Gregtech & the omniwrench

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Should greg allow the omniwrench to be used on his machines?

• Total voters

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
You know... How often does someone enjoy the random chance of there hard work breaking even when they use the right tool? Yes there is a lossless mode that using more power which really can arguebly be said is cheaper then the 2 diamonds the omni wrench needs since you need power anyways it not like your building anything extra.

GT machines already are prone to explode or break. Why is picking them up seen as so OP?
i think the people who argue for incredibly harsh gregtorture dont actually play with GT or get in situations where said things happen. its all just on paper.

Sent from my homophone using metaphorical circuit boards

Dackstrus

Jul 29, 2019
So you basically want to force your play style on those of the server but do not what their play style to effect you. And instead of taking it up with the community of the server you belong to you would rather a mod dev force the change on them for you.

Good show.

That's why i've been ignoring him... The hypocrisy is strong with this one.

i think the people who argue for incredibly harsh gregtorture dont actually play with GT or get in situations where said things happen. its all just on paper.

Sent from my homophone using metaphorical circuit boards

I played with Gregtech. Now minecraft with gregtech installed makes me not want to play anymore... Even with configs..

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
The MFR GT recipes are done by us (technically Emy, I only touch them if I need to fix something that broke). We reached out to greg for assistance creating them and he told us he had no idea what MFR was or did and as such was not going to help us, so they were done as a rough "well this seems kind of greggy I guess??" estimate of how they would play with GT installed. But we've gotten nearly zero feedback on that.

Greg himself probably would give you different answers depending on when you asked him. The biggest problem Greg gives fellow mod authors is that he's very happy to radically change what he calls "progression" and then sort of reflect+proxy everyone else into oblivion when he discovers that they aren't keeping up with GregMeta.

For example, he radically led MachineMuse astray when she asked for his opinion of costing modular powersuits; even basic flight costing iridium plates was pretty absurd. But for awhile Greg was toying with tool nerfs and I think in the end even he seemed bored by it. Now he's been caught using Gravisuite because, crazily enough, the gravisuit is cheaper...

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Greg himself probably would give you different answers depending on when you asked him. The biggest problem Greg gives fellow mod authors is that he's very happy to radically change what he calls "progression" and then sort of reflect+proxy everyone else into oblivion when he discovers that they aren't keeping up with GregMeta.

For example, he radically led MachineMuse astray when she asked for his opinion of costing modular powersuits; even basic flight costing iridium plates was pretty absurd. But for awhile Greg was toying with tool nerfs and I think in the end even he seemed bored by it. Now he's been caught using Gravisuite because, crazily enough, the gravisuit is cheaper...

Gravisuit? CHEAPER? There goes my dreams. Oh well, I didn't like it's flight system much anyway...

I like gregtech for the unification, but MPS is my go-to for fairly balanced mid-game armor, and then I upgrade to gravichestplate in the endgame.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
The MFR GT recipes are done by us (technically Emy, I only touch them if I need to fix something that broke). We reached out to greg for assistance creating them and he told us he had no idea what MFR was or did and as such was not going to help us, so they were done as a rough "well this seems kind of greggy I guess??" estimate of how they would play with GT installed. But we've gotten nearly zero feedback on that.

feedback: we set greg recipes to false and TE recipes to true, my personal feeling is your recipes are niceley balanced for FTB using TE recipes.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Sometimes I think Gregtech is like a monster truck.

It's commonly used in places nobody wants, it disturbs the peace, and people who use it are compensating for something.
wow you actually went there..lmao, now this will stir thing up a little.

Reactions: Chocorate

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
To be honest imo this about intuitive types verses sensation types. Some people are about thinking of crazy designs but dont always make everything looks nice and can be a little disorganized, however brilliant (DW20 comes to mind) Then you have your grinders, the gregtech lovers who feel powerful because they scored the land and built this monster machine with each part working perfectly. Its just two different styles and it doesn't make the gregtech lovers smarter. This is like the engineer and physicist arguing over stuff. Each type of smart person is needed in the world and both work very differently.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest imo this about intuitive types verses sensation types. Some people are about thinking of crazy designs but dont always make everything looks nice and can be a little disorganized, however brilliant (DW20 comes to mind) Then you have your grinders, the gregtech lovers who feel powerful because they scored the land and built this monster machine with each part working perfectly. Its just two different styles and it doesn't make the gregtech lovers smarter. This is like the engineer and physicist arguing over stuff. Each type of smart person is needed in the world and both work very differently.

I think the difference is more about the sense of guidance. The Gregtech progression is very clear, and some people feel very much helped by that sense of guidance.

Reactions: Chocorate