[GAME] Cardwolf III

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway
I might vote Pyure tomorrow, I dont have an idea atm, the serial killer stuff happening yesterday, now this with fred.

C

CorpseCat

CC: I'm going to come out and say I suspect you're a player who's better at classic mafia than I am. That being the case, I feel you could be contributing a bit more to the analysis here overall. I haven't heard any theories from you on the lack of a mafia kill, nor any particularly good theories on who we should be targetting for a kill. In other words, you appear to be going with the flow.

You're also nulling people I find suspicious, which is understandable except that its multiple people I find suspicious.

I get nervous when people "look town" without actually helping me. Can you try to share a bit more?

(I am keenly aware that you're not at the bottom of the contribution pile. But I value your input more than some others)
Why thanks. I think speculating about the kill won't lead anywhere useful, and as for who we target to kill, I assume you mean by the SK? I'd rather they make their own choices they can be held accountable for. And how am I going with the flow by ending up off the wagon(s) every time so far?

I only nulled Victini, and I wouldn't mind seeing him go. My point on Fred was that he had enough votes for someone I didn't see with either damning evidence of being scum or clear connections upon a potential scum flip. The piling of votes on him just makes me wary as well.

Anything else you want?

VictiniX888

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure you wanted to say "definitely" here? Town generally thinks there "might" be room for suspicion about a thing. Town doesn't know anything "definitively".
I probably worded that post a little badly. My point still stands: I think Erin is (somewhat) scummy
Who do you actually claim is probably town this game??
Corpsecat, Cheese, Nojr. There are a lot of silent people here that I just can't read

VictiniX888

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps I missed something, why am I scummy again?
Because you antismited when you had like 2 suspects you could've voted for? Because you seem to be avoiding getting attention? Because you aren't making any effort at analyzing the thread?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Why thanks. I think speculating about the kill won't lead anywhere useful, and as for who we target to kill, I assume you mean by the SK? I'd rather they make their own choices they can be held accountable for. And how am I going with the flow by ending up off the wagon(s) every time so far?

I only nulled Victini, and I wouldn't mind seeing him go. My point on Fred was that he had enough votes for someone I didn't see with either damning evidence of being scum or clear connections upon a potential scum flip. The piling of votes on him just makes me wary as well.

Anything else you want?
Thanks kindly.

Regarding the flow: differentiate between going with wagons, and going with the flow. When you never take sides, it gives me the strong impression you don't really care who is getting lynched.
Hopefully that clarifies my concerns.

I just pointed out that your "frederik is like 100% sure a wolf" logic is false, and that "frederik is like 50% sure a wolf" is more accurate. Nothing fluffy about that.
I...think you're being serious?

(Just to clarify: You can't prove me "wrong" by saying you proved that my 100% fred theory is wrong. I never had any such theory in the first place. My position is that my case is strong, not indisputably correct.)

If you're not capable of following my statements or understanding the logic behind them, I'm not really under any sort of mandate to try to make it even simpler for you, especially when I'm of the opinion that your own agenda is to deconstruct my position in the first place.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese
C

CorpseCat

Thanks kindly.

Regarding the flow: differentiate between going with wagons, and going with the flow. When you never take sides, it gives me the strong impression you don't really care who is getting lynched.
Hopefully that clarifies my concerns.
I would say the opposite, actually, if I didn't really care who was lynched, I would join an ongoing wagon or just say nothing. Going off on my own and laying a vote on someone else is taking an independent stance of wanting that person lynched. I provided the thoughts behind my votes as well, you can't say they're antismites.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Btw Pyure who do you think is town?
Vike and Dylan. And me.

Jokes aside, my leans haven't changed a huge amount since my last reads post. I maybe feel more towny on Erindalc than I did yesterday, by virtue of pms.

I would say the opposite, actually, if I didn't really care who was lynched, I would join an ongoing wagon or just say nothing. Going off on my own and laying a vote on someone else is taking an independent stance of wanting that person lynched. I provided the thoughts behind my votes as well, you can't say they're antismites.
Agreed. That said...I still can't shake the whole "CC isn't really helping" feeling.

From what I understand, there is almost no way Fred isn't mafia right?

Also where the hell is @fowltief ?
A few theories are out that can explain town!fred. They're pretty fringe and they're not really supported by his actions.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
From what I understand, there is almost no way Fred isn't mafia right?

Also where the hell is @fowltief ?
Almost, yes. Dylan could have saved Frederikam, but that raises the question of why? Maybe Fred was confirmed power town from Dylan's point of view (i.e. a cop who'd scanned him), but then why was Fred not at all worried about being lynched?

The Fred-is-mafia-governor hypothesis is much simpler, and therefore (by Occam's Razor) more likely to be correct.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
A few theories are out that can explain town!fred. They're pretty fringe and they're not really supported by his actions.

Almost, yes. Dylan could have saved Frederikam, but that raises the question of why? Maybe Fred was confirmed power town from Dylan's point of view (i.e. a cop who'd scanned him), but then why was Fred not at all worried about being lynched?

The Fred-is-mafia-governor hypothesis is much simpler, and therefore (by Occam's Razor) more likely to be correct.

In that case, I think the next person to look at is Lethosos. He's not exactly super scummy, but he's playing follow the leader pretty well and isn't adding much to the thread.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Vote frederikam. Ex confirmed that dylan could've saved him before he died, but unless dylan trusted Fred with all his heart it's unlikely he'd waste his 1-shot power to save him. The mafia-governor theory is more plausible.

(It was probably poor planning for me to sign in for this game, by the way; It's a busy time of year IRL. I'll take a break after Cardwolf ends. :p)