Thaumcraft 3 in FTB Pack 1?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

TheWoody

Jul 29, 2019
i saw that there was a new 'magic' pack, which now contains TC3. But i was wondering if TC3 would also be added to FTB Pack 1, because i enjoy the mods in that pack rather than the 'magic' pack.
Thanks, hope TC3 gets added to Pack 1.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
It will be once the Beta Pack is updated to 1.4.5. As of now, thye are incompatible due to different minecraft versions.

Dex Luther

Jul 29, 2019
It will be once the Beta Pack is updated to 1.4.5. As of now, thye are incompatible due to different minecraft versions.

I don't believe so. Unless the beta pack is completely different, Slowpoke said in the suggestions thread that it wouldn't be added to the FTB pack because it didn't fit the theme of he's going for. I'll edit and post the link if I can dig up his post.

EDIT:

As to thaumcraft 3 we are already testing the Magic World Pack and this pack not only includes TC3 but is focused around it. Thaumcraft 3 wont be included in the map pack, mainly because it doesnt fit in with our plans for the next map. (having said that, this was based on old information. I havent had a proper chance to take a look at how TC3 works, so even that is subject to change. From the information you are kind of implying, I would guess that the pack you are going to want to use is the one that direwolf will be using or something very close to it. As a lets-player. He will be using a much more general purpose pack where as I will be putting out something that is more themed. I honestly wouldn't worry about that though. Give it a month or two and you will have a large variety of packs that you can use.
Source

Harro

Jul 29, 2019
I'm thinking Direwolf20's mod pack will contain both tc3 and everything from the FTB mod pack.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Pack A will be the pack that is used to make the new up coming pack.

I believe TC will not be in the new map. So i don't think you will see it in Pack A.

On the other hand there will be another pack that will come out (sometime) That will have ALL mods.

;) Hope this helps

Reactions: Confidential1207

ScottWears

Jul 29, 2019
In the event that TC3 is not added to the test pack after an update to 1.4.5 you are free to add TC3 to it yourself (it is not known at this time if there will be any ID conflicts) there is a chance you might need to do the configs your self

Reactions: Confidential1207

OtakuD

Jul 29, 2019
I see that the TC3 ids have been shifted to the 1600 mark from the default 2400, will there be any consistency between mod packs and ids (i.e. I can move magic world saves to FTB and vice versa) with only blocks from missing mods being lost? Reason I'm asking this is because I REALLY don't want to have to restart my home server world AGAIN when the full pack is released (DW20 or otherwise) or info from TC3. RP2 world generation I can live without but hours of research/constructions would be sad indeed....

Dex Luther

Jul 29, 2019
I see that the TC3 ids have been shifted to the 1600 mark from the default 2400, will there be any consistency between mod packs and ids (i.e. I can move magic world saves to FTB and vice versa) with only blocks from missing mods being lost? Reason I'm asking this is because I REALLY don't want to have to restart my home server world AGAIN when the full pack is released (DW20 or otherwise) or info from TC3. RP2 world generation I can live without but hours of research/constructions would be sad indeed....

I hope not as well, but it's a risk you take with any BETA.

ScottWears

Jul 29, 2019
I cant see any of the mod pack guys online right not but I will pm them and ask .. I will update this once I have a response but I'm guessing they are going to try their best .

DaveSW

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, just to clarify a few things:
There are multiple packs planned. One will be the magic pack, which is already released. One will be the tech pack, which won't include any of the magical mods, but will have things like IC2 and Redpower 2. There will also be a lite pack, which will be a lighter version of the ultimate pack. The ultimate pack will have almost everything every mod in it. Direwolf will also have his own pack, which will include all the mods he wants to use in his next lets play series.

The id's for each mod are going to be the same in every pack. This means that any of the mods in any of the ftb packs can be easily added to another ftb pack, without ever having to change block ids, as there won't be any conflicts.

I think that about covers it. Once every pack gets released, it will be very easy to customize any pack to your liking.

ScottWears

Jul 29, 2019
The id's for each mod are going to be the same in every pack. This means that any of the mods in any of the ftb packs can be easily added to another ftb pack, without ever having to change block ids, as there won't be any conflicts.

Whilst this is very probable I have still asked the mod pack guys to confirm this so that we can share an official response for all to see

DaveSW

Jul 29, 2019
Whilst this is very probable I have still asked the mod pack guys to confirm this so that we can share an official response for all to see
It is confirmed. Slowpoke said it himself on his livestream. 800 people heard him.

ScottWears

Jul 29, 2019
The Livestreams are not the forum's and things change the live stream was also a live event on the twitch website, it is best if it is noted here by a member of the modpack team, 800 people might have heard slow say it but the forums have around 9300 registered user most of which didn't catch the stream.

I am not disagreeing with what you are saying but allot of people want to hear from the members of staff about these things.

Edit: In edition read this where jadedcat states that any information is only accurate at the time and allot of stuff changes

Reactions: Lawbroken

TheWoody

Jul 29, 2019
Alright thanks guys, so i shouldn't have any, or atleast not to many id conflicts or other problems with adding mods from the magical pack to pack A? And is direwolf having his own modpack on the launcher???

ScottWears

Jul 29, 2019
Alright thanks guys, so i shouldn't have any, or atleast not to many id conflicts or other problems with adding mods from the magical pack to pack A? And is direwolf having his own modpack on the launcher???
Again we will try to get official information on this when its available but giving that DW usually lists his mods and configs somewhere since he know people like to play along with his single player series it that might be the case.

CWW256

Jul 29, 2019
Our goal is to keep the IDs universally standardized between all of the packs.

It is unlikely that TC3 will be added to the original beta pack as we are moving away from supporting the beta releases.

Magic World is the first official pack using standardized IDs. However, compatibility is not guaranteed to be perfect with the original FTB Beta releases.

Direwolf20 will have his own pack that will be available on the launcher, as it will be an official FTB Pack, it will use standardized IDs.

There will be an ultimate pack (that is not necessarily the final name) that contains all mods using standardized IDs.

Lots of people are working very hard to make these things happen, so be patient. Good things are coming.

enoch

Jul 29, 2019

It is unlikely that TC3 will be added to the original beta pack as we are moving away from supporting the beta releases.

Magic World is the first official pack using standardized IDs. However, compatibility is not guaranteed to be perfect with the original FTB Beta releases.

Direwolf20 will have his own pack that will be available on the launcher, as it will be an official FTB Pack, it will use standardized IDs.

There we an ultimate pack (that is not necessarily the final name) that contains all mods using standardized IDs.

Lots of people are working very hard to make these things happen, so be patient. Good things are coming.

Awesome, I'd love an all-in-one pack. At least then we could pick and choose which mods in there we want to delve into.

simon48xbox

Jul 29, 2019

There will be an ultimate pack (that is not necessarily the final name) that contains all mods using standardized IDs.

This sounds amazing! I can't wait for the Direwolf20 pack and the "ultimate" pack (not that I won't play the FTB maps). Is there a rough ETA for the ultimate pack with all world gen for the foreseeable future included? I love to get a 1.4.5 survival map with all my world gen in. I have my own mod collection going, but a having a launcher and those standardized IDs are so tempting. I don't mean to be pushy and I'm sure you guys know not to rush the pack releases (and some things are out of your hands RedPower for example) and are going as fast as you can, but if you can give a vague estimate (when all world gen mods are ready, between now and 2020 etc) that would help me decide whether or not to use my own pack or wait for awesome FTB packs, if you can't I completely understand. Keep up the good work!