, as HSLA steel can be used for all steel. The others should not be.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
I appreciate you taking the time to look at this. The server I play on just updated to 1.0.12 (and quickly to 1.0.13) after having a world generated back in 1.0.2. I immediately noticed a dramatic decline in the number of Metallurgy ores and decided to run some tests. The 1.0.12 generated world is terrible and we're making a new world, but waiting to hear about these ores before we proceed.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
hrm. i'm also getting odd numbers from mcedit. think i'll set up some large quarries to get some numbers just in case. esp since the current version of mcedit isn't stable. configs are as they should be.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
I'll do the same then. I've been digging around with a Tinker's Construct hammer in the overworld and in the Nether for quite a while and my yields are consistent with the MCEdit numbers.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Aye, not saying mcedit is wrong. I won't be able to do quarry tests till later. @Freyjadono is doing a major overhaul of some things atm. Hopefully if it's an issue with metallurgy itself it will be fixed. Else I'll be switching all things Metallurgy to cofhcore.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
Luck of the draw, really.

Consider: if it's picking a random y-value for each vein from 0 to 128, and given that from ~70-128 is generally air (unless it's a mountainous biome), or much smaller than that in ocean biomes, that's ~40% of all veins that potentially never get generated because they would spawn in air or water.

This is also why in my own custom M3 configs, I've stratified the base, precious, and the "common" magical ores, and made the "rare" magical ores very rare.

I asked a similar question about Metallurgy ore spawn rates in the Ask a Simple Question thread concurrently, and this was one of the replies. I do notice that most- if not all- of the Metallurgy config has ores spawning from y0 to y128. It could be just what this guy is saying, that a good portion of the ores just aren't generating because they're trying to generate mid-air.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I asked a similar question about Metallurgy ore spawn rates in the Ask a Simple Question thread concurrently, and this was one of the replies. I do notice that most- if not all- of the Metallurgy config has ores spawning from y0 to y128. It could be just what this guy is saying, that a good portion of the ores just aren't generating because they're trying to generate mid-air.

Except they have been that way since day one. Only now having issues? Idk if I accept that theory but I'll check into it. I want to fine tune the generation inb4 I push Horizons to 1.1.0 anyway.
If you really want to test that theory yourself, there is a config option to enable metallurgy ores to generate in the air. That should show if they are. I won't be back home for about 9 hours and will have been up 24+ hours at that point trying to fix my sleep schedule.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
I actually just tested that config setting, nothing happened.

I'm now testing by putting some ore generation to a max of y24, more along the line of what it "should" be.

I poked around in the CofH config but see nothing in regards to Metallurgy ores.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
I guess it didn't click to me that, if there were any settings in CofH, that you would have known about them.. since you would have put them there. Ha..

I put adamantite to generate from y0 to y24 and it looks like some spawned, about 50 ore in the immediate area around spawn (11 million blocks, probably around 100 chunks).

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
Ok great. I made a second world with that same height limit and got the same results- about 50 ores in 11 million blocks around spawn. You might want to get in contact with @Tristam Izumi, as in his reply to me he said he has a custom Metallurgy 3 ore configuration that sounds like it would do what you're wanting it to do.

Reactions: Eyamaz

Freyjadono

Jul 29, 2019
This was an issue with how Forge distributes seeds for world gen. Every ore would try to spawn in the same block. In first come first serve policy, some ours were left behind. This issue has been since fixed in later version on our Jenkins (http://goo.gl/Oc9F8S), with 3.3.3 seeing release shortly.

Reactions: Eyamaz

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
This was an issue with how Forge distributes seeds for world gen. Every ore would try to spawn in the same block. In first come first serve policy, some ours were left behind. This issue has been since fixed in later version on our Jenkins (http://goo.gl/Oc9F8S), with 3.3.3 seeing release shortly.

Your not destroying my configs again are you? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.