Future of Mods With 1.5

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Are 1.5 And The New Mods Good?

• Yes

Votes: 56 84.8%
  • No

Votes: 10 15.2%

• Total voters

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
No, you cannot. Prove me wrong. Go make a fully featured mod that contains loads of things that you consider better than Notch.

And correcting a person's spelling is a fairly silly move. Especially as it then opens you to the same in reverse, and no science gets done, no one makes a near gun, and even if they did it wouldn't be for the people that are still alive.

Well, I consider wolves better than a crappy mod that can't even be used with rei's minimap, and is not because is incompatible, is because of the mod maker being pedantic.

Oh, and the "then" drives me mad, every day I see that frikin' word.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Edited post so others won't freak out over a slight misspelling. I never said Notch was meh. Ideas can be but not the person who thought them up. As others have said things need to be fleshed out. Take sheep, anyone ele wish they dropped some kind of meat. Same with squids. I know mods change this but maybe I am different in thinking they would be fleshed out more. Bats don't drop anything worth while either. Rotten flesh from zombies also counts. Need I go on?

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Edited post so others won't freak out over a slight misspelling. I never said Notch was meh. Ideas can be but not the person who thought them up. As others have said things need to be fleshed out. Take sheep, anyone ele wish they dropped some kind of meat. Same with squids. I know mods change this but maybe I am different in thinking they would be fleshed out more. Bats don't drop anything worth while either. Rotten flesh from zombies also counts. Need I go on?

Well, you are not saying that notch is meh, but you are saying that what he made is meh, like wolves, villagers, squids, sheep, trees, dirt, air, complain because of the sake of it!

Oh, and sorry if pointing out the mistake was a bad idea, is that so many people do it ...:(

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I consider wolves better than a crappy mod that can't even be used with rei's minimap, and is not because is incompatible, is because of the mod maker being pedantic.

Oh, and the "then" drives me mad, every day I see that frikin' word.

Its one thing if he started in modloader and didn't want to switch but didn't he have to completely rewrite most of it to switch to modloader?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019

Your attitude appears to be entirely emotional driven, and not something I think we can change by further discussion. Good day.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Apology accepted ^_^.

I think, and I can be wrong, is people are saying that the things put in haven't been fully fleshed out or poorly implimented. It would be like Call of Duty making a map and then limiting access to it for some obsecure reason.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Well, villagers where revamped 3 times already. And yeah, of course there are always features that you don't like, like all the whiners of the minecraft forum: "did jeb ruined minecraft?" Or "the new terrain is crap and here is why".

I personally dislike the new tnt sound... And that's it.

Its one thing if he started in modloader and didn't want to switch but didn't he have to completely rewrite most of it to switch to modloader?

He made so his mod is incompatible on purpose...

Reactions: ILoveGregTech

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Well, villagers where revamped 3 times already. And yeah, of course there are always features that you don't like, like all the whiners of the minecraft forum: "did jeb ruined minecraft?" Or "the new terrain is crap and here is why".

I personally dislike the new tnt sound... And that's it.

He made so his mod is incompatible on purpose...
I know he did, but i'm saying he not only made his mod incompatible, he really went our of his way to do it

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Nobody knows about minecraft realms and how it will affect FTB?

Minecraft realms are dedicated servers just like every other, but hosted by mojang.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Nobody knows about minecraft realms and how it will affect FTB?

Minecraft realms are dedicated servers just like every other, but hosted by mojang.

They won't have any effect on FTB as they're hosting vanilla servers, and even then they're still going to have to prove themselves to be able to handle the hosting situation.

Unless the MineCraft Realms team (which Mojang surely is contracting out another hosting service) decides they want to offer FTB support, and Mojang agrees to it, it will not be a problem.

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
1.5 + mods in a nutshell:

Eloraam will update in 1.7, + 200 bugs and 2-3 new features, then disappear again till like 1.9
Thaumcraft will change everything again, also in 1.6 and 1.7, lets see what thaumcraft 10 has to bring us in the future!
IC2 will have the same exact stuff, nothing new as always.
Gregtech will make you use nether stars to chop down trees (1 nether star per log)
Instability of mystcraft now might give you viruses on your pc, and no age may be usable.
Stell in railcraft now will take 1 minecraft day to make, and high speed rails will blow up stronger than never before
200 new species of bees
Solar panels now require dragon eggs to make because they are so op
Buildcraft will invent something weird and new, sorta like lasers of the assembly table
Xycoridite will now be as useful as dirt, really good for growing stuff on them, besides storing lava in wooden tanks like is nobody's business, oh, and powering footbals with lasers, thats for sure!
Everything will be laggy as hell, as always
Voxelmap will show you mushroom islands near by, and ever ore in a cave if you choose, or chests, sorta like nodus
You will have molten of every item in game and be able to put it in a frame of whatever to make a new TE item
EE will let you exchange cobble for nether stars
Extrabiomes will have 200 more useless biomes so you wont be able to find that extreme hills for emeralds for your tinker table
Modular powersuits now will cook your food, walk for you and kill for you
Portalgun will now require you to be at the farlands, have 200 spawners near by and 29 activated beacons to make 1 gun
Reliquarry will now have 200+ guns like battlefield

(This is a joke, as people might not get it)
Perfectly said... Except for the GT part :p
Seriously though this sums it up

Reactions: Dravarden

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Perfectly said... Except for the GT part :p
Seriously though this sums it up
I agree with everything except the extra biomes part. Because EBXL is being rewritten there obviously wont be any new features for a while. I know he was exaggerating but I honestly don't think any of the biomes are "useless" I mean I suppose they are just as useless as vanilla biomes, but they add more diversity and adventure to the world. I believe that emeralds spawn in some of the EBXL biomes as well

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with everything except the extra biomes part. Because EBXL is being rewritten there obviously wont be any new features for a while. I know he was exaggerating but I honestly don't think any of the biomes are "useless" I mean I suppose they are just as useless as vanilla biomes, but they add more diversity and adventure to the world. I believe that emeralds spawn in some of the EBXL biomes as well
For as many good features as there are in EBXL there are 2x as many bad things like the lag... *dat lag*

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the gregtech one is true that he has never used nether stars... What about you will need UU to make a matterfab?

What I more or less mean is that... Bushes, scarecrows? What do they do? And cacti only spawns in desert (didn't know about the emerald one... Ten freaking years to find an extreme hills for a stupid tinker table, that or bees.)

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the gregtech one is true that he has never used nether stars... What about you will need UU to make a matterfab?

What I more or less mean is that... Bushes, scarecrows? What do they do? And cacti only spawns in desert (didn't know about the emerald one... Ten freaking years to find an extreme hills for a stupid tinker table, that or bees.)
xD, it's basically like the Iridium... Having to make a machine (that make stuff to make hard to make stuff) out of hard to find stuff :p if you followed that congratualations cause I didn't

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
iridium is used to make a machine that makes stuff to make hard stuff with it out of hard stuff to find

yep, got it... at least I think I do.