Greg Tech opinion discussions go here

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
So hey, I've discovered that Tinker's Construct has a config option to remove vanilla tools, but that option defaults to off.
...if GregTech was violated because Tinker's Construct didn't come talk to Greg about reversing his changes.
...if GregTech was violated because it's config option (that didn't work at the time) wasn't honored and the wood nerf was reversed

...wasn't Tinker's Construct violated because Greg didn't talk to mDiyo and the (pre-existing) config option to remove vanilla tools wasn't honored?

Reactions: LittleMike

xXJollyXx

Jul 29, 2019
Umm.... the anger isn't really at the wood nerf. That's honestly expected of GT. What isn't expected is Greg causing the game to crash because another mod reverts his change to keep the balance of his own mod.
Yes, I know that. It just ENRAGES me that someone would do that... lol. But what greg and mDiyo did where both quite childish (moreso Greg, mDiyo did the right thing...kindof)

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
& it rages on & on & then on some more, & the smugness, the we win attitude, I take it all back the human race is doomed if this is a sample of the next gerneration.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
& it rages on & on & then on some more, & the smugness, the we win attitude, I take it all back the human race is doomed if this is a sample of the next gerneration.

I've known that long before this thread came into existence.[DOUBLEPOST=1374256994][/DOUBLEPOST]
This isn't a surprise, since he said exactly that in both "Future of FTB Modpacks" threads

Greg, or Slowpoke?

lolpierandom

Jul 29, 2019
No, because anybody rational will not be running a modpack with GT in the future.

This seems someone badly phrased; perhaps you meant a modpack with gregtech added?

There will be modpacks built around gregtech, after all. Sticking Gregtech into a random pack is a different story.

Nowhere in either post has Slowpoke claimed GT would be removed from FTB. Nor has he defined criteria for removal that GT violates.
Considering that it's been confirmed a pack is being built around gregtech and the 152wgt is being dropped, I'd imagine that it's not going to be featured in most other FTB packs.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
This seems someone badly phrased; perhaps you meant a modpack with gregtech added?

There will be modpacks built around gregtech, after all. Sticking Gregtech into a random pack is a different story.

And nobody rational will run those modpacks. My original phrasing was fine.

Xeonen

Jul 29, 2019
And nobody rational will run those modpacks. My original phrasing was fine.

I know two people that will play though, even if Gregory forced them to make everything out of quadruple condensed cobblestone mined with an über nerfed wooden pick.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
I know two people that will play though, even if Gregory forced them to make everything out of quadruple condensed cobblestone mined with an über nerfed wooden pick.

That's an example of irrational, not a counter example.

Xeonen

Jul 29, 2019
That's an example of irrational, not a counter example.

It wasn't intended to be a counter example, of course no sane person will use Grape Tech after intentional client crashes, that is the station just before the point of no return.

Take it easy, I didn't mean any harm.

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, it looks like things are heating up between greg and mdiyo again. Hopefully this time it doesn't end with greg doing something even worse.

Hyperme

Popular Member
Apr 3, 2013
Man mDiyo got out the burns and Greg couldn't even keep up. Well when you surround yourself with yes-men dealing with actual opinions is pretty difficult I hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.