Gregtech deliberately crashing client if TC installed..

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
I actally almost created this thread almost 12 hours ago before I went to sleep last night. Anyways the issue at hand is greg put code into his mod to crash the client if tinkers construct was installed. This is because TC unnerfed the log into planks that greg introduced recently. As many have pointed out this is configurable but greg decided to toss in an actual crash. According to wyld this code is still there despite greg promising to remove it. And if I am not mistaken this could mean it wont be included in the future feed the beast packs. So that sums it up as I understand. If I forgot something please post it!

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding something Kirindave said about malware laws, what are the consequences for this? and What do you think is going to happen, Greg apologizing and fixing himself, or being booted out of the packs?

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
God, first a huge wall of text that spams the user (who isn't at fault for anything), and now a crash.

Ah well, if he wants to try and be Flowerchild then he can. I don't think anyone would complain if somebody made a mod called Forgetech, that would copy everything that Gregtech does but without the crashing.

Symmetryc

Jul 29, 2019
God, first a huge wall of text that spams the user (who isn't at fault for anything), and now a crash.

Ah well, if he wants to try and be Flowerchild then he can. I don't think anyone would complain if somebody made a mod called Forgetech, that would copy everything that Gregtech does but without the crashing.
I think there is already a mod called NiceGregTech which adds everything that GregTech adds without the annoyances. Not entirely sure, though.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
since people did like my metaphors, here is another one:
imagine greg as 13 yo kid. he comes to a 9 yo kid with a toy, punches him and steals his toy and runs a way.
while greg staring at his loot, a another 13 yo kid comes to him, punches him and take toy back to 9 yo kid.
and know greg alway runs away when he sees that 13 yo kid, eve though that kid doesnt care about what greg did.

Reactions: dgdas9

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
The Gregtech thread on the IC2 forums has both mDiyo and Greg chatting and agreeing that they will make changes. Due to timezone difference, Wyld may not be aware. Greg mentioned a stealth update this morning after he woke up and chimed in. Lets try not to let it blow up too much until we see the final outcome.

CrissHill

Jul 29, 2019
The Gregtech thread on the IC2 forums has both mDiyo and Greg chatting and agreeing that they will make changes. Due to timezone difference, Wyld may not be aware. Greg mentioned a stealth update this morning after he woke up and chimed in. Lets try not to let it blow up too much until we see the final outcome.

It's already fixed on both. The wood is toggleable again, and mdiyo removed his overrides. All is fine in the mod kingdom.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019

But it's fun and some of us want to see some guts and bans and 'splosions and yelling.

CrissHill

Jul 29, 2019
Just found it, NiceGregTech.

Actually, I think that it modifies GregTech rather than adding the same things.

Isn't most that the mod offers already config options in GT?[DOUBLEPOST=1374088999][/DOUBLEPOST]
The violation of trust isn't resolved. Simply un-doing it will not suffice.

I think people are more interested about drama than justice though. otherwise this thread would be on IC2 forums where greg actually reads it.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't most that the mod offers already config options in GT?[DOUBLEPOST=1374088999][/DOUBLEPOST]

I think people are more interested about drama than justice though. otherwise this thread would be on IC2 forums where greg actually reads it.
I suppose, but FTB is joined at the hip with GT ... or maybe it's only half joined. So the issue is valid in both locations.

Reactions: RedBoss

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019

Bingo. Except the IC2 forums are eye cancer and incredibly confusing and you have to go through pages and pages, since whenever anybody says, "mDiyo and Greg are talking" or anything of the sort, they never give the actual page number.

Symmetryc

Jul 29, 2019

I haven't read the GregTech config, but I assume not. I adds an OmniTool for GT, it adds additional recipes, and it adds alternative ones as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.