FTB Release!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chayt6986

Jul 29, 2019
tbh, agreed. redpower is the glue that binds the tech mods. looking at the play on forgecraft, nearly all of the builds rely on it, without it ftb is not complete...
Yes I agree that redpower is a key mod , You play it and you fall in love with it it's hard to let go for a while , . But people have to respect eloramms . So we wait ..

RollsRoyce68

Jul 29, 2019
meh. RP is cool but i can't wait for TC3 and all those golems running around sorting things for me!

also EE3 will be epic! hoping to have a great hybrid of science and magic, in ways that should never have been done! I will build and destroy worlds with the power of Sigic! *sighs* i miss being OP.

Btw, why is it Feed The Beast, surly Forge The Beast is more suitable. After all, we are creating miracles and monstrosities in this mod pack.

Heavens_Rejected

Jul 29, 2019
Really hope to see Thaumcraft, EE and RedPower added.
thaumcraft will be in a magic mod pack by sometime today from what I understand
and after the last few bugs are killed in redpower (which should be in the next couple days) it will be put in the FTB mod pack (and 99% sure thaumcraft will be put there to) and then the mod pack should no longer be called BETA!!!

Kinjiru

Jul 29, 2019
and after the last few bugs are killed in redpower (which should be in the next couple days) it will be put in the FTB mod pack (and 99% sure thaumcraft will be put there to) and then the mod pack should no longer be called BETA!!!

That's great, thanks for the reply!

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm today is about an hour from being over in Slowpoke land...

Wizaerd

Jul 29, 2019
I'm assuming if I try this Magic Pack, I will need to start a new world, right? I'm fine with that, however when the next full on FTB pack does get released will to also require a new world?

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
I'm assuming if I try this Magic Pack, I will need to start a new world, right? I'm fine with that, however when the next full on FTB pack does get released will to also require a new world?
Yes. The next 'full' release of the FTB modpack, god-willing, will include Redpower which handles drastic world changes including terrain generation such as ores, volcanos, marble, etc. You WILL need a new world.

Kinjiru

Jul 29, 2019
Just to clarify, is there not going to be a pack that includes both Thaumcraft and IndustrialCraft?

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, it's (Magic World) not FTB and your saves are not in that modpack folder.
Just to clarify, is there not going to be a pack that includes both Thaumcraft and IndustrialCraft?
FTB will, when it's finished

eisbaerBorealis

Jul 29, 2019
Barring any ID conflicts, you will NOT NEED A NEW WORLD. That's what Mystcraft is for; make a new mining age for the new ores. Thaumcraft will include a config option which will generate the ores and nodes in your overworld.

DragonLord

Jul 29, 2019
idk how to log in to feed the beast, lol. i dont know where i can get an account, or if it is just your minecraft account. pls help me!

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
So why do we have a magic pack anyway? I thought Thaumcraft was being integrated with the rest of the mods? Too many conflicts or something?

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
I believe it is for variety. Slow stated there would be 4 packs (of course, everything is subject to change I would assume):

1. Tech Pack
2. Magic Pack
3. Universal Pack (it seems this pack will merge both tech and magic pack together along with other mods, probably will resemble the current FTB Beta A pack but with more mods, we'll have to wait and see).

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
I believe it is for variety. Slow stated there would be 4 packs (of course, everything is subject to change I would assume):

1. Tech Pack
2. Magic Pack
3. Universal Pack (it seems this pack will merge both tech and magic pack together along with other mods, probably will resemble the current FTB Beta A pack but with more mods, we'll have to wait and see).
Variety's all well and good on paper but I can't exactly see how, in the long run, server listing/hosting websites are going to catagorize and/or provide support for server types like Vanilla, Modded, Tekkit, FTB 1, FTB 2, FTB 3, etc.

It's not what I'd call practical.
EDIT: Though it is rather ingenious as a method for people to buy more hosted servers for each type so that they can cater to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.