FTB Release!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinjiru

Jul 29, 2019
Wabbit, it seems to me that your statements could be summed up as "I don't like the magic mods, and I don't think enough people do to warrant bothering with them." Clearly, the mod pack team disagrees (as do I). That's not to say you're wrong or not entitled to that opinion, but I think that you may just have to live with the fact that some of their efforts go into developing stuff you don't personally like/want/need. But, that's the nature of any mod/mod pack, isn't it?

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
Wabbit, it seems to me that your statements could be summed up as "I don't like the magic mods, and I don't think enough people do to warrant bothering with them." Clearly, the mod pack team disagrees (as do I). That's not to say you're wrong or not entitled to that opinion, but I think that you may just have to live with the fact that some of their efforts go into developing stuff you don't personally like/want/need. But, that's the nature of any mod/mod pack, isn't it?
I refer you to the last statement in my post.
Just because I say a negative thing about something in a relevant conversation doesn't mean I dislike it.
I miss EE. I do. I adored it and I can't wait to see EE3 and I haven't yet gotten much experience out of TC to make an educated opinion about it.

Look, ultimately I couldn't give a toss what they do with their little modpack. They can build monuments to the phallic glory of FTB's e-peen or they can burn it to the damn ground and I couldn't give so much as a double take in it's direction, however, I was promis- No. WE were promised that the mod, along with others, would be implemented into a single modpack named FTB. I don't think I'm alone when I say I never expected another modpack sprung at us with half the major mods missing, let alone being told just to 'deal with it'.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Ok i have a question about these packs. And btw i do understand the need to have separate packs with separate mods(categorized mods), this being quite needed for servers.
My question is can we merge mods from different packs without being any conflicts(considering they are for the same mc version)? Will i be able to take mods from a pack and put it into another pack?

Yes all mods are getting there own set of IDs even if they are not in that pack. Which means moving a mod from one to the other shouldn't be a problem.

Easier way is when the pack with all mods is released just go through all the mods and disable the ones you don't want.
This save you from moving mods around. :)

Edit : Added quote for more information
Our goal is to keep the IDs universally standardized between all of the packs.
It is unlikely that TC3 will be added to the original beta pack as we are moving away from supporting the beta releases.
Magic World is the first official pack using standardized IDs. However, compatibility is not guaranteed to be perfect with the original FTB Beta releases.
Direwolf20 will have his own pack that will be available on the launcher, as it will be an official FTB Pack, it will use standardized IDs.
There will be an ultimate pack (that is not necessarily the final name) that contains all mods using standardized IDs.
Lots of people are working very hard to make these things happen, so be patient. Good things are coming.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you both please stop. Take it to a private conversation.

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: Removed my original large post and moved to a private conversation (posted before I saw Law's post above).

MasterJ

Jul 29, 2019
FTB pack is working nice thanks a lot and a lot, i wait impatiently and patiently (hehehe) for all mods come to 1.4.5 then we surely have direwolf20 *ultimate* pack and we can add more of the magic pack, electricity etc etc.

i don't know if it's happen one day but a bukkit compatible version can be good too let's see how it's come.

you can always count on me for all beta test i love doing that i do that like my 2nd job.

MJ

Reactions: Kinjiru

Roalith

Jul 29, 2019
Love Feed the Beast so far! Hoping that in the future it incorporates everything from Technic+Tekkit and then some, because FTB deserves an undisputed #1 status and a must-have reputation! I have been spending the past while today trying to independently install everything from Technic/Tekkit/FTB onto my client that syncs over Dropbox for LAN play with my wife/kids and this is really a pita, hoping this expands to include more mods (my kids won't play at all without Mo' Creatures!

Barkaway

Jul 29, 2019
EE3 and Redpower will be finished precisely one week after the last post on these forums saying "WHEN IZ EE GONNA BE IN FTB," "WHEREZ MY RP, ELORAAM" or any variant of the above. So in other words, never.

Aww you just broke ma heart:'(

eisbaerBorealis

Jul 29, 2019
Luckily, arkangyl was kidding. EE3 and Redpower will be added just as soon as they are publicly released, and they will be publicly released just as soon as they are finished. And nobody knows when they will be finished, so people who ask are just wasting their time and annoying those of us who understand what is going on.

Barkaway

Jul 29, 2019
Luckily, arkangyl was kidding. EE3 and Redpower will be added just as soon as they are publicly released, and they will be publicly released just as soon as they are finished. And nobody knows when they will be finished, so people who ask are just wasting their time and annoying those of us who understand what is going on.
Yeah i know, thats why i dont ask, but that doesnt mean that im not waiting, cause boy i am:D

Reactions: eisbaerBorealis

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
A question that I have, that may have been asked before: are the IDs that are currently used in the Beta release the same ones that will be used in the full release? Currently I am working diligently on my series with the Beta pack (currently on episode 25), but will upgrading to the 1.4.5 pack when it is released void the world I have currently?

Thanks for replying, even if it was stated previously!

Flip

Jul 29, 2019
A question that I have, that may have been asked before: are the IDs that are currently used in the Beta release the same ones that will be used in the full release? Currently I am working diligently on my series with the Beta pack (currently on episode 25), but will upgrading to the 1.4.5 pack when it is released void the world I have currently?

Thanks for replying, even if it was stated previously!

Worst case scenario is that they do change, but you can still recover by using something like mIDas: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/252880-tool-midas-id-changer-v031-open-source/
Recommended to me by one of my viewers, since I'm sure I'll be spending hours with it to convert my 1.2.5 world to 1.4.5 pretty soon.

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
Worst case scenario is that they do change, but you can still recover by using something like mIDas: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/252880-tool-midas-id-changer-v031-open-source/
Recommended to me by one of my viewers, since I'm sure I'll be spending hours with it to convert my 1.2.5 world to 1.4.5 pretty soon.
Interesting tool. So I assume that you would need to manually go through the block IDs one by one and convert them, correct? Probably would take a while - perhaps he can create a tool that converts from one config pack to another, but I guess that would be very time consuming for him, since each config file would be different.

Now, I assume from my quick readings that it works with blocks with Meta-data. If so, this will be a handy tool! Just need to get an ID list from NEI, and I should be good.

Thanks a lot!

Flip

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting tool. So I assume that you would need to manually go through the block IDs one by one and convert them, correct? Probably would take a while - perhaps he can create a tool that converts from one config pack to another, but I guess that would be very time consuming for him, since each config file would be different.

In theory, there might not be that many changes so you hopefully wouldn't have to do too much work. But yes, it would be manual edits essentially. I like the idea of giving it two config files and letting it automatically making the changes. Now that MultiMC exports configs, maybe this guy can use that standard to add that feature.

Better yet, maybe MultiMC will add this feature.

havocx42

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I created Midas *GOLD* which is an update to the tool Pfaeff created(linked above).
Unfortunately his tool doesn't convert inventories, items, or blocks with IDs between 128 and 255 and won't work with the new "Anvil" level format. So I updated to add those features and various other fixs. The main thing for you guys is the feature to load a set of translations from a text file called a patch file. This was specifically created to help with updating from one version of a modpack to another. One person has to generate the patch file(pretty easy with help from the modpack creators; not hard using NEI's dump IDs feature) and then everyone can use it.

Here is a link to the Google Code project: Midas *GOLD*
Please create an issue on the bug tracker if you have any problems.

Edit:
...Now that MultiMC exports configs, maybe this guy can use that standard to add that feature...
I will have a look at a feature to make use of this, thanks for pointing it out!

Reactions: Flip

bhblacky

Jul 29, 2019
Ok i have a question about these packs. And btw i do understand the need to have separate packs with separate mods(categorized mods), this being quite needed for servers.
My question is can we merge mods from different packs without being any conflicts(considering they are for the same mc version)? Will i be able to take mods from a pack and put it into another pack?

i think yes, there will be a superior pack with all mods inside at the end, its easy to disable mods in the launcher itself

Status
Not open for further replies.