gregtech block breaker nerf

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
i chose to play the mindcrack pack knowing gregtech was installed and set to hard mode. i did not choose radical changes in non-gregtech items or mechanics.

That decision was made in ignorance. What Greg does is publicly available and well-understood. You'd have to make a pretty compelling case that you suffered real and tangible damage to claim it qualified as an "attack."

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I don't see how we even have an argument in the on-topic part of this thread, for two reasons:
1. Greg's nerf is disabled by default, and the end user must go out of his/her way to enable it.
1a. The nerf might not even alter the behavior of the block breaker, only the recipe. I haven't tested it.
2. Nobody seems to disagree that Enigmius, in his "hardmode cobblestone furnace" video, pretty well nailed it.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Having a dedicated thread would defeat the purpose of it, because then nobody would bother to read it unless they were about to post an anti-GT rant.

I might be misunderstanding, but I believe you're missing the point. Say a thread's going "civilly," when all of a sudden FlameBaiter, hopefully unintentionally, starts a bit of nasty (for lack of a less strong term that isn't way too weak) arguing, which seems to happen on every thread where GT comes up here.

Then IWantThisThreadToRemainCivil points FlameBaiter and everyone involved in the flame war to the thread, says, "go here, I don't want arguing anywhere else," and hopefully FlameBaiter and everyone involved realize this is a flame war and take it there.

I did not intend anyone in the previous post to be in any way associated with or references to any actual users in this thread, any resemblance, obvious or otherwise, was unintentional.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
I might be misunderstanding, but I believe you're missing the point. Say a thread's going "civilly," when all of a sudden FlameBaiter, hopefully unintentionally, starts a bit of nasty (for lack of a less strong term that isn't way too weak) arguing, which seems to happen on every thread where GT comes up here.

Then IWantThisThreadToRemainCivil points FlameBaiter and everyone involved in the flame war to the thread, says, "go here, I don't want arguing anywhere else," and hopefully FlameBaiter and everyone involved realize this is a flame war and take it there.

I did not intend anyone in the previous post to be in any way associated with or references to any actual users in this thread, any resemblance, obvious or otherwise, was unintentional.
I think imibis is just saying that it's not unintentional, that FlameBaiter is trolling and wants everyone to have to see it.

Reactions: Whovian

noah_wolfe

Jul 29, 2019
i chose to play the mindcrack pack knowing gregtech was installed and set to hard mode. i did not choose radical changes in non-gregtech items or mechanics.

Well, which is it? Both statements can't be true.

Which brings us at last to the moment of truth, wherein the fundamental flaw is ultimately expressed, and the Anomaly revealed as both beginning... and end.

Reactions: Dafuq?

Peter_Gunnn

Jul 29, 2019
That decision was made in ignorance. What Greg does is publicly available and well-understood. You'd have to make a pretty compelling case that you suffered real and tangible damage to claim it qualified as an "attack."

here we go, blaming the victim again. as for "publicly available and well-understood" that is quite the overstatement

http://gregtech-addon.wikispaces.com/Change Log

Here is the Community-driven Changelog. Greg is too lazy to update it himself. All change log text is copied/paraphrased from Greg's forum posts.
bolded here is italics in original document

this in no way is an exhaustive list, its accuracy is not verified, and the vast majority of it is well beyond the comprehension of the layman - the same person that is expected to use this product.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Y'know what I just realized? I probably haven't been acting rationally today, and quite opinionated.

I apologize, everyone. Apparently anyone can temporarily go insane. I plan to set up a "rationality check" of some sort on all my further posts today.

Though it also just occurred to me that this post might also be irrational because I'm so afraid of acting irrationally.

Peter_Gunnn

Jul 29, 2019
Y'know what I just realized? I probably haven't been acting rationally today, and quite opinionated.

I apologize, everyone. Apparently anyone can temporarily go insane. I plan to set up a "rationality check" of some sort on all my further posts today.

Though it also just occurred to me that this post might also be irrational because I'm so afraid of acting irrationally.

i'm not sure you've done anything to apologize for

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
here we go, blaming the victim again. as for "publicly available and well-understood" that is quite the overstatement

http://gregtech-addon.wikispaces.com/Change Log

bolded here is italics in original document

this in no way is an exhaustive list, its accuracy is not verified, and the vast majority of it is well beyond the comprehension of the layman - the same person that is expected to use this product.

Tell me, what damages did you suffer? Was this change enabled by default? Wouldn't the FTB team be liable for your suffering since they were the curating the pack?

Peter_Gunnn

Jul 29, 2019
Tell me, what damages did you suffer? Was this change enabled by default? Wouldn't the FTB team be liable for your suffering since they were the curating the pack?

at very least, insomnia, confusion, depression, rage, weight loss, hair loss and staring at the ind. centrifuge has damaged my vision. hard mode is enabled by default in the mindcrack pack, however once i began playing the prolonged bombardment of negative alterations came without warning and seems to be only accelerating. i do believe the ftb team has been negligent in that they have done nothing to offer a balanced gameplay environment. also, the ftb team has given silent approval of villainous gregorious assuming those balancing responsibilities, and therefore should be executed along with him.

Reactions: Dravarden

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
at very least, insomnia, confusion, depression, rage, weight loss, hair loss and staring at the ind. centrifuge has damaged my vision. hard mode is enabled by default in the mindcrack pack, however once i began playing the prolonged bombardment of negative alterations came without warning and seems to be only accelerating. i do believe the ftb team has been negligent in that they have done nothing to offer a balanced gameplay environment. also, the ftb team has given silent approval of villainous gregorious assuming those balancing responsibilities, and therefore should be executed along with him.
Water is wet, fire is hot, hardmode is hard.

Peter_Gunnn

Jul 29, 2019
Water is wet, fire is hot, hardmode is hard.

hard mode is NOT hard, it's just tedious. there is no added challenge, only added mouse clicks.

normal mode - kill 10 rats
super challenge, only the very best players mode - kill 100 rats

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
hard mode is NOT hard, it's just tedious. there is no added challenge, only added mouse clicks.

normal mode - kill 10 rats
super challenge, only the very best players mode - kill 100 rats

But to kill them, first get UU for no fucking aparent reason! Oh, and the have diamond armor and shoot fire, just for "fun"[DOUBLEPOST=1364170014][/DOUBLEPOST]

For you is tedious, for other people is hard.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
1. as a creator of my own property, it is my decision alone what the experience of my creation is. nowhere in the civilized world is it acceptable to hijack another's work.

Wrong. Copyright gives you control over distribution, not in how the item is used once somebody has it in their hands. The computer running the code is owned by the user, not you, and has the decision making authority on what and how things are run.

2. you repeatedly take the position that the first to attack is in the right, and a similar response is wrong.

Modifying your mod, with the users consent, is not an attack. You being upset does not mean an attack occurred.

3. trojan precedent has been set. i look forward to your bringing charges against sirsengir.

While what Sengir did in Forestry does not compare to your proposed action, it would still be considered a trojan horse. As I was not an injured party in that conflict, I could not file charges.[DOUBLEPOST=1364172241][/DOUBLEPOST]
the experience are both the property of its owner/creator.

No. You are so far off the mark that you have nothing to stand on. Until you clear up this massive misconception you have, no constructive conversation on this topic can occur with you.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Think of it as, say, some drawing/ painting you make, then someone else decides to just take it, edit it, and distribute it as a "good/ better" version of yours, would you not be, at the very least annoyed of someone doing something of the sort?

Distribution of your work, even modified, would be illegal and violation of copyright.

Making a game changing mod that modifies your mod is not distribution of your work. Just like the original mod does not distribute Minecraft, Mod B which modifies Mod A does not actually distribute Mod A.

Reactions: Saice
Status
Not open for further replies.